LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

26 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

I was thinking this myself.

Another couple of announcements this week.

A couple next week and then full lineup on Weds 1st June before the bumper bank holiday weekend...

Yes, the full lineup coinciding with the start of ticket dispatch, hope old Lizzies bank hol doesn’t delay the tickets. 

My birthday is June 4th smack bang in the middle of jubilee weekend and il be at a festival so it would make my weekend if they announced it then, although not sure il be in any fit state to read it 😂 especially with how they format it 

Edited by Claire0406

19 minutes ago, incident said:

I kinda think that there may not be much to actually announce for Glastonbury-on-Sea, or at least not enough that justifies special attention.

Obviously last time out it was a new thing and so they wanted to promote it - this time it's "just" a returning part of the festival with no scheduled entertainment - so depending on how much of it is changed from 2019 it may make more sense just to update the area page on the website and put the details in the programme. In much the same way that the Green Crafts Field wouldn't get a poster.

(now watch someone dig out a poster from Green Crafts).

Sorry, I meant Cineramageddon, not GoS. 

Just keeping us on our toes they knew we were getting too used to 10 am so went a little later yesterday and today they'll be completely different again. Remember there is no pattern. 

I hope so @gigpusher. I'd genuinely love the full lineup next week but if we don't get news today I will start to be a tad concerned. The week after just feels more likely.

Hell, if it wasn't for Cineramageddon I'd be completely sold on the 1st of June. 

2 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

I hope so @gigpusher. I'd genuinely love the full lineup next week but if we don't get news today I will start to be a tad concerned. The week after just feels more likely.

Hell, if it wasn't for Cineramageddon I'd be completely sold on the 1st of June. 

Did feel like we needed something today to be on track for Tuesday. 

1 minute ago, zeppelin said:

At the very latest I have to imagine we'll get it before the bank holiday so either way not too long to go. 

I was really hoping for the full drop on the 24th to try and inspire some hype among my group. On top of some other personal difficulties in the last few weeks, the lack of excitement among my group is really impacting my own feelings about it in the run-up.

🤞 Really hope there are some tasty morsels this week to help stoke the hype-fire.

4 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

I was really hoping for the full drop on the 24th to try and inspire some hype among my group. On top of some other personal difficulties in the last few weeks, the lack of excitement among my group is really impacting my own feelings about it in the run-up.

🤞 Really hope there are some tasty morsels this week to help stoke the hype-fire.

It's funny, the hype level for people I know that are going is a bit middling as well. Not quite sure why but I thought we'd all be absolutely chomping at the bit right now. Maybe just the current state of the world is making is hard to get really stoked for stuff, but yeah I'm hoping the full drop rekindles the fire. 

6 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

There is a lack of excitement in my group too. Mainly due to the line up I think. But It's also 3 years since we last went. People have other priorites now. A child, new job etc. 

Im worried if Ill hack it tbh!

I'd hardly say that my group are enthused with the lineup, but are excited about not feeling as tied to the schedule as normal. A lot more time in the Green Fields and smaller stages are being looked forward to with much excitement.

3 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I'm very excited about the line up! It's brilliant. 

I'm more excited about the lineup than the festival, if that makes sense? I love the festival, it's a magic place, but maybe the time away has made me forget a bit of that magic? There's also a few headaches are getting in/out this year as well for me which isn't helping, but yeah the lineup is what I'm most excited for!

I think this years line up is perfect.  Loads of acts I would like to see and very few that are essential to see.  Should be great music all weekend without to many depressing clashes causing a weekend of FOMO.  

7 minutes ago, jparx said:

I'm more excited about the lineup than the festival, if that makes sense? I love the festival, it's a magic place, but maybe the time away has made me forget a bit of that magic? There's also a few headaches are getting in/out this year as well for me which isn't helping, but yeah the lineup is what I'm most excited for!

Its the opposite for me. Not really fussed about line up but excited to be at the festival itself

bit worried by the lack of info from Earache regarding the return of the Scum stage - i bloody loved it in there and before that the tube carriage, and think an area dedicated to heavier things is important in terms of diversification of musical choices (particularly after headliners, where its all dance music with barely a nod to anything else)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1