LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

37 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

As I’ve just said, there was a massive clampdown on cigarette promotion and advertising early 00’s. Things like the Marlboro Girls were the first to go.

I have an amazing lighter which was a mini pack of Marlboro Red which flipped up and had a cigarette you pushed down to light it, that was from a Marlboro girl somewhere in Liverpool uni between 99-02, I didn’t even smoke and I loved that lighter. I want to go and find it now as there is now way I threw it out.

6 minutes ago, Barneym said:

I have an amazing lighter which was a mini pack of Marlboro Red which flipped up and had a cigarette you pushed down to light it, that was from a Marlboro girl somewhere in Liverpool uni between 99-02, I didn’t even smoke and I loved that lighter. I want to go and find it now as there is now way I threw it out.

I had to explain to my parents as a teenager why ashtrays and lighters kept showing up at the house.

3 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I know they did away with 10 packs to try and discourage social smokers, even at the height on smoking was probably only on about 6-8 a day. Obviously more if I was out drinking.

Fuck that now, not paying 12-15 quid a pack!

Its about £10 for the cheap one (ie uni students). Menthols went about 3 years ago, that was the most recent loss - everyone is just hooked on disposable vapes now anyway, they need regulating so badly.

3 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

They used to have the Marlboro stand at Donington in the 80s and give them away to anyone who wanted them. I can't remember how many it was but we'd all queue up and give them to the smokers in the group. 

At Boardmasters last year they had a Vype/Vuse vape viewing tower where you had to prove you were a smoker/vaper to get a free vape. Obviously they had no proper way to prove this so a mate of mind decided to give it a try and said he was trying to pick-up a new hobby, almost got me rejected from getting my one! Would have been worth it though, great memory.

49 minutes ago, gfa said:

Its about £10 for the cheap one (ie uni students). Menthols went about 3 years ago, that was the most recent loss - everyone is just hooked on disposable vapes now anyway, they need regulating so badly.

You can't buy menthols anymore?? Mrs J will be devastated if she ever decided to start smoking...

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

You can't buy menthols anymore?? Mrs J will be devastated if she ever decided to start smoking...

Went off sale May 2020, bit more recently than I thought actually. I have a friend who has a pack for special occasions - they still allow the sale of menthol filters though so for people who roll its all good!

At Exit Festival they were selling huge baggies with filters, rizla, some gizmo that kept it the right humidity in the pouch, a frisbee and a storm lighter that they would engrave your name on for 1 Euro, they said they'd give it away if they were allowed.

There was also a bar on sight that did cocktails for E1.30, after visiting a few times they asked if we'd be around all weekend and that they couldn't make them cheaper but they could make them stronger. For 4 days I was drinking Mojitos and Black Russians that were pure alcohol and ice in 40 degree heat. 

One afternoon a load of them was followed by sharing a bottle of absinthe between 4 of us, then going into the festival proper where it gets a bit hazy but ended up in 2 very different pits for Hatebreed and Borgore I know that much. Feels like a few years ago but just realised it is a few months off a decade ago.

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Went off sale May 2020, bit more recently than I thought actually. I have a friend who has a pack for special occasions - they still allow the sale of menthol filters though so for people who roll its all good!

You can also buy straights with little menthol capsules embedded in the filter. Give them a squeeze and they come up smelling of mint. Well, minty smoke. They're delicious. I have a bad habit of buying packs of them on stag dos. When i had the kitty back in November I bought four packs at once so I could dish them out - I was getting a round in. 😬

1 hour ago, blutarsky said:

You can also buy straights with little menthol capsules embedded in the filter. Give them a squeeze and they come up smelling of mint. Well, minty smoke. They're delicious. I have a bad habit of buying packs of them on stag dos. When i had the kitty back in November I bought four packs at once so I could dish them out - I was getting a round in. 😬

What brand is this?

7 hours ago, gfa said:

You can buy the menthol clickballs too, buy a little device off of ebay and pop the balls into a normal cig. Works a treat 👌

33 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

11 weeks to go. I wonder if we'll see the first area announcement this week?

I'm fairly certain we'll get something next week, not so sure if anything is coming sooner than that.