LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

1 minute ago, Cream Soda said:

There's always the possibility of more than one in a day?

I'm not sure that would be fair game in the whole "give each area it's time in the sunshine" way that things have been done since the Area announcements started.

The Cineramageddon info definitely added weight to the 24th but it could be that they have their announcement on that day. Either way, if we know what they're showing by then, it will be a lot earlier than their previous 2 announcement days, both 12th June.

Edited by Gnomicide

4 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

I'm having doubts about the biggy coming on the 24th.

It effectively means an announcement today + one a day next week (on assumption they don't do an area announcement on Mon 23rd)

Call me pessimistic but I'm not sure I see that happening?

If we were to take what Emily said at facevalue in March (or whenever it was?) then we're looking at June anyhow which allows for 1 announcement today, 3 announcements next week, 2 the week after then perhaps the full drop on June 1st prior to the Jubilee bank holiday?

I wondered if there was a chance they leave Park and West Holts out of the smaller announcements and just drop them with the full line up. 

Just now, mcshed said:

Just because a stage or area had an announcement of its own in a previous year doesn't mean it has to have one this year so we might just get a few less announcements.

Possibly.

I've just got the impression that the festival & us as punters have really got on board with area announcements now so unlikely to see areas chopped off?

Probably just my opinion.

1 minute ago, Gnomicide said:

The Cineramageddon info definitely added weight to the 24th but it could be that they have their announcement on that day. Either way, if we know what they're showing by then, it will be a lot earlier than their previous 2 announcement days, both 12th June.

What’s was the cinema info?

Just now, ryyder said:

I have been told Croissant Neuf is going to be announced today, though I don't know if I really trust my friend and their sources yet. This will be the test I suppose

If it's entirely different to the one that we saw last week that would be fun!! I'm on a zoom video call at 10 so will be trying to look like I am not looking at my phone. 

2 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

If it's entirely different to the one that we saw last week that would be fun!! I'm on a zoom video call at 10 so will be trying to look like I am not looking at my phone. 

Same. I may have "connection issues".

13 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

They were taking bookings from the 25th. No-one is booking a film if they don't know what it is so we must know their bill by then.

More importantly, surely nobody is booking a film if they don't know what they're going to be missing elsewhere? 

26 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I wondered if there was a chance they leave Park and West Holts out of the smaller announcements and just drop them with the full line up. 

Nah, West Holts poster is dropping Tuesday.

18 minutes ago, stuie said:

Nah, West Holts poster is dropping Tuesday.

Is that just a hope, a dream or do you know something more concrete. 

18 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Very good point.

Yep the nobody booking a film that might clash with an act is why I believe Neil's info is good. My zoom call at 10 went ok once I got to 10:01 and realised nothing was happening.