LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

Just now, Junglist1981 said:

What’s the biggest full line up surprise to date? I know there’s been a couple but I can’t remember. 

Tame Impala? Burt Bacharach? Carrie Underwood? Metallica? (For some).

If Macca hadn't been known for years he would have been a jawdropper (and probably was in 2020 for people not posting on this site everyday!)

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Essentially- it hinges on whether Aerosmith's replacement is already hiding in plain sight on Poster #1 or there's still something juicy to come.

I genuinely believe Aerosmith's 'replacement' to be Paolo. 

Just now, chazwwe said:

I genuinely believe Aerosmith's 'replacement' to be Paolo. 

I mean....it's not bad, but not quite as fun a booking. Particularly when noone really knows if he's still got much of a fan base any more or the field is gonna look like an Emili Sande.

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I mean....it's not bad, but not quite as fun a booking. Particularly when noone really knows if he's still got much of a fan base any more or the field is gonna look like an Emili Sande.

While yes, its very hard to suddenly find a fill a stadium /headline any festival in the world act, that will play Glastonbury on the cheap, in a year where everyone's touring schedules are full. 

I think if there was a genuine act of that size, someone would of noticed a tour where the dates give enough gap for a Glastonbury performance. 

Unless its an act not touring at all.

3 hours ago, mazola said:

Was a surprise when she photoshopped it to make her look like a headliner

That was hilarious and further compounded by how awful the performance actually was. Sorry Jan Fans.

5 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Fair to say we absolutely need another announcement...

Maybe not quite an announcement, but Shangri La have started their build today, which is at least positive!

image.thumb.png.09671e459a84b0c16ee2d01ccf330b07.png

The National were a big surprise on the main poster a few years ago, well to this chat anyway from memory no one had predicted it. Although I still get a bit sad thinking about that performance, don’t play so many new ones at a short festival set

5 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I think The Sun scooped that a few months in advance.

Mikey Cyrus was also on the 2019 poster and was an out of the blue, sizeable booking. Same for Katy Perry in 2017. Not sure either of them featured in anyone's predictions pre-festival