LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

Just now, Acid_Haze said:

Can assume it's saturday or sunday. I'd guess it's sunday, with Charli XCX headlining Saturday.

thjatll be annoying . as its the stage local to my camsite i want headliners i'll like, i'm sorted friday with primal.

Just now, FloorFiller said:

If it’s Sunday that’ll be absolutely rammed like The Streets last time. 

Ah yeah that was mad. We ended up hot stepping over to Avalon to watch Reef having taken in some Janelle Monae on the way through.

8 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

If it’s Sunday that’ll be absolutely rammed like The Streets last time. 

Yeah we couldn't get anywhere near the tent for that.

Ended up walking back to watch CATQ.

12 minutes ago, Bovla said:

He has a few to promote the new music, including one tonight if I'm not mistaken.

But no full on tour announcement yet as far as I can see

Ah fair enough, I do remember seeing them now you mention it. He’d work pretty well on any night and he’s a step up from Editors as the other JP headliner. The full lineup is going to have so many clashes this year.

3 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Ah fair enough, I do remember seeing them now you mention it. He’d work pretty well on any night and he’s a step up from Editors as the other JP headliner. The full lineup is going to have so many clashes this year.

Yeah, if it wasn't for me already having all three days headliners sorted, I'd probably be there - his last run out at glasto on the other was pretty good from memory

1 minute ago, Bovla said:

Yeah, if it wasn't for me already having all three days headliners sorted, I'd probably be there - his last run out at glasto on the other was pretty good from memory

Yeah it was ace, 2015 before Chems. 

1 hour ago, JSmurphy said:

I felt Fonatines were a possible JP headliner so my chances of catching them has slightly increased if that Jamie T info is accurate!

What Jamie T info ?

Just now, JSmurphy said:

Neil was told he's playing JP, though he's unsure if it's true or not.

Blimey, ok ta. That'll please one of our crew if true 

17 hours ago, kemosabe said:

Just before the mainstage headliners start. We saw Billy Bragg then walked over for Tame Impala last time. 

Great, thats a game changer, two headliners in one night, Billy bonus .

One things for sure, as usual there will never be a time all weekend when you might have nothing you want to see. Clashes will be absolutely everywhere. There’s going to be a lot of serious negotiations going on with Mrs c over the next few weeks! 

16 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Fontaine's as Park Saturday. Charli on John peel, Saturday Jamie t on jp Sunday. Makes a lot of sense. I think you would need another guitar band on the Sunday otherwise Jamie will be packed.

I think Caribou is nailed on for that Park Saturday slot 

49 minutes ago, ghandi said:

Great, thats a game changer, two headliners in one night, Billy bonus .

I suspect it may be one of the few times I don't see Billy, I think it might have to be Paul Heaton this time instead.

4 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

I think Caribou is nailed on for that Park Saturday slot 

Seen this a few times - is there any actual info or is it just efests collective wisdom? I really hope not.

Oh I really hope Charli is on Sunday. There's only 5 acts I definitely want to catch over the weekend; Billie, Macca, Confidence Man, Kurupt FM and Charli.

For some strange reason, I still don't feel excited for the festival and that's just felt like a kick in the nuts if Charli is on Saturday