LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

1 minute ago, jparx said:

I think that was BS…

Ah, just gone back and yeah you're right.

I'm still thinking tomorrow at 8am though. If not then it has to be Friday surely. I just don't see it coming over the weekend and Monday seems a bit close to the deadline.

12 minutes ago, s30foster said:

So, how many self confirms do we think we'll receive tonight at the NME awards? Usually something comes out of it.

I asked Sports Team today and they said ask them at 8.30 tonight when they’ll be drunk.  They then deleted the tweet

1 minute ago, sisco said:

I asked Sports Team today and they said ask them at 8.30 tonight when they’ll be drunk.  They then deleted the tweet

Ahh they were great at Glasto 2019. Hadn't heard of them pre that gig and only caught them as I wanted to stay out of the sun a little while longer after Amyl and the Sniffers set.

1 hour ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

It’s not being on a high horse to acknowledge that there are people out there who’d like to know the lineup before paying. It doesn’t mean they hate music or fun or are poor.

Most of my group would happily pay their balance every year regardless. Some haven’t in the past when the lineup has come out and they’d rather go elsewhere.

It’s so weird looking at comments on the Facebook post or Glasto Chat where someone will ask about the lineup coming and freaks will reply like “Don’t pay up then!!! I and many others would be happy to take your ticket!!”

Utterly strange behaviour. It’s a festival, like many others in the world, not some divine place where you should just be grateful you’re allowed to go.

Personally, I’d be happy with the lineup not coming this week. I’m trying in the resale so the more people who don’t pay off their balance the better for me.

Definitely feels like some are trying to gain some sort of badge of honour "I love Glastonbury so much that I'll pay regardless of how little they announce" and anyone who dares question that stance is unworthy. You see the same attitude amongst football fans online where any questioning or criticism of those running a club, no matter how reasonable, is taken as some massive slight and a sign that you're not a "true fan" or somesuch bollocks.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Definitely feels like some are trying to gain some sort of badge of honour "I love Glastonbury so much that I'll pay regardless of how little they announce" and anyone who dares question that stance is unworthy. You see the same attitude amongst football fans online where any questioning or criticism of those running a club, no matter how reasonable, is taken as some massive slight and a sign that you're not a "true fan" or somesuch bollocks.

As a Watford fan we get plenty of that. If you dare question our owners it’s entitlement and we should be grateful for what we’ve got, despite them very clearly making some bonkers decisions.

I've a couple of theories as to why they may not release the lineup:

1. They might want as many of the tickets back as possible, for resale. Theory is that if you're willing to give up your ticket for the lineup, then maybe somebody else who's been waiting three years may want it more. 

2. Boomtown aren't releasing their lineup until a week before this year, they say they can avoid paying more money for exclusivity fees. They say this gives them a more impressive line-up. If all of the tickets are sold for glastonbury, it has the same effect as the week before boomtown.

Both of these point to possibly waiting until after the resale 😞

But both of these are probably wrong 🙂 

7 minutes ago, hjwright said:

1. They might want as many of the tickets back as possible, for resale. Theory is that if you're willing to give up your ticket for the lineup, then maybe somebody else who's been waiting three years may want it more. 

I really can't imagine that they have the slightest interest in who wants the tickets more, they will want all the tickets paid for and the money in the bank.

13 minutes ago, hjwright said:

I've a couple of theories as to why they may not release the lineup:

2. Boomtown aren't releasing their lineup until a week before this year, they say they can avoid paying more money for exclusivity fees. They say this gives them a more impressive line-up. If all of the tickets are sold for glastonbury, it has the same effect as the week before boomtown.

Both of these point to possibly waiting until after the resale 😞

But both of these are probably wrong 🙂 

That would be a suicidal way to run a business that relies on selling out to survive and thrive.

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

I haven't read a single post that suggests that at all. Some people have said (mainly in reference to their friends) that they'd be happier paying the money for a ticket if they had more information about who is going to be there. I don't know why you'd consider that unreasonable.

Again, nobody here has said that. But if they did, especially if they're a first-timer, is that so outrageous? The YouTube videos, television footage etc. is probably why they paid a deposit in the first place. They did it in blind trust, and of course their faith in paying the ticket balance will be more than rewarded, but I really don't see the problem in wanting a bit more than three names before forking out hundreds of pounds.

You'd quite like to know if they'll be there before you pay though. Not that Glastonbury comes down to who's on the line up for many, but a bit more than 'thanks for waiting two and a half years, that'll be £235 plus postage' would be welcome.

Yeah, there is a lot of “my friends” would welcome the line up or “first timers” can’t be expected to understand. Not me of course, I’ll pay, but the uninitiated- they need to know that shit. And other such condescending similar posts. 

I could scroll back and find the posts I’m referring to, they are there. And as I said, it’s my perception of how they come across. It is, of course, difficult to infer tone and I might be completely wrong. 

The festival is an amazing place. People who have tickets and can go are super lucky. A mate of mine may not be able to go because he’s been deployed overseas because of the war. It’s the height of a first world problem to be moaning about lack of a line up poster or wanting a pat on the back from the organisers because you’re gracing them with your presence. 

10 minutes ago, wilko8 said:

Yeah, there is a lot of “my friends” would welcome the line up or “first timers” can’t be expected to understand. Not me of course, I’ll pay, but the uninitiated- they need to know that shit. And other such condescending similar posts. 

I could scroll back and find the posts I’m referring to, they are there. And as I said, it’s my perception of how they come across. It is, of course, difficult to infer tone and I might be completely wrong. 

The festival is an amazing place. People who have tickets and can go are super lucky. A mate of mine may not be able to go because he’s been deployed overseas because of the war. It’s the height of a first world problem to be moaning about lack of a line up poster or wanting a pat on the back from the organisers because you’re gracing them with your presence. 

There are always people in worse positions, I don’t think that should prevent people wanting a festival lineup.