LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

14 hours ago, Neil said:

i just realised we won't get the full line-up before next week, cos it won't be finalised until after the emerging talent competition (which takes place on saturday)

This is usually full line up including stage times isn't it? Is there any indication (other than smaller stage announcements) to expect it's coming almost a month earlier than previously? 

Great if it does! 

Edited by Heather90
spelling - more coffee needed!

2 minutes ago, Heather90 said:

This is usually full line up incuding stage times isn't it? Is there any indication (other than smaller stage announcements) to excpect it's coming almost a month earlier than previously? 

Great if it does! 

Only based on the message somebody got from the common, which was clearly just about the commons lineup, but was misinterpreted by some to mean the full Glastonbury lineup.

4 minutes ago, Heather90 said:

This is usually full line up incuding stage times isn't it? Is there any indication (other than smaller stage announcements) to excpect it's coming almost a month earlier than previously? 

Great if it does! 

i meant full line-up with times, i'm guessing on when its coming, but its normally complete by the time of the bands final, with a few vacant slots to fit in the finals winners (if stage suitable), plus a bit of blagging acts from other stages (if its possible) still to happen.  i think the area line-ups will otherwise be ready to go, with the managers desperate to announce as its been a few years.

On 4/21/2022 at 9:40 AM, blutarsky said:

This is fun.

Silver Hayes - April 22 
Acoustic - April 26 
Theatre & Circus - April 28 
New Map - April 29 
Kidzfield - May 3 
The Common - May 6 
Shangri-La - May 10 
The Glade - May 12
Croissant Neuf - May 17 
Unfairground - May 19
Block 9 - May 23
West Holts - May 25 
Arcadia - May 27 
Pilton Palais - May 27
Leftfield - May 30
The Park - June 1
Full line up - June 6

Current state of play on my predictions: 

Silver Hayes - April 22 ✔️
Glasto Latino (didn't include on original list - arrived April 25)
Acoustic - April 26 (not arrived yet)
Theatre & Circus - April 28 (Arrived April 26 - out by 2 days)
New Map - April 29 
Kidzfield - May 3 
The Common - May 6 
Shangri-La - May 10 
The Glade - May 12
Croissant Neuf - May 17 
Unfairground - May 19
Block 9 - May 23
West Holts - May 25 
Arcadia - May 27 (unofficially arrived April 26, officially April 27 - out by 30 days)
Pilton Palais - May 27
Leftfield - May 30
The Park - June 1
Full line up - June 6

So the map is today... although info further up suggests it won't be for at least a week or two because of the campsite wrangling. 

1 hour ago, blutarsky said:

Current state of play on my predictions: 

Silver Hayes - April 22 ✔️
Glasto Latino (didn't include on original list - arrived April 25)
Acoustic - April 26 (not arrived yet)
Theatre & Circus - April 28 (Arrived April 26 - out by 2 days)
New Map - April 29 
Kidzfield - May 3 
The Common - May 6 
Shangri-La - May 10 
The Glade - May 12
Croissant Neuf - May 17 
Unfairground - May 19
Block 9 - May 23
West Holts - May 25 
Arcadia - May 27 (unofficially arrived April 26, officially April 27 - out by 30 days)
Pilton Palais - May 27
Leftfield - May 30
The Park - June 1
Full line up - June 6

So the map is today... although info further up suggests it won't be for at least a week or two because of the campsite wrangling. 

So basically you fluked one and have been consistently wrong on all the others 😉

What's this about campsite wrangling?

4 minutes ago, kalifire said:

So basically you fluked one and have been consistently wrong on all the others 😉

In the map thread someone saying some volunteer groups have a meeting with the farm next week because they're not happy with proposed allocated staff campsites. (E.g. 45 min walk to shift when you're just wanting to raise money for your caravan club) So there won't be a map before those meetings have concluded.

8 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Well, I was close on T&C too, but essentially yes 😁

Someone, I think it was Neil, said the map isn't finalised as some GFEL crew camping has been moved out of the fence and there's been a stewards' rebellion over it. They have a meeting next week to finalise, so the map is unlikely to come before then. 

On 4/27/2022 at 10:55 AM, Divein said:

Go on lad.

His enthusiasm gave me big @Matt42 vibes 

That is Paolo, who asked about potentially getting press accreditation here:

(I found him on another festival forum where he's a more regular poster, and he applied)

10 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Are we getting a bank holiday treat today, or will we be getting into the Tuesday / Friday pattern predicted by a few, starting tomorrow? 

The Common is coming Thursday isn't it...

I wonder if that's all we will get this week due to being spoilt by 3 last week! 😂

If anything else comes this week, I'd bet the Kidzfield.

30 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Are we getting a bank holiday treat today, or will we be getting into the Tuesday / Friday pattern predicted by a few, starting tomorrow? 

Can’t see anything today but we did get 3 on the bounce last week so who the hell knows at this point!