Jump to content

LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!


jparx

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, balti-pie said:

bit worried by the lack of info from Earache regarding the return of the Scum stage - i bloody loved it in there and before that the tube carriage, and think an area dedicated to heavier things is important in terms of diversification of musical choices (particularly after headliners, where its all dance music with barely a nod to anything else)

I'll be really disappointed if it isn't there. It's my first time and was looking forward to that!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lineup is fantastic considering how many bands aren't touring at the moment.  

Crowded House, Rufus, Scream, Khruangbin, Sleafords, Supergrass, Bonobo, Plant & Krauss, Macca, Avalanches, Orbital, Billy Nomates, Herbie, Diana, Pet Shop Boys, Noel G (if he brings the Oasis tunes), Seun Kuti, Snarky Puppy, Nubya Garcia, Nightmares on Wax, Terry Reid, Amyl & the Sniffers, Courtney Barnett, Little Simz, Squid, Elbow, Sigrid, Tom Robinson Band, The Damned, Gong, Marshall Jefferson.....and a few more to be added.

30 odd acts. Would watch all of them. Our group getting excited now. Transport etc getting booked, looking at places to stop and pick up booze etc. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

bit worried by the lack of info from Earache regarding the return of the Scum stage - i bloody loved it in there and before that the tube carriage, and think an area dedicated to heavier things is important in terms of diversification of musical choices (particularly after headliners, where its all dance music with barely a nod to anything else)

 

9 minutes ago, Lushroom said:

I'll be really disappointed if it isn't there. It's my first time and was looking forward to that!

I think it will be there. They've not confirmed but Earache Records were liking and (if I remember correctly) retweeting Shangri-La stuff on the day of their announcement.

Could just be acts playing though.

Edited by Gnomicide
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think there is a slight lull right now whilst we are all waiting for the full line up with times. The West holts announcement will only temper this for a short while. Once build pics start arriving on the website in June anticipation will hit the roof. Hopefully some more cheer on this site as well might help, the last two days has been a tad disappointing to read. I do understand peoples gripes though.

Edited by ghandi
Spelling
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's interesting, as for me the last couple of years have been a real test of getting excited for things. There have been so many things I've looked forward to so much that have been cancelled, postponed, etc etc. So now I feel like I subconsciously try not to get too excited for things as I have this fear that well until you're there it might not happen. Very symptomatic of the past couple of years but wonder if it's just me or plays a role for others too.

I need this full lineup though because there are so many I want to see I need to find out what clashes I need to wrestle with 😢

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was going to let it all go, just walk away and leave Neil with his rapidly crumbling empire, but there is something I feel the need to say first.

Neil,

You would do well to remember that you would not be going anywhere this summer without “idiots” like me and “c**ts” like ddiamond. For those who aren’t aware a number of us long term posters clubbed together to provide Neil with the means he needs to attend the festival this year. He has never thanked us.

Neil regards, in his own words, the contributors to this site as “customers”. He doesn’t give a toss about any of us other than a means to drive revenue and subscriptions, and that’s fine. Personally I would suggest that those of us, the very people he has alienated with his shite recently, have been the ones who have kept this site going through the dark times recently and produce the atmosphere that entices new people in.

However when we all put our hands in our pockets to help Neil when he needed it that was not a financial transaction, it was an act of friendship. An act he has thrown back into the faces of those who contributed, and that is what hurts (Neil you may want to question why two “trolls” would personally contribute to your personal well-being).

Neil, you are fucking ungrateful.

But anyway, and sorry for going on but I’ve never flounced before, we’re well beyond apologies now and I don’t believe one would ever come anyway. It’s a real shame because I almost enjoy the build up to the festival on here as much as the actual festival itself. Sadly my excitement for all things Glastonbury has died a little over the last 24 hours.

Not that it really matters anymore but Neil has been lying too. I have never posted under any name other than Hugh Jass, nor have I held “alt accounts”. My first account was deleted accidentally by Neil, and if proof is required please check the first reply to the thread below where Neil corroborated this. Rather than just be a man and admitted he was wrong he has lied and doubled down.


To you Neil I genuinely and sincerely hope you get the help you need. You clearly do not enjoy doing this so I hope you find something that makes you happy.

To the rest of you, take care. Have a fantastic festival and who knows? I might even see you at the meet (got a feeling it’s going to be a fun one this year)

So long. And. Thank for all the fish.

HJ (third best eFester of all time)

x

PS I know this is going to be taken down almost immediately, which is why I’m taking the liberty of posting it on a few other threads….

  • Like 7
  • Upvote 12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Riggins said:

 There have been so many things I've looked forward to so much that have been cancelled, postponed, etc etc. So now I feel like I subconsciously try not to get too excited for things as I have this fear that well until you're there it might not happen. Very symptomatic of the past couple of years but wonder if it's just me or plays a role for others too.

 

Oh god this, 100%, definitely.

Though that might just be the pessimistic football fan in me awaiting disaster just as everything looks rosy 😆

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Riggins said:

It's interesting, as for me the last couple of years have been a real test of getting excited for things. There have been so many things I've looked forward to so much that have been cancelled, postponed, etc etc. So now I feel like I subconsciously try not to get too excited for things as I have this fear that well until you're there it might not happen. Very symptomatic of the past couple of years but wonder if it's just me or plays a role for others too.

Defo. I was at End of the Road last year which scratched that itch so I remember now!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Hugh Jass 3 said:

I was going to let it all go, just walk away and leave Neil with his rapidly crumbling empire, but there is something I feel the need to say first.

Neil,

You would do well to remember that you would not be going anywhere this summer without “idiots” like me and “c**ts” like ddiamond. For those who aren’t aware a number of us long term posters clubbed together to provide Neil with the means he needs to attend the festival this year. He has never thanked us.

Neil regards, in his own words, the contributors to this site as “customers”. He doesn’t give a toss about any of us other than a means to drive revenue and subscriptions, and that’s fine. Personally I would suggest that those of us, the very people he has alienated with his shite recently, have been the ones who have kept this site going through the dark times recently and produce the atmosphere that entices new people in.

However when we all put our hands in our pockets to help Neil when he needed it that was not a financial transaction, it was an act of friendship. An act he has thrown back into the faces of those who contributed, and that is what hurts (Neil you may want to question why two “trolls” would personally contribute to your personal well-being).

Neil, you are fucking ungrateful.

But anyway, and sorry for going on but I’ve never flounced before, we’re well beyond apologies now and I don’t believe one would ever come anyway. It’s a real shame because I almost enjoy the build up to the festival on here as much as the actual festival itself. Sadly my excitement for all things Glastonbury has died a little over the last 24 hours.

Not that it really matters anymore but Neil has been lying too. I have never posted under any name other than Hugh Jass, nor have I held “alt accounts”. My first account was deleted accidentally by Neil, and if proof is required please check the first reply to the thread below where Neil corroborated this. Rather than just be a man and admitted he was wrong he has lied and doubled down.


To you Neil I genuinely and sincerely hope you get the help you need. You clearly do not enjoy doing this so I hope you find something that makes you happy.

To the rest of you, take care. Have a fantastic festival and who knows? I might even see you at the meet (got a feeling it’s going to be a fun one this year)

So long. And. Thank for all the fish.

HJ (third best eFester of all time)

x

PS I know this is going to be taken down almost immediately, which is why I’m taking the liberty of posting it on a few other threads….

Well said. Sad to see what has happened to this site, a site I once found a lot of solace on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

*quickly tries to think of something to do with announcements before this decends into another argument*

So... maybe we'll get another evening announcement like Arcadia and T&C.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had an amazing time at Great Escape last week, it got me very excited for Glastonbury! Quite a few of the bands I saw had a 'perfect for Williams Green' vibe so I'm really looking forward to that coming out and hopefully a few of them are on there. Have they had their own announcement before or do we have to wait for the full line-up?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

*quickly tries to think of something to do with announcements before this decends into another argument*

So... maybe we'll get another evening announcement like Arcadia and T&C.

Can I give you a hug 😊

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Gingerfish79 said:

I had an amazing time at Great Escape last week, it got me very excited for Glastonbury! Quite a few of the bands I saw had a 'perfect for Williams Green' vibe so I'm really looking forward to that coming out and hopefully a few of them are on there. Have they had their own announcement before or do we have to wait for the full line-up?

Ditto! The Great Escape was fabulous. Glad I saw Katy J Pearson, but if the likes of Muna, Dea Matrona, Panic Shack, Peaness, Me Rex, Kills Birds and Grace Cummings end up on the bill I'll be delighted

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Neville Street said:

Announcement related question: I saw somebody said Tom Robinson Band are playing, but I can’t see them on the poster anywhere. Do we know where they are playing?

Avalon

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

*quickly tries to think of something to do with announcements before this decends into another argument*

So... maybe we'll get another evening announcement like Arcadia and T&C.

Ummm….Anyone see Basil Brush got announced yesterday, great news!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Hotchilidog said:

Ditto! The Great Escape was fabulous. Glad I saw Katy J Pearson, but if the likes of Muna, Dea Matrona, Panic Shack, Peaness, Me Rex, Kills Birds and Grace Cummings end up on the bill I'll be delighted

I also loved Panic Shack, Peaness and Kills Birds! Really loved Enola Gay, Kid Kapichi and Crawlers. I was massively impressed with a lot of the localish bands on the Alt Escape, they wont be anywhere near the Glastonbury bill just yet, but I will be keenly following the likes of Snayx, Monakis, Arxx and Libralibra. Fantastic local music scene down there!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...