LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

3 minutes ago, kevbizarre said:

Any fears one of the headliners has pulled out so poster is being delayed? Is Billie Eilish playing other European festivals? 

I was wondering that. Not that scenario specifically, but whether there have been any eleventh hour line up shenanigans behind the scenes causing a delay. 

11 minutes ago, kevbizarre said:

Any fears one of the headliners has pulled out so poster is being delayed? Is Billie Eilish playing other European festivals? 

Seems unlikely. Billie's set is just a stop on a much bigger arena tour so I doubt she's pulling that. Macca and Kendrick are both announcing dates for the summer so it seems unlikely they'd have pulled out either.

Nah, I think the poster was always planned for sometime around now. The delayed announcement may well have been Macca last week, but I don’t think there’s reason to think the poster should have already dropped by now.

3 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

We have no reason to suspect this. 

I mean there might be a hint of that with Doja Cat pulling out of Lolla Sweden and going to Wireless on the same weekend with an exclusive tag. How often does that happen or has that happened. 

I doubt Billie Eilish is dropping off and if she was, there at least looks to be 1 surefire replacement with Harry Styles being available.

Doubt its got anything to do with last min shenanigans and foolish to think these artists dont have their tour dates arranged months in advance.

the only possible discussion may be not whether someone is playing or not, but if their managers / agents / other festivals dont want them on the first poster.

eg, we fully expect phoebe bridgers to play, but she has her own dates and latitude has this “exclusive” to market so she is going to be there but some industry forces might not want her announced this week or next.

thats all they can be wrangling about at this stage, if anything. Big artists are set up & booked in a long while in advance and 95%+ of the main stages will be booked & sealed by now

A lot of people seem very sure Phoebe Bridges will turn up despite the Exclusive tag for Latitude. I know there have been some exceptions but for the main part they remain true.

Now Melvin is back on board do you think he'd be happy for Glastonbury and Phoebe to ignore what he has advertised and make him look like a liar?

6 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

A lot of people seem very sure Phoebe Bridges will turn up despite the Exclusive tag for Latitude. I know there have been some exceptions but for the main part they remain true.

Now Melvin is back on board do you think he'd be happy for Glastonbury and Phoebe to ignore what he has advertised and make him look like a liar?

I reckon it could just be really finnicky wording with her headlining a stage at Latitude and not at Glastonbury, she might be mid way down the Other stage or something. The dates around it are very suspicious. But like others have said, I don't think she'll be on this first poster now.

Edited by scatteredscreens

5 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

To be fair, Melvin has a long record of making claims that don't end up true. 

4 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I’d agree with you, but that stand alone date she has on the Glastonbury Sunday is pretty telling, especially with her being on the 2020 lineup. Stranger things have happened of course, but I really do think it’s just a bit of misleading marketing on Latitude’s behalf until Glastonbury get their lineup out. Hell, maybe she’ll even be left off the first poster for the illusion to remain in tact a little longer. 

58 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Yes but I’ve noticed a “ah yeah il get round to that” reaction instead of a “paying mine now”.

I’ve noticed the first timers in my group have all not paid yet. Telling.

I can understand why first timers might be hesitant but I don't have any of those in my group.  We do have old returners though who are moaning about Glasto's hyperinflation and the massive cost of car parking! 

43 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

We have no reason to suspect this. 

We should probably just chat about it for a few pages, just in case! 🙂

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

I reckon it could just be really finnicky wording with her headlining a stage at Latitude and not at Glastonbury, she might be mid way down the Other stage or something. The dates around it are very suspicious. But like others have said, I don't think she'll be on this first poster now.

Yep that's where I'm leaning as well. Certainly more doubtful than I was before, and prepared for the disappointment of her not being on the poster, but my guess is Phoebe IS there and she's playing Other/Pyramid lower down, and the "headline" bit is the get out.

Just now, the wonderwhy said:

Had a quick Google and there’s no exclusivity mentioned in any of the articles I’ve seen, so it obviously wasn’t included in the presser sent round to journos. 

Think the only place that mentions it is here: https://www.latitudefestival.com/news/latitude-2022-first-announcement/

10 minutes ago, stuie said:

I can understand why first timers might be hesitant but I don't have any of those in my group.  We do have old returners though who are moaning about Glasto's hyperinflation and the massive cost of car parking! 

How much is the parking? I’m getting coach but forgot to add parking for my brother. Think you can pay on the day but it’s even more expensive?

All this demanding a line up before paying the ticket balance chat is coming across as super weird entitlement. 

if you’re not happy with it, don’t pay. 

The line up won’t exactly match you’re Spotify playlist, but there will still be much more good stuff to see/do than there are hours in your festival day. 

• Upvote 4