LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

16 minutes ago, BambooShanks said:

I quite like how the line ups are drip fed following the initial poster drop.  

Considering how each area has a line up worthy of a small festival, I like how I have a bit of time to give unfamiliar names a listen to see if they're up my musical street.  I think I'd struggle to do that if it was all released in one big drop!

That said, my productivity takes a nosedive between 9am and 12 every day while I wait for an announcement to happen so maybe if there were fewer but bigger drops I'd get more done in work.

Nah, thats a lie and I know it 

My productivity has dropped a fair bit since getting tickets in the resale. Checking the webcam constantly for anything new and reading stuff on here.

As an aside, with all the crap going on in the world it has also helped my mood massively with giving me something positive to look forward to. I can't wait to be back.  

Edited by Chip Batch
  • Like 3

Just now, Acid Loafers said:

Without the mini posters, I think I'd miss out on finding so many new acts I'm now keen on seeing. 

Although I do hate the Pavlovian Conditioning that's occurred in me since these regular 10AM announcements 😭

Yes I love exploring the line ups of the smaller stages. Even if I don't end up seeing them at Glastonbury I might end up seeing them when they tour. 

18 minutes ago, Chip Batch said:

My productivity has dropped a fair bit since getting tickets in the resale. Checking the webcam constantly for anything new and reading stuff on here.

As an aside, with all the crap going on in the world it has also helped my mood massively with giving me something positive to look forward to. I can't wait to be back.  

I got a ticket in the resale too. The thought of what I’d be doing now without a ticket gives me the horrors.

51 minutes ago, incident said:

Glastonbury could do it for sure - The number of people cancelling based primarily on lineup each year will be a tiny percentage - I'd be surprised if it went as high as 5%, and would guess closer to 1.

No lineup at all until after ticket balance day? For a year they definitely could but it would really risky. If they get the bookings wrong those 1% who wouldn't be able to get a refund could kick up a hell of a lot of negative press coverage.

And there's a slightly larger percentage who might not love the lineup but wouldn't want a refund, if there's a stink kicked up some of them could be pulled into that negative space. 

On 5/17/2022 at 12:39 PM, CaledonianGonzo said:

Is Lizzo on an upswing again with About Damn Time?  It seems to have gone viral (I think)

21st century problems - I was looking for a specific app to find the latest James Acaster comedy special as I find him very funny and I've read some cracking reviews.  

Got a roku TV stick and accidentally loaded Vevo instead of Vimeo - sure enough saw that tune and thought "I saw someone mention that this week".

I thought it was great 🙂

1 hour ago, Leyrulion said:

Boomtown and Shambala both didn't happen last year so they still have 2019 ticket holders who've waited 3 years and want to party regardless of the lineup. SGP is the first in 5 years so there's an exclusivity element to it. 

They're also all festivals that are trying to sell themselves on the "experience" of going and trying to make the specific music lineup almost secondary. 

Glastonbury isn't really able to do the same as it so much about the music for 3 of the 5 days. They do sell out having released no acts but that's just for a deposit, I'm not sure they could really then stay silent until June and drop the set times. It is £300 to attend.

1 hour ago, incident said:

Shambala would be sold out regardless of rolled over tickets (it does every year). I suspect Boomtown (on their revised capacity) would as well. There's plenty of festivals with 2 years of rollovers that still have tickets to shift - Truck, WOMAD, Download, etc.

Glastonbury could do it for sure - The number of people cancelling based primarily on lineup each year will be a tiny percentage - I'd be surprised if it went as high as 5%, and would guess closer to 1.

Glastonbury won't do the find out on the day thing because a big part is the broadcasting. Nobody is going to get excited and want to watch it on TV if they don't know who's playing till a few days before i'd say. Although you could argue that wham of it all in one go just before would make people more excited? I'm not sure

1 minute ago, clarkete said:

21st century problems - I was looking for a specific app to find the latest James Acaster comedy special as I find him very funny and I've read some cracking reviews.  

Got a roku TV stick and accidentally loaded Vevo instead of Vimeo - sure enough saw that tune and thought "I saw someone mention that this week".

I thought it was great 🙂

Do you listen to the Off Menu Podcast with Ed Gamble and James Acaster ? just thought I'd mention in case you don't, its funny af 🙂

2 minutes ago, Camden Leisure Pirate said:

Do you listen to the Off Menu Podcast with Ed Gamble and James Acaster ? just thought I'd mention in case you don't, its funny af 🙂

I'm one of those strange sorts I've never got into a podcast habit, even though I know I've missed out on some brilliant content.  I've had an old school 6music, TV (but these days some of it streaming/downloads), Film life.

There are even some podcasts I've paid for which, as someone working from home I struggle to keep in the habit of regularly listening - if I put those or radio on during the day I'd get even less work done 😉 

Just now, clarkete said:

I'm one of those strange sorts I've never got into a podcast habit, even though I know I've missed out on some brilliant content.  I've had an old school 6music, TV (but these days some of it streaming/downloads), Film life.

There are even some podcasts I've paid for which, as someone working from home I struggle to keep in the habit of regularly listening - if I put those or radio on during the day I'd get even less work done 😉 

Yeah I get that tbf, I got into them listening to them on the dog walk, easy way to take my brain out! I can only get away with music when I work though, podcasts always distract me too much, I've not managed that multi tasking lark yet!