LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

1 minute ago, Leyrulion said:

Had the misfortune of seeing him DJ before. He was definitely doing it live, you could tell because he crashed almost every track into each other. 

Shocked they've booked him, this was 3 years ago though. Maybe he's improved.

I watched a few of his lockdown sets and didn’t think he was too bad. I won’t be going to see him either way this year 

1 minute ago, balti-pie said:

have they doubled the amount of dosh the Glade has to put on acts? that seems ridiculously stacked, even to a bloke who isnt really all that about dancy stuff! 

I think maybe the new stage will have more capacity. I'm looking forward to seeing some stuff in the Old Glade this year but am worried about the noise bleed from the new Glade to Leftfield.

Just now, Gnomicide said:

I think maybe the new stage will have more capacity. I'm looking forward to seeing some stuff in the Old Glade this year but am worried about the noise bleed from the new Glade to Leftfield.

Might be misremembering but wasn't the main culprit of soundbleed in that area the Love Bullets tent, which basically had one large open frontage? The new Glade Dome will hopefully curtail the noise problem - especially if it's further away from Left Field.

1 minute ago, rubick said:

Might be misremembering but wasn't the main culprit of soundbleed in that area the Love Bullets tent, which basically had one large open frontage? The new Glade Dome will hopefully curtail the noise problem - especially if it's further away from Left Field.

I hope so but think there was still some in 2019 what Love Bullets had already gone. 

To be honest, it's a problem all festivals suffer from, some more than others. The Park has it from Stonebridge, Acoustic from The Pyramid. It's mostly ok but can be annoying if there is a quieter act on.

5 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I hope so but think there was still some in 2019 what Love Bullets had already gone. 

To be honest, it's a problem all festivals suffer from, some more than others. The Park has it from Stonebridge, Acoustic from The Pyramid. It's mostly ok but can be annoying if there is a quieter act on.

That's very true - Electric Picnic in Ireland suffers terribly from this, usually from awful 'sponsored' stages with horrible names like the Wafflebollock E-Cig Hamburger Vibe. Hopefully this addressed this year as one of the larger tents has been decamped away from this type of thing into one of the wooded areas.

42 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Had the misfortune of seeing him DJ before. He was definitely doing it live, you could tell because he crashed almost every track into each other. 

Shocked they've booked him, this was 3 years ago though. Maybe he's improved.

Glastonbury always books these kinds of gimmicky ‘celebs try their hand at DJing’ type acts and they probably draw a crowd mostly of people not actually that bothered about good DJing or that interested in what kind of music they play and rather just to see the celeb, so it’s not too surprising to see him added.

14 hours ago, KPSandwiches said:

Does anyone else get Stonebridge hyped? Was there for Greg Wilson nine years ago and been chasing the high ever since. Set slapped:

I love Stonebridge, always have fun up there even if it does get crazy busy. Hoping to catch Greg Wilson's set if it's not too rammed. 

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

Art Garfunkel was getting visibly irritated by it!

4 hours ago, Boomtowner said:

The Thursday of 2019 was phenomenal. We stayed for for about 7 hours, the longest time I've ever been stationary at Glastonbury. It was a lovely shaded spot, started with Broken Bones Matilda, who I love and culminated with an awesome Frank set. In the time in between, there was Tensheds, Ferris and Sylvester and Johnny, all of whom Mrs Boomtowner enjoys. Couldn't believe it when the line up was released 

I think I only made it up there on the Thursday night in 2019.  I remember ruing post-festival that I hadn't made it up there more.  

5 hours ago, Nuthugger said:

the hill sorts the wheat from the chaff

Especially in 2016!  Though I think the heat in 2019 might be a reason I didn't get up there more that year.

• Upvote 1

Honestly this line up may just be the best festival line up in history. 

It's absolutely insane and we've still got a bunch of areas to be revealed and a host of names to fill the gaps on the top stages. 

Combine that with 3 years of pent up festival frustration, a load of sun and cider and you've got yourself the recipe for the biggest party on the planet. 

Dust off your dancing pants team. 

I. Can. Not. FUCKING. WAIT!!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rubick said:

That's very true - Electric Picnic in Ireland suffers terribly from this, usually from awful 'sponsored' stages with horrible names like the Wafflebollock E-Cig Hamburger Vibe. Hopefully this addressed this year as one of the larger tents has been decamped away from this type of thing into one of the wooded areas.

😁How dare you that's my favourite stage!

21 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Honestly this line up may just be the best festival line up in history. 

It's absolutely insane and we've still got a bunch of areas to be revealed and a host of names to fill the gaps on the top stages. 

Combine that with 3 years of pent up festival frustration, a load of sun and cider and you've got yourself the recipe for the biggest party on the planet. 

Dust off your dancing pants team. 

I. Can. Not. FUCKING. WAIT!!!!

I was pondering over how strong the line up is so far and I think it's largely due to how accepted DJs have become. Took a long time, but we're there. We're more or less a nation of ravers now.

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

More an observation than a complaint, but it's not overly chocka with heritage acts. Macca, Rozza and Crowded House aside it's slim pickings.

But then we haven't got the full line ups from the stages they're more likely to feature on surely? 

10 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

More an observation than a complaint, but it's not overly chocka with heritage acts. Macca, Rozza and Crowded House aside it's slim pickings.

I'm sure the Acoustic tent will bring a few more. Hasn't Suzanne Vega self confirmed Also what's classed as a heritage act these days? Bands like Supergrass, Skunk Anansie etc are arguably heading the way of being heritage acts. 

Herbie Hancock as well. 

16 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The main stages aren't doing an awful lot for me so far, by product of seeing so much over the years I guess. The DJs and nightlife area are looking very stacked though.

12 minutes ago, clarkete said:

But then we haven't got the full line ups from the stages they're more likely to feature on surely? 

Hoping for some pleasant surprises but I reckon most would be bigger names and likely have been on the first poster

2 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I'm sure the Acoustic tent will bring a few more. Hasn't Suzanne Vega self confirmed Also what's classed as a heritage act these days? Bands like Supergrass, Skunk Anansie etc are arguably heading the way of being heritage acts. 

Herbie Hancock as well. 

Robert Plant as well to be fair, although he's likely to be emphasising new stuff.

Essentially I want a Burt Bacharach / Leonard Cohen / Crosby Stills & Nash / Art Garfunkel / BB King / Kris Kristofferson etc equivalent.