LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

18 minutes ago, Mackem said:

I can’t wait to see them. Their version of Killing In The Name is even more intense than the original. And quite a live act - the lead singer is on a warning not to get overly carried away on stage. She was subject to a police investigation after a gig in the States. If you don’t know the story Google it. It’s quite shocking 💦

I believe she’s taking a break from touring with them for their summer shows and they’ve got somebody else in to replace her, so no need to have your umbrellas up in the front row whilst watching them at Glastonbury. 

19 minutes ago, Mackem said:

I can’t wait to see them. Their version of Killing In The Name is even more intense than the original. And quite a live act - the lead singer is on a warning not to get overly carried away on stage. She was subject to a police investigation after a gig in the States. If you don’t know the story Google it. It’s quite shocking 💦

Her name is Sophie Urista. The portmanteau of Urine and Barista can’t be accidental!

4 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

I believe she’s taking a break from touring with them for their summer shows and they’ve got somebody else in to replace her, so no need to have your umbrellas up in the front row whilst watching them at Glastonbury. 

That’s disappointing. Not for the golden showers, but she seems to be the heart (and kidneys) of the band’s performance.

Just now, august1 said:

they did in 2019?

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/line-up/line-up-2019/

Toad Hall etc have posted Wednesday stuff this year, but not on the glasto website makes no sense. Not as if they are hiding/breaking the license

Maybe they just want to discourage people planning out the Wednesday and to treat it more as an exploration - as it used to be?

I'm very confident everything that normally runs Wednesday will be open as usual. There's been enough confirmations of various sorts to suggest nothing has changed.

1 minute ago, Chrisp1986 said:

When I asked for the bandstand times

Screenshot_20220611-172544_Messenger.jpg

It's an odd one. The only reason I can think of is to try and spread arrivals across Thursday morning and all day Wednesday, as opposed to people trying to all get in on Wednesday morning. Generally speaking, the stages and acts on a Wednesday wouldn't be a big draw anyway though (No offence meant to Gecko, Tankus The Henge, Sam Walker, Mal Webb, Rodney Brannigan, Wildflowers, John Pointer, Hayley McKay, Mik Artistik, New York Brass Band, Jess Goyder, The Drystones, Alpha Manoeuvre and many others I've loved seeing on a Wednesday).

1 hour ago, incident said:

Maybe they just want to discourage people planning out the Wednesday and to treat it more as an exploration - as it used to be?

I'm very confident everything that normally runs Wednesday will be open as usual. There's been enough confirmations of various sorts to suggest nothing has changed.

That would be fair enough, Not sure why Arcadia arent announcing their day/evening slots Fri-Sun just the night time.

Wonder what else we are missing!

5 minutes ago, august1 said:

Not sure why Arcadia arent announcing their day/evening slots Fri-Sun just the night time.

Assuming this is a legit comment rather than a joke, then Arcadia (as in the Spider) is a night time only stage. The fire and effects wouldn't work nearly as well during the day. 

For their early evening offering, check out "The Bug" - it's basically a vehicle with wings that they drive to the Spider and play some tunes from 17:00-21:30.

10 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Assuming this is a legit comment rather than a joke, then Arcadia (as in the Spider) is a night time only stage. The fire and effects wouldn't work nearly as well during the day. 

For their early evening offering, check out "The Bug" - it's basically a vehicle with wings that they drive to the Spider and play some tunes from 17:00-21:30.

Bug or Spider there's a couple of acts who have announced their doing arcadia but arent listed anywhere.

Looking back on 2017 line up, main spider used to start at 7 rather than half 9 we have this year. 2019 was 10 pm. Probably not helping my confusion 😂

4 hours ago, zeppelin said:

The spider used to be a daytime thing too. But the start has got later and later as the years tick by and is now nighttime only