LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Nah Doja is a big loss on this I’d say - sad she’s not there but we move on.

Yeah she's massive, but also no doubting that Sam can easily fill that slot also. Bit gutted I'll be missing the start of it because of Phoebe on the JP.

2 minutes ago, CJL9494 said:

Yeah she's massive, but also no doubting that Sam can easily fill that slot also. Bit gutted I'll be missing the start of it because of Phoebe on the JP.

Now Sam’s been announced as main stones support for the date I’ve booked I’m going all in on Phoebe. Smashing!

8 minutes ago, Claire0406 said:

Anyone know why arcadia line up looks so slim??? No opening show etc, doesn’t appear to go on as late? 

I think we'll get some more updates. The current set times don't have all the acts on their area poster.

57 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Would they not potentially be perfect for one of the Thursday slots on William’s Green?

Well that would be amazing but I’d have said Other or JP more their vibe. I’ve been dropping ‘see you at Glasto’ into their twitter comments recently but they haven’t really risen to it so I’m thinking the dream may be over. 

Edited by Mackem

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Some on social media complaining about the line up, not what they were wanting blah blah. So here’s some advice and good news for them, there’s still tickets available for the Isle of Wight, fill yer boots.
Meanwhile I’m looking forward to the greatest show on earth. 

I feel like I knew less artists on this lineup than I have in previous years, 2019 I knew a lot more people... BUT, that's a great thing, I've already discovered artists I like by looking them up from the lineup, and I'm looking forward to discovering more! 

For me the lineup is great, a perfect balance of names I know and want to see, and new (to me) music to discover. 

Isle of White line up is worse, but also kind of similar?

Frustrating mix of decent enough, radio friendly acts, but that play literally everywhere all the time / aren't really very "current" (Jessie Ware, Blossoms, Vaccines) and acts that feel a bit gimmicky/past it (Happy Mondays, Kasabian, The Kooks, Shaggy). 

Really glad to be going to Glastonbury for the first time...but it'll probably be the last if this lineup is an indication of how it usually is.

Edited by kugglaw

14 minutes ago, kugglaw said:

Frustrating mix of decent enough, radio friendly acts, but that play literally everywhere all the time / aren't really very "current" (Jessie Ware, Blossoms, Vaccines) and acts that feel a bit gimmicky/past it (Happy Mondays, Kasabian, The Kooks, Shaggy). 

Really glad to be going to Glastonbury for the first time...but it'll probably be the last if this lineup is an indication of how it usually is.

It must be annoying being constantly told its not about the lineup but its genuinely true once you're there. Thats what makes it such a unique place/festival. Its actually not comparable to places like IOW or similar.

Of course its nice to have your favourites on the lineup but you've got to remember that Glastonbury caters for everyone, and does so on a shoe string budget giving tons away to charity at the same time.

I'm pretty certain you'll be blown away by the place so just go into it open minded 😄.

Just now, CJL9494 said:

It must be annoying being constantly told its not about the lineup but its genuinely true once you're there. Thats what makes it such a unique place/festival. Its actually not comparable to places like IOW or similar.

Of course its nice to have your favourites on the lineup but you've got to remember that Glastonbury caters for everyone, and does so on a shoe string budget giving tons away to charity at the same time.

I'm pretty certain you'll be blown away by the place so just go into it open minded 😄.

Yeah, I'm 100% certain I'll enjoy being there and soaking up the atmosphere with friends and strangers alike. 

But I'm going through clash finder and there's like 4 acts I want to see on Saturday for example? Just bit of a shame. I imagined that because this was the defacto 50th anniversary, it would be filled to the gills with new and current music from UK and abroad, undeniably legendary acts, with the odd obvious crowd pleaser thrown in. 

The fact that it caters to everyone and doesn't really have the same budget or curation as other festivals is becoming really clear to me. But it seems this one is worse than other years? The stage that had Wu Tang Clan in 2019 has a...brass covers band. 

20 minutes ago, kugglaw said:

Bookmarking this to revisit once you’ve been… 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, kugglaw said:

Yeah, I'm 100% certain I'll enjoy being there and soaking up the atmosphere with friends and strangers alike. 

But I'm going through clash finder and there's like 4 acts I want to see on Saturday for example? Just bit of a shame. I imagined that because this was the defacto 50th anniversary, it would be filled to the gills with new and current music from UK and abroad, undeniably legendary acts, with the odd obvious crowd pleaser thrown in. 

The fact that it caters to everyone and doesn't really have the same budget or curation as other festivals is becoming really clear to me. But it seems this one is worse than other years? The stage that had Wu Tang Clan in 2019 has a...brass covers band. 

Glastonbury always seems to swing between top heavy and undercard heavy, this year I don't think anyone can argue the headliners are anything but top drawer, even if they are not to your personal taste.

If you have 4 must see acts on one day is fine, gives you a chance to have a bimble and see what happens. 

You might not even end up watching the four you had planned, I know it sounds strange but that's Glastonbury

2 minutes ago, kugglaw said:

As long as those 4 acts aren't clashing I think you'll find thats a pretty nice day out with the size of the place, it will take you a while to walk to each stage etc (assuming they're on different stages). Spend the rest of the day checking out new music and just following whatever vibe. The night time takes care of itself.

I wouldn't say its worse than previous years no - no doubt over the years I've been going there have been some lineups more suited to my tastes, and others not. It just varies year on year. You're also comparing a headliner to a band who are way down the running order.

I think given the popularity of the place, people assume it is this utopia of music festival lineups but it isn't possible because of the model Glastonbury have. But I'd much rather they have that model than a commercial festival who pay their headliners millions, but make their punters queue for bar tokens and force them to camp separate to the "arena".

• Upvote 1