LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

Still thinking we get all the headliners before Christmas. Kendrick in the next couple weeks and Macca in December. There's no big surprise to come, so get those names out there and start building up the buzz (assuming there's no embargo on Kendrick as there seemed to be last time).

22 minutes ago, jparx said:

Still thinking we get all the headliners before Christmas. Kendrick in the next couple weeks and Macca in December. There's no big surprise to come, so get those names out there and start building up the buzz (assuming there's no embargo on Kendrick as there seemed to be last time).

Not sure if I can handle the stress of Macca being the final one to be announced.

Just now, jparx said:

It's locked in dude, tranquilo! The gods aren't cruel enough to take both Taylor and Macca away from me.

Yep, plus @eFestivals appears to be pretty confident in his source for the final two being Macca and Kendrick. The Garorock rumour only solidifies the latter for me. And if he's nailed Billie and Kendrick before Christmas, Macca definitely makes up the trio

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Not sure if I can handle the stress of Macca being the final one to be announced.

I think Ken said something about us finding out soon about the other Werchter classic gig that he’d hinted Macca was playing. Without wanting to get too carried away, as @Supernintendo Chalmerssays, Neil’s Billie Eilish info was spot on and we know now that QOTSA and seemingly Kendrick are around next summer, so I’m pretty relaxed about Macca being the final headliner. 

4 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I think Ken said something about us finding out soon about the other Werchter classic gig that he’d hinted Macca was playing. Without wanting to get too carried away, as @Supernintendo Chalmerssays, Neil’s Billie Eilish info was spot on and we know now that QOTSA and seemingly Kendrick are around next summer, so I’m pretty relaxed about Macca being the final headliner. 

It's dreamland for me. The two headliners I really wanted from 2020 returning.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

It's dreamland for me. The two headliners I really wanted from 2020 returning.

It would be hard to see a stronger combined trio at any festival on the planet in 2022. Ridiculously popular seven-time Grammy winning (before she's even 20 years old) female artist, one of the most critically acclaimed rappers of a generation and the greatest living songwriter.  

15 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

It would be hard to see a stronger combined trio at any festival on the planet in 2022. Ridiculously popular seven-time Grammy winning (before she's even 20 years old) female artist, one of the most critically acclaimed rappers of a generation and the greatest living songwriter.  

Gen Zs, Millennials and Boomers: united at last.

Could have technically achieved it faster by just booking Relton, but who's quibbling.

27 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Since when was Bob Dylan in the frame?

26 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Apologies for the very first instance of wordplay on this here forum. We defer to proper surnames Most Of The Time.

I assumed you were just making a bad joke about his age and you didn't make the name connection. Now I realise you were just making a bad joke about his real name. My mistake 

9 minutes ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

I assumed you were just making a bad joke about his age and you didn't make the name connection. Now I realise you were just making a bad joke about his real name. My mistake 

No worries, that's why pencils have erasers. Accepted and appreciated.