LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

25 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Were there any special guests introducing the first film of 2019? Was Johnny Depps appearance for the opening in 2017 a one off celeb appearance. Obviously he is a little busy at the moment so I know he won’t be there. 

We have had Tilda Swinton as well i think though that might have been Pilton Palais.

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

Looks like Poetry & Words are drip feeding their line-up out through a blog.

I've never been in there (well, that I remember anyway) - I'm guessing they have people like Atilla the Stockbroker in there rather than whatever you call "traditional" poetry?

2 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

I've never been in there (well, that I remember anyway) - I'm guessing they have people like Atilla the Stockbroker in there rather than whatever you call "traditional" poetry?

Atilla the Stockbroker is indeed a regular although I'm guessing Pam Ayers and Tony Walsh will be there as well this year. 

11 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Atilla the Stockbroker is indeed a regular although I'm guessing Pam Ayers and Tony Walsh will be there as well this year. 

I will have to research Tony Walsh as I don't know him.  It's certainly an option if I fancy a break from the hubbub.  I really enjoyed Atilla when I saw him at Farmer Phil's.

Just now, Beerqueen said:

I will have to research Tony Walsh as I don't know him.  It's certainly an option if I fancy a break from the hubbub.  I really enjoyed Atilla when I saw him at Farmer Phil's.

I bet you probably will. He's the poet that did a reading in the centre of Manchester after the arena bombing so was all over the news at the time. Here's the poem that will mean the most to us Glastonbury obsessives!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I bet you probably will. He's the poet that did a reading in the centre of Manchester after the arena bombing so was all over the news at the time. Here's the poem that will mean the most to us Glastonbury obsessives!

Wow!  That brought a tear to my eye and shivers down my back.  I'd be a complete mess if I was in a tent at Glastonbury itself hearing that!

1 minute ago, Beerqueen said:

Wow!  That brought a tear to my eye and shivers down my back.  I'd be a complete mess if I was in a tent at Glastonbury itself hearing that!

Just now, gigpusher said:

BTW @Beerqueen I was almost in tears listening to that again. I'm going to be an emotional wreck this year. I bloody love Glastonbury!!

LOL we're a right pair. I've met him a few times. He's a really nice guy and he can get to the emotion of anything. 

2 hours ago, JoeyT said:

Today - Glade
Tomorrow - The Common

Mon 9th - Kidzfield
Tues - Croissant Neuf
Weds - Acoustic
Thurs - West Holts
Fri - Stonebridge Bar

Mon 16th - Unfairground
Tues - Block 9
Weds - The Park
Thurs - Pilton Palais
Fri - Williams Green

Tues 24th May @ 12pm - Full lineup with times.

This has got me moist. Hope you're right. 

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

Looks like Poetry & Words are drip feeding their line-up out through a blog.

I didn't make the cut, but am massively lacking in experience compared to everyone revealed so far. I'll do the open mic slot. 

6 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

LOL we're a right pair. I've met him a few times. He's a really nice guy and he can get to the emotion of anything. 

I think I may need to up the amount of tissues I bring with me!  I may be blubbing a lot!

6 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

This has got me moist. Hope you're right. 

I didn't make the cut, but am massively lacking in experience compared to everyone revealed so far. I'll do the open mic slot. 

Might be the worst word in the English language. Either that or "lush"!

4 minutes ago, Neil said:

also see "cheers drive".

You see I don't mind that, as long as its used when leaving a bus (assuming First have actually turned up for once..) its a nice thing to say to the driver. 

Proper Job/Gurt Lush/Arite me Babber can get in the bin thou.