LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

42 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

20 weeks to go, are we in the territory of weekly announcements now?

We're in the territory of over analysing any post which comes from a social media account even tediously connected to the festival.

The territory of weekly announcements is April - May.

34 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Daily mail reporting Harry is booked. Could this spur on an announcement? 

It says they're 'keen to get him' in the body of the article, while the title says he's booked. Weirdly worded Daily Mail! I know they're a gossip rag but do they tend to be right about this sort of thing?

Just now, shivroy said:

It says they're 'keen to get him' in the body of the article, while the title says he's booked. Weirdly worded Daily Mail! I know they're a gossip rag but do they tend to be right about this sort of thing?

I posted almost exactly the same on the headliner thread 

12 minutes ago, shivroy said:

Wording is shit but they could have in the frame for a slot and the contracts aren’t completed yet. That would still ring true as Glasto have done similar before

Any peep from big weekend this year? 

Just checked it is booked to be in Coventry but I’ve not seen any movement to announce acts or tickets. Could this be silently cancelled or will it go ahead?

Set for 27-29 May. Olivia Rodrigo would be my first prediction. She has a gap from May 25th to June 11th.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/events/r49fhn

17 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Any peep from big weekend this year? 

Just checked it is booked to be in Coventry but I’ve not seen any movement to announce acts or tickets. Could this be silently cancelled or will it go ahead?

Set for 27-29 May. Olivia Rodrigo would be my first prediction. She has a gap from May 25th to June 11th.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/events/r49fhn

They gave out tickets in the radio 1 Jan slam competition the other week so definitely not cancelled

6 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Didn’t see that today, just the top of the ribbon tower, the polar bear, Pangea, pyramid skeleton, distant stone circle, the aeroplane and an assortment of rusty cars. 
and best of all, Michael driving past us in his land rover leading a white van from the red gate into the site.

7 hours ago, shivroy said:

It says its originally from the Daily Star although must be only printed info as their website shows nothing

So guys. What would you prefer?

1) We get a poster drop towards the end of Feb… with some acts on it that will eventually drop out due to the current situation.

2) the festival gives us a poster (April ish) after collecting balances but the lineup they announce is more accurate.

Hate to be a dabbie downer but not all acts they announce on a poster in the next few weeks will make it to the festival. 

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

So guys. What would you prefer?

1) We get a poster drop towards the end of Feb… with some acts on it that will eventually drop out due to the current situation.

2) the festival gives us a poster (April ish) after collecting balances but the lineup they announce is more accurate.

Hate to be a dabbie downer but not all acts they announce on a poster in the next few weeks will make it to the festival. 

I commented on someone asking similiar in a differnet thread.

To hold the poster back a few weeks just incase an act or two drops out because of covid/EU restrictions (over something we have no control over) seems silly to me, when there is just the more possibility of acts cancelling within days of the festival from catching Covid while on tour. I think holding the poster back, to possibly after the resale date is insane when no other festival is doing that. Glastonbury is sold out, they have no need to hold back the poster. 

Even in a normal year, things tend to hot up in Feb. With the balance deadline day a month early, there must surely be a poster 'soon'.

1 February 2008: Jay Z
1 February 2009: Balance deadline
1 February 2010: Jack Johnson
1 February 2016: Jeff Lynne's ELO
4 February 2005: Michael Eavis announces Kylie, White Stripes & New Order in Wells Journal
8 February 2008: The Verve and Kings of Leon
9 February 2009: Franz Ferdinand
11 February 2011: Beyonce
12 February 2010: Muse & Stevie Wonder
13 February 2020: Lana Del Rey
15 February 2011: Coldplay 
16 February 2016: Coldplay
17 February 2007: The Killers
18 February 2003: Licence appeal successful
18 February 2015: Foo Fighters
18 February 2016: PJ Harvey
22 February 2002: Tickets on sale - Sold out after 25 days