LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

So general commentary in my group (who like every genre you can imagine) is it's a very safe lineup overall and it appears that the festival is going more alternative, possibly straying from the really big commercial names aside headliners.

I'm happy overall as there's 17 I'd be excited to watch, but there's a big lack of Hip Hop/Rap (aside from Kendrick) given how good the Wireless Festival headliners are the week after.

I actually am struggling to process this lineup.

Usually when Glasto drops there’s a “yayyyy these people are here… with a awww sad this person isn’t here maybe I’l catch them somewhere else”.

But literally everyone on the touring circuit this year that I’m dying to see is on this lineup…. And I have tickets to acts like Tool and RATM elsewhere.

I’m not used to getting such a perfect Glasto lineup. I can’t believe it. My group is in shock. 

Just now, discgoesmic said:

So general commentary in my group (who like every genre you can imagine) is it's a very safe lineup overall and it appears that the festival is going more alternative, possibly straying from the really big commercial names aside headliners.

I'm happy overall as there's 17 I'd be excited to watch, but there's a big lack of Hip Hop/Rap (aside from Kendrick) given how good the Wireless Festival headliners are the week after.

Dunno if I agree with you there - Billie, Kendrick, Doja, Megan, Olivia etc is exactly who is big right now. If Dua was part of this too they would have got pretty much everyone. 

3 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Anderson Paak is busy with Silk Sonic, surely. Was hoping they'd be there but it was always an outside shot.

Silk Sonic wont take anything less than the Vegas money theyre currently receiving. Was just out there this last weekend and it was the buzz of the evening other than the fight. And yeah, paak has tour dates in the ul but he couldnt make it work I guess.

6 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

More likely to do with the fact he's supporting RHCP.

5 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

He's playing London Stadium over Glasto weekend! That's the shame.

Perhaps we'll get Andy and Thundy as extras closer to the fest once RHCP stop hoarding them.

He’s not supporting them on the Sunday, though, which I thought was probably because he was at Glasto that day.

Annoying as the lineup is pretty light on must sees/good surprises for me and he would’ve been one of my top acts on the lineup.

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I actually am struggling to process this lineup.

Usually when Glasto drops there’s a “yayyyy these people are here… with a awww sad this person isn’t here maybe I’l catch them somewhere else”.

But literally everyone on the touring circuit this year that I’m dying to see is on this lineup…. And I have tickets to acts like Tool and RATM elsewhere.

I’m not used to getting such a perfect Glasto lineup. I can’t believe it. My group is in shock. 

So is mine. 1 of them said "other than Diana Ross, I dont think there is anyone there I am fussed about"

The rest are all just "meh" to worse. 1 of them said "If I didnt know about the other stuff, I wouldnt pay for that"

First glance and I'm very happy with 20 bands I would definitely watch and you can pretty much guarantee we've got a whole lot more to come:

1. Paul McCartney
  2. Diana Ross
  3. Big Thief
  4. Blossoms
  5. Crowded House
  6. Declan McKenna
  7. Elbow
  8. First Aid Kit
  9. Foals
  10. Inhaler
  11. Jarv'is
  12. Leon Bridges
  13. Noel Gallagher
  14. Primal Scream
  15. Robert Plant & Alison Krauss
  16. Sam Fender
  17. Self Esteem
  18. Supergrass
  19. TLC
  20. The Waterboys

Usually I get a lot less than this on the first poster so this is looking like it's going to be a big year for watching bands.

1 minute ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

He’s not supporting them on the Sunday, though, which I thought was probably because he was at Glasto that day.

Annoying as the lineup is pretty light on must sees/good surprises for me and he would’ve been one of my top acts on the lineup.

I felt the same for a minute but also realised you can't have your efest cake of having everything spelled out and eat it too by having many surprises. Tortured that metaphor. 

3 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

A Pyramid headliner is not needed every year, the year you get one or two that you really want to see, is what makes those sets special. 

Yeah I totally get that, but after years of watching some cracking Pyramid headliner sets on TV and wishing I was there, and then finally getting tickets for the first time you sort of think the odds of getting at least one you like are pretty good.

Every other Glasto for the last 10 years there has been at least one if not 2 I would have been right into, and then the year I get to go has none.  After waiting so long for the Poster drop it just feels a bit disappointing for me.

Just now, 1986 said:

I felt the same for a minute but also realised you can't have your efest cake of having everything spelled out and eat it too by having many surprises. Tortured that metaphor. 

It doesn’t really matter in the grand scheme of things anyway because at Glasto you end up having to miss half of your favourite acts on the initial lineup anyway.

With Kendrick, Diana Ross, Yves Tumor, Little Simz, Phoebe Bridgers, Big Thief, black midi, Mitski, Sigrid and a bunch others I’d see on there I shouldn’t complain. Plus Tribes.