LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

1 minute ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Lamb are amazing.  I would be all over that. 

For fans of trip hop with beautiful and ethereal female vocals. 

Gorecki is just beautiful. They closed the Body & Soul stage at Electric Picnic in Ireland a few years ago. Absolutley stunning, making a point of seeing them again.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, incident said:

Quick countup - 25 names on this poster. 25 names on the 2019 poster. So hopefully no truth to the "no Avalon cafe" rumour.

Some of these names certainly seem bigger then some of the names they had in 2019. Could the area be being made bigger to accommodate?

I can't tell if they're actually booking bigger acts or if I'm just getting older and falling into the nostalgia acts now. 

Just now, DirtyLurker said:

Another +1 for Oh My God It's The Church!  Accidentally saw them at Bestival '16, ridiculous fun.

We all know that Busted caused havoc in Avalon can McFly do the same? 😅

The answer will be yes. Although I managed to get a decent spot inside the tent for Busted, who absolutely crushed it!, and wasn't aware until much later that they had to close the field. I suspect the same maybe true of the Sugababes.

Grace Petrie is great; if you enjoy left wing, protest music then check her out! 

I recognise Lamb so am going to have to get them on Spotify in a mo! 

Avalon is somewhere we religiously meet up as a group and with my parents on the Wednesday but I never manage to see much music there through the weekend. 

1 minute ago, zeppelin said:

Grace Petrie is great; if you enjoy left wing, protest music then check her out! 

I recognise Lamb so am going to have to get them on Spotify in a mo! 

Avalon is somewhere we religiously meet up as a group and with my parents on the Wednesday but I never manage to see much music there through the weekend. 

Grace Petrie is indeed great, saw her twice in 2019.

3 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Some of these names certainly seem bigger then some of the names they had in 2019. Could the area be being made bigger to accommodate?

I can't tell if they're actually booking bigger acts or if I'm just getting older and falling into the nostalgia acts now.

Honestly, I don't see it as much different overall - headliners seem to be about the usual level, then they always have some solid "could conceivably play at any time of the day" acts below them - the precise running order seems to matter less on Avalon than on the bigger stages.

24 minutes ago, incident said:

Quick countup - 25 names on this poster. 25 names on the 2019 poster. So hopefully no truth to the "no Avalon cafe" rumour.

Imelda May was on the 2020 poster but not 2022. First name that had disappeared but is making a reappearance.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

A nice announcement that.

Keen to see TRB. Power in the Darkness is a superb album, and I like Tom's radio shows a lot. Has anyone caught their recent shows and can confirm if they are still good?

Definitely still worth a watch

Saw him twice last year with two totally different sets

• Upvote 1

Definitely looks good and is a good reminder how big Glastonbury is. This would be a fairly good complete lineup for some festivals. Could imagine this being half the Beautiful Days lineup for instance. 

That said, probably only The Damned that will get me in the Avalon Field.