Jump to content

LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!


jparx

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Divein said:

I really don’t see what’s so shocking about many ticket holders wanting the line up now before the balance payment window

There's nothing shocking about it, it's just there's no real reason to expect it.

I had expected headliners though.

27 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

 Its the one thing there is a pattern for in recent years, it comes out before balances close.

 

It has only been the pattern for the last 3 festivals.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Yet there are 2 more weeks in March to have the window open and not get into April to save themselves the cash. It didnt have to be today, couldve been the 15th and things wouldve been ok.

Doing it now though means they can squeeze the resale in before the end of the month as well, so theoretically 100% of ticket sales falls this tax year (though there'll undoubtedly be a tiny amount of returns) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good point. Or maybe they can just create their own ticketing system like AEG and LN does for their fests and make extra bags from the interest earned from deposits all year. Im sure See Tickets has gotten its slice this whole time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, gooner1990 said:

Surely the majority know that the line up comes after the balance payments?

We’ve got newbies coming with us this year and they know what the deal is and that it will be good and not having a full line up doesn’t affect them paying the balance or not.

There's only been 1 festival since 13, where there's not been a poster either the week of or the week before balance week and that was 2015, where they confirmed the 2nd headliner. The last festival where we had this was 2010.

 

 

Screenshot_20220301-231712_Twitter~2.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, august1 said:

Probably been discussed already but I wonder if they are trying to avoid creating 'news' given the focus elsewhere at the moment?

That window has already passed when it came to being considerate of the situation. There were about 10 festival announcements in the 24 hours from the situation in Ukraine escalating to invasion. The Macca tweet seemed to have pointed towards an announcement but they seemingly held off and let that one semi cryptic message stay out there. There will never be a good time to announce the lineup if theyre trying to be sensitive. The festival can only control what it does, it cannot control what happens anywhere across the world. A few artists pushed back their tour announcements because of what was happening but that wont last too long.

Edited by Suprefan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Suprefan said:

That window has already passed when it came to being considerate of the situation. There were about 10 festival announcements in the 24 hours from the situation in Ukraine escalating to invasion. The Macca tweet seemed to have pointed towards an announcement but they seemingly held off and let that one semi cryptic message stay out there. There will never be a good time to announce the lineup if theyre trying to be sensitive. The festival can only control what it does, it cannot control what happens anywhere across the world. A few artists pushed back their tour announcements because of what was happening but that wont last too long.

Yep. If they wait for a totally perfect time the line up will be announced after the festival.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don’t think any of my friends have paid their balance yet. A lineup would definitely do wonders.

Glasto has fallen off a lot of peoples radars at the moment. Whether we believe it on here or not.

Edited by Matt42
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

I don’t think any of my friends have paid their balance yet. A lineup would definitely do wonders.

Glasto has fallen off a lot of peoples radars at the moment. Whether we believe it on here or not.

Makes sense. No real announcements in months, and I’m guessing that seemingly canned Macca announcement was supposed to be the thing to get people talking again but alas it wasn’t to be. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’d be fascinating to see the % people paying off their balance day one in 2022 vs 2019. I imagine it’s dropped off mainly due to lack of activity from the festival itself. Does feel like they need something soon, certainly half my group (first timers) didn’t know they needed to pay until I prompted them and now they’re really wavering with the lack of news.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Everything does feel a little bit subdued which is surprising given the gap. I would’ve thought they’d be making a big thing about everything, even the balance window opening. Maybe it’s the war (I don’t think it is personally) or maybe it’s a bit of PTSD from two cancellations and they aren’t letting themselves get too carried away.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, chazwwe said:

There's only been 1 festival since 13, where there's not been a poster either the week of or the week before balance week and that was 2015, where they confirmed the 2nd headliner. The last festival where we had this was 2010.

 

 

Screenshot_20220301-231712_Twitter~2.jpg

Yes..when the balances were paid in April.

and as EE said in her R1 interview full poster will be out by the end of this month.

🙂 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I don’t think any of my friends have paid their balance yet. A lineup would definitely do wonders.

Glasto has fallen off a lot of peoples radars at the moment. Whether we believe it on here or not.

I’m sure you’ve reminded your friends though, as have I. Even if it had fallen off their radar, they’ve had reminders and social media posts to draw their attention to it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, stuie said:

I’m sure you’ve reminded your friends though, as have I. Even if it had fallen off their radar, they’ve had reminders and social media posts to draw their attention to it. 

I think in this day and age with Whatsapp groups, and all the various social media its fairly difficult to avoid knowing about it!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I don’t think any of my friends have paid their balance yet. A lineup would definitely do wonders.

Glasto has fallen off a lot of peoples radars at the moment. Whether we believe it on here or not.

Well yeah. Them going silent when things seemed to have been going in the right direction just killed their momentum in Dec and Jan. I mean its understandable that Omicron was a thing but it shouldnt have deterred them from pressing forward as they have already. Its like they got a bit timid with just the uttering of a new variant. A contrast to them getting the poster out early 2 years ago even though they knew where it was leading.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, stuie said:

I’m sure you’ve reminded your friends though, as have I. Even if it had fallen off their radar, they’ve had reminders and social media posts to draw their attention to it. 

Yes but I’ve noticed a “ah yeah il get round to that” reaction instead of a “paying mine now”.

I’ve noticed the first timers in my group have all not paid yet. Telling.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

You get people who forget to pay the balance every year and then inexplicably blame festival, so I’ll imagine you’ll get even more this year, especially with deposits automatically rolling over.

I’m actually terrified for once one of my group will “forget” or leave it to last minute and it will be a big problem. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...