Jump to content

LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!


jparx

Recommended Posts

I thought we wouldn’t get owt until Feb or so when the Omicron news had died down, but there seems to be a lot of positive news on that front much earlier than I expected so maybe we could get something in the coming weeks? Seems clear at this stage omicron won’t derail anything in the Spring and onwards so why not start the hype train? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m sure we’ll get the first poster a week before the balance payments are due, and maybe a second headliner announced this month.

In the meantime, I hope the BBC switches on their damn webcam!! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I’m sure we’ll get the first poster a week before the balance payments are due, and maybe a second headliner announced this month.

In the meantime, I hope the BBC switches on their damn webcam!! 

yeah ... im not sure how to get this operating again ... various people have been tweeting them over the past month or so ... anyone any ideas ? maybe we are getting  an upgraded version 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I’m sure we’ll get the first poster a week before the balance payments are due, and maybe a second headliner announced this month.

In the meantime, I hope the BBC switches on their damn webcam!! 

I think it’s more likely that they will hold out until the poster drop. If the remaining headliners are people who were there in 2020 I don’t think it warrants an individual announcement. 

Plus it seems like if the headliners are Paul and Kendrick they are both locked behind some secretive contracts somewhere. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I reckon we'll get something in January. Maybe one headliner and another act that Emily is excited about that she lets out during an interview

Bringing the balance deadline forward by a month compresses the window to make announcements to just Jan and Feb, so yeah I'd be surprised if we went the whole of this month without anything. I still wonder if they were planning to announce something pre Christmas but pulled it due to the Covid climate.

Mad to think we'll be expecting the first poster at the end of next month.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, henry bear said:

*Enter Gnomicide with his stats of doom

I have nothing more to add except Emily liked my "When you say soon....?" response to her Instagram post meaning it's any day now. Obvs.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wonder if they will announce entry restrictions, ie you have to be vaccinated. It makes sense for that to be a requirement but you need to give people notice, especially if you are going to put a time limit on people’s last jab.

as a side note I wonder if people will have to provide a negative test and if so how they will work that for the campervan fields bearing in mind they are outside the fence, don’t fancy having to queue for a test every day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Smeble said:

I wonder if they will announce entry restrictions, ie you have to be vaccinated. It makes sense for that to be a requirement but you need to give people notice, especially if you are going to put a time limit on people’s last jab.

as a side note I wonder if people will have to provide a negative test and if so how they will work that for the campervan fields bearing in mind they are outside the fence, don’t fancy having to queue for a test every day.

Hopefully by the summer things will have calmed down a bit so at worst it’ll be vaccine passport and/or proof of negative lateral flow beforehand.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Bringing the balance deadline forward by a month compresses the window to make announcements to just Jan and Feb, so yeah I'd be surprised if we went the whole of this month without anything. I still wonder if they were planning to announce something pre Christmas but pulled it due to the Covid climate.

Mad to think we'll be expecting the first poster at the end of next month.

Just look here for 2002 

The Thingy - TheThingy (weebly.com)

 

Line up the week before the gates opened? This generation would have a meltdown!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What's happening with Coachella at the moment is throwing me off a bit. Grammys being delayed to May I think it may be difficult to get some American acts to triple confirm their attendance at the moment. America is suddenly getting jumpy about omicron.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

What's happening with Coachella at the moment is throwing me off a bit. Grammys being delayed to May I think it may be difficult to get some American acts to triple confirm their attendance at the moment. America is suddenly getting jumpy about omicron.

Hopefully acts keep some perspective on this now we have two years of evidence that cases flatline in the summer. It’s clear at this point that the summer will happen at least to the same extent as last year and probably with even less concern. Don’t begrudge acts putting safety first, but now isn’t the time to pull out of summer events - we’ll clearly be in a much better spot by Easter.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, jparx said:

Hopefully acts keep some perspective on this now we have two years of evidence that cases flatline in the summer. It’s clear at this point that the summer will happen at least to the same extent as last year and probably with even less concern. Don’t begrudge acts putting safety first, but now isn’t the time to pull out of summer events - we’ll clearly be in a much better spot by Easter.

The concern I have isn't so much over whether events can go ahead this summer - I've got absolutely no doubt that they can and will, including Glastonbury.

But I do worry slightly that there's still going to be question marks regarding getting acts in from abroad, especially from outside of Europe - Brexit has already made international touring more complicated than it should be, and it only takes one country changing the rules on either travel or events at short notice to fuck up a carefully planned tour.

Given that at least 1 and potentially 2 of the current headliners for 2022 would be based in North America, it might mean that things at the top of the bill aren't as firm as we'd hope. I think there's a pretty strong chance that we don't get any further names until at least April, and it wouldn't shock me if we lost one of the names we already do have.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...



×
×
  • Create New...