LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

15 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Most people on here will pour through the lineup in ridiculous detail when it finally drops, but the vast majority won’t. There will be plenty of first timers or casual punters who may not even be aware Glasto Latino exists for instance. It’s good to put alternative areas on people’s radars IMO.

For what its worth I was waiting for a mate to finish his shift in 2019 at 1.30am and wandered into glasto latino on my own for half an hour or so...was rather amusing getting involved in salsa dancing off my mash. 🙂 

So since the Last Fest in 2019, I have changed jobs, the old place knew about me and Glastonbury and how big it was, this new place I don’t think does, so I like the individual posters, I’m printing them off and putting them up on wall in office all coming off of the original line up drop, they are starting to realise the vastness of it all

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Chazeboy said:

So since the Last Fest in 2019, I have changed jobs, the old place knew about me and Glastonbury and how big it was, this new place I don’t think does, so I like the individual posters, I’m printing them off and putting them up on wall in office all coming off of the original line up drop, they are starting to realise the vastness of it all

don't get them too excited or they'll want to try for tickets next year 😉

38 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I know I'll get shot down for it (wasn't expecting the Arsenal comment though) but perhaps I'm the only one that will look at all the areas properly!

I’m going with 2 newbies so sharing these with them has helped show how much stuff there is outside the big 6

1 hour ago, zeppelin said:

Yeah, I find myself checking out a lot more stuff that I would have otherwise with the individual drops like this 🙂

This. If it all comes in one big drop I will skip over the ‘not obvious areas of interest’ which is a great shame. Realising who is on in the smaller/ outer areas is bloody great. Their  brief time in the sunlight. Keep it going like this. 

Edited by chuckles07
Grammar

Bit disappointed with the comedians on there. Will there be other areas where comics are on?

im very far to the left but nish and Adam hills make my skin crawl (not wanting to turn this into a politics debate.) was hoping for Tim Key or David O’Doherty type act.

Out of interest, are there usually live podcasts that happen and if so in what area?

1 hour ago, gooner1990 said:

OK, I'm going to say it....I'm finding all these posters getting dripped out one by one really annoying, I know this is the way its going to go from now on (And it was the case in 2019)  but I much prefer an initial poster drop with all the big names, a full poster drop with all of it then the stage times/splits after.

I couldn't disagree more. I love it. Having to wait until the end of May/early June would be really annoying. I have already discovered some acts I perhaps would never had time to listen to otherwise. It builds the anticipation as well. Come June I'll be busy doing a handover for work/tidying the house from top to bottom for the person coming to look after the dogs and packing for Glastonbury. With all that going on if the whole line up dropped then it would be much harder to get used to it. If you don't like seeing it don't click on the threads and leave it until May/June for the big surprise. 

3 minutes ago, One Tonne Baby said:

Bit disappointed with the comedians on there. Will there be other areas where comics are on?

im very far to the left but nish and Adam hills make my skin crawl (not wanting to turn this into a politics debate.) was hoping for Tim Key or David O’Doherty type act.

Out of interest, are there usually live podcasts that happen and if so in what area?

Nah the comedy’s an afterthought really. It’s usually the same people every year that fancied doing it for a few free tickets as far as I can tell.

To be fair though that's a tiny number of the comedians who perform, the list of names on the chalkboard outside the cabaret tent is always super long. Could be the highest number of individual performances on any stage day to day?

That said I've only been in there once in 19 years! Doc Brown happened to be starting as we were walking past, I was straight in there.

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

is that it for the week then ? 🙂 

I think we'll get Arcadia this week; I just don't see them having artwork like that out with the artists if it's not imminent.

(Granted I don't work in Marketing or know how this sort of thing works so could very easily be wrong)