LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

14 minutes ago, redrobrob said:

This is where Glastonbury gets it right, they don't catch falling swords. You look back and they generally have it spot on.. 

They are pretty good at what they do! Who would have thought?!?

I saw Ed Sheeran in Croissant Neuf. Not sure if that's getting it right 😉 (didn't like it then, don't like it now)

8 hours ago, blutarsky said:

VAR check in progress: Troll confirmed 

No he's not. Just very judgemental about other people's taste, like a lot of folk on here. Being judge doth not make a troll.

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Ok so there’s still a wed announcement to come … just the small stages ? 

It'll be interesting to see if they give some of the smaller stages a poster, even though they're already announced like they did in 2019.

Just now, Matt42 said:

Last time it came out as merch after the festival

It stinks they dont just sell that poster at the festival. I know theyll do some of the black and white printing press ones, but the full color one would be nice to get while there and not have to order it later on.

1 hour ago, kugglaw said:

It makes me cringe

I can’t wait to see them. Their version of Killing In The Name is even more intense than the original. And quite a live act - the lead singer is on a warning not to get overly carried away on stage. She was subject to a police investigation after a gig in the States. If you don’t know the story Google it. It’s quite shocking 💦

5 minutes ago, Mackem said:

I can’t wait to see them. Their version of Killing In The Name is even more intense than the original. And quite a live act - the lead singer is on a warning not to get overly carried away on stage. She was subject to a police investigation after a gig in the States. If you don’t know the story Google it. It’s quite shocking 💦

Oh my god. Reading through your comment, I didn't have to search. It slowly clicked in my head.

That video... IT'S THEM?! 😂

2 minutes ago, Acid Loafers said:

Oh my god. Reading through your comment, I didn't have to search. It slowly clicked in my head.

That video... IT'S THEM?! 😂

It’s them alright. 

I went through clashfinder yesterday and feel a bit guilty that most of my “must sees” are DJs. Not helped by the fact that the few bands/live acts I want to see are evening/nighttime clashes with each other.

Aside from just strolling and taking in the atmosphere and serendipitous events, I think I either need to do a bunch of research on daytime acts, or trust that a given stage (usually West Holts) will serve up the sort of thing I like…

18 minutes ago, Mackem said:

I believe she’s taking a break from touring with them for their summer shows and they’ve got somebody else in to replace her, so no need to have your umbrellas up in the front row whilst watching them at Glastonbury. 

19 minutes ago, Mackem said:

Her name is Sophie Urista. The portmanteau of Urine and Barista can’t be accidental!

4 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

I believe she’s taking a break from touring with them for their summer shows and they’ve got somebody else in to replace her, so no need to have your umbrellas up in the front row whilst watching them at Glastonbury. 

That’s disappointing. Not for the golden showers, but she seems to be the heart (and kidneys) of the band’s performance.

1 minute ago, Mackem said:

That’s disappointing. Not for the golden showers, but she seems to be the heart (and kidneys) of the band’s performance.

I've seen the alternate singer, would still recommend. It would even work as instrumental! 

• Thanks 1