LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

3 hours ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

It’s a festival, like many others in the world, not some divine place where you should just be grateful you’re allowed to go.

Sorry what? 

1 hour ago, philipsteak said:

I mean at this stage you've just got to admire the persistence really 

Sheer bloody mindedness 

1 hour ago, incident said:

You're welcome.

They are the worst. How did they get this on a freebie? Do you mean through YouTube money? Couldn’t bear to watch it all. 

3 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Sorry what? 

I don’t see what’s confusing, really.

Some people are acting like others should just be grateful to be going to Glastonbury without knowing who they’ll be able to see.

A lot of people would like to know who’s playing as there are tons of other festivals they’d be able to spend their money on if it turns out that the lineup is not to their tastes. I’ve had friends pull out for this reason in the past.

41 minutes ago, discgoesmic said:

Are you taking out your frustration on the plants? Reminds me of my favourite scene in Life of Brian:

EDDIE: I'm worrying about what you have got against birds.

BRIAN: I haven't got anything against the birds. Consider the lilies.

ARTHUR: He's having a go at the flowers now.

EDDIE: Oh, give the flowers a chance.

I’ve got bare soil not a plant to be seen … I needed a moment of escape … now my back hurts and I’ve returned to see things are calmer … must be the talk of the plants that did it … and I’m all in for tomoro as it’s the first day of my holiday … bring it on Emily … I’ve got lego men / women to search for 

• Like 1

To be honest I’m starting to feel like it might not drop before Monday. Just doesn’t feel like it’s imminent now, not sure why. All eyes on tomorrow morning but I’m prepared to be waiting still after Monday!

29 minutes ago, Jack The Stripper said:

How is it entitled to pay for something, especially as a first timer (which I’m not) to see what you’re getting before you pay for it?! 

There is a wealth of information out there that gives people a bit of a clue about what they might be getting at Glastonbury. 

I can’t believe there is this niche of people who have never been to the festival before, potentially couldn’t justify paying the money because of some reason (you can either afford it, or you can’t - the poster doesn’t change that) and need to be spoon fed a list of names because they can’t possibly do five minutes google research to give them a) an idea of what the festival is about and b) a decent idea of who will be populating the main stages. 

It’s almost like they’re being invented to justify everybody else’s wish for a poster to drop. 

The entitlement is the perspective that somehow the festival owe us something and they should be doing this, that or the other at a specific time. I don’t buy it. 

7 hours ago, wilko8 said:

All this demanding a line up before paying the ticket balance chat is coming across as super weird entitlement. 

if you’re not happy with it, don’t pay. 

The line up won’t exactly match you’re Spotify playlist, but there will still be much more good stuff to see/do than there are hours in your festival day. 

Ok, lets just do this. You will have to walk into the festival on Weds without any knowledge of the lineup until you receive the program. Youll have 1 day to sort yourself out schedule wise.  The rest of us will have had these next 3 months with all the information possible because we're entitled to it. You dont care about who is playing anyway so thatll work itself out. 

Again, these circumstances point towards having a lineup before/during balance window more than any other time.

1 minute ago, jparx said:

To be honest I’m starting to feel like it might not drop before Monday. Just doesn’t feel like it’s imminent now, not sure why. All eyes on tomorrow morning but I’m prepared to be waiting still after Monday!

Calm before the storm. Don’t fret.

I have feeling tomorrow we will get a tip off from someone it’s coming and a few hours later it will drop.

I’m pretty sure they only give the press an hours notice maximum. 

1 hour ago, DareToDibble said:

I skipped some of that because it was awful but I’ve just realised they left after Adele? At least it looks like it the way it’s edited. Worse than I first thought. 

Yeh because the bloke was playing football on the Sunday?  Wtf! 

People thinking its bad and "entitled" to want the lineup before paying the balance, are something else lol. It's a lot of money to spend without having much info. Would you go to a restaurant and order an expensive mystery dish, without knowing whats in it at all? Glastonbury should not take it's customers for granted.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

I don’t see what’s confusing, really.

Some people are acting like others should just be grateful to be going to Glastonbury without knowing who they’ll be able to see.

A lot of people would like to know who’s playing as there are tons of other festivals they’d be able to spend their money on if it turns out that the lineup is not to their tastes. I’ve had friends pull out for this reason in the past.

I’ve been to other festivals. And I’ve been to Glastonbury. And I’m 100% grateful to be going to Glastonbury. And I’m 100% confident that when the lineup does drop there will be more bands than I’ll possibly have the time to see. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wilko8 said:

I’ve been to other festivals. And I’ve been to Glastonbury. And I’m 100% grateful to be going to Glastonbury. And I’m 100% confident that when the lineup does drop there will be more bands than I’ll possibly have the time to see. 

Yeah, so is the case with myself and most people on the Glastonbury section of eFestivals.

It’s not gonna be the case with a lot of people who haven’t been.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

People thinking its bad and "entitled" to want the lineup before paying the balance, are something else lol. It's a lot of money to spend without having much info. Would you go to a restaurant and order an expensive mystery dish, without knowing whats in it at all? Glastonbury should not take it's customers for granted.

Do you book a package holiday based on the general info on the website and trip advisor reviews? Or do you get the company to give you a detailed itinerary of how you’re going to spend every day before you part with your cash? 

19 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

A lot of people would like to know who’s playing as there are tons of other festivals they’d be able to spend their money on if it turns out that the lineup is not to their tastes. 

And a lot of other people don't care... It is what it is

1 minute ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Yeah, so is the case with myself and most people on the Glastonbury section of eFestivals.

It’s not gonna be the case with a lot of people who haven’t been.

This was my original point though, people know how good it is.. we're not some sort of superior subset of Glastonbury goers because we look at a forum. I think the vast majority will happily pay regardless without a thought. 

2 minutes ago, wilko8 said:

Do you book a package holiday based on the general info on the website and trip advisor reviews? Or do you get the company to give you a detailed itinerary of how you’re going to spend every day before you part with your cash? 

But the lineup is a MAJOR part of a music festival. That's one of the key reasons people go. Most summer festivals have their lineups out now, so its hardly weird to want Glasto to reveal theirs soon too.

Stop being such a bootlicker lmao

1 minute ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

But the lineup is a MAJOR part of a music festival. That's one of the key reasons people go. Most summer festivals have their lineups out now, so its hardly weird to want Glasto to reveal theirs soon too.

Stop being such a bootlicker lmao

Stop being an idiot pal. The 17 year olds deciding whether to go Glasto or see Dave and Arctic Monkeys at R&L should just pay up and go sit in the Healing Fields if the lineup is shite.

3 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Yeah, I’m well aware of that. I’m saying it isn’t unreasonable that some people won’t want to shell out almost £300 without knowing who they can see.

Yeah there's always some. Some will always want a festival catered to them in every single way, such is the world we live in.

I just don't objectively think the festival is doing anything inherently wrong or taking anyone for granted by not announcing it... 

Just now, Cam91 said:

Yeah there's always some. Some will always want a festival catered to them in every single way, such is the world we live in.

I just don't objectively think the festival is doing anything inherently wrong or taking anyone for granted by not announcing it... 

Of course they’re not doing anything wrong but equally it’s hardly entitled to be asking for it.