LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

25 minutes ago, SouthbanKen said:

Discussion on the E&D is that the Headliner for Park on Friday may be Four Tet. I think we have strong (as in its listed on his website) info that he is playing there on Friday and has been a sub on there before and is arguably bigger now so, ...

Ok thanks … the wait might go on or I’ll give these guys some research 

17 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

It's something to do with the Rooney/Vardy case.

Yes I know, He seems to have completely ignored the context though, I feel sorry for him if he feels telling your other half to calm down when they are being a twat is something you can’t do. 

1 hour ago, gooner1990 said:

I said exactly that in this thread a few weeks ago and got shot down in flames!

To be fair, I was half joking in the sense that I know it'll never happen due to the sheer number of people who'd get petulant about it.

But it's really not a bad idea, and I don't buy that it'd have that big an effect on ticket sales. There's not a huge amount of Festivals sold out this summer - it looks like tickets are shifting pretty slowly across the board - but all 3 of the festivals that haven't announced any acts (Boomtown, SGP, Shambala) are amongst the few that actually have sold out.

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

Strong intel suggests Unfairground tomorrow.

I say Block9 today.

No reason we can't have back-to-back SEC announcements, because TINP, clearly!

Ben

If it's Unfairground tomorrow, I reckon Park today to avoid b2b SEC. Need a little difference in the musical direction. 

1 minute ago, Gnomicide said:

If it's Unfairground tomorrow, I reckon Park today to avoid b2b SEC. Need a little difference in the musical direction. 

Your personal musical preferences (prejudices) have zero bearing on the order in which area drops are announced.

You should consult the Glastonbury Thingy - would you like me to post a link?

Ben

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Your personal musical preferences (prejudices) have zero bearing on the order in which area drops are announced.

You should consult the Glastonbury Thingy - would you like me to post a link?

Ben

It's not for me, it's other people. Some grumbling on my timeline about the lack of indie/rock/geetar music. I know it's coming but it will shut them up.

1 hour ago, Gwladboy said:

Jesus guys, we had Basil Brush this week!

No pleasing some people.

Life goals.

Screenshot_20220518-105442_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d873efacda3025fe96fa2a5a4ca24f66.jpg

1 hour ago, incident said:

To be fair, I was half joking in the sense that I know it'll never happen due to the sheer number of people who'd get petulant about it.

But it's really not a bad idea, and I don't buy that it'd have that big an effect on ticket sales. There's not a huge amount of Festivals sold out this summer - it looks like tickets are shifting pretty slowly across the board - but all 3 of the festivals that haven't announced any acts (Boomtown, SGP, Shambala) are amongst the few that actually have sold out.

Yes I agree, its nothing short of ridiculous, especially on this forum with people getting their knickers in a twist about when Block 9 doesn't drop a poster at 10am or whatever.

We survived long enough without it, but I doubt it will go back to how it was before. The issue is now is we get 

1. Headliners dripped out over winter

2. Initial line up drop

3. Various stage drops over a few weeks

4. Full line up with time splits.

Its too much for me personally.

3 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Its too much for me personally.

This sums it up nicely because you'll never be able to please everyone. 

I'd be 100% okay if they just dropped the full lineup at the start of June with nothing beforehand. 

However I have come to really enjoy the separate posters and find myself checking out and listening to acts I never would have if the full lineup were available. For that reason alone, I hope they stick with this approach. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, incident said:

all 3 of the festivals that haven't announced any acts (Boomtown, SGP, Shambala) are amongst the few that actually have sold out

Boomtown and Shambala both didn't happen last year so they still have 2019 ticket holders who've waited 3 years and want to party regardless of the lineup. SGP is the first in 5 years so there's an exclusivity element to it. 

They're also all festivals that are trying to sell themselves on the "experience" of going and trying to make the specific music lineup almost secondary. 

Glastonbury isn't really able to do the same as it so much about the music for 3 of the 5 days. They do sell out having released no acts but that's just for a deposit, I'm not sure they could really then stay silent until June and drop the set times. It is £300 to attend.

Edited by Leyrulion

I’m missing my child’s formative years whilst I constantly refresh this thread.  I wish they’d just give it us all in one go a month before so I can get my life back.

I thought I liked the drip-feed but I’ve changed my mind.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Gwladboy said:

I’m missing my child’s formative years whilst I constantly refresh this thread.  I wish they’d just give it us all in one go a month before so I can get my life back.

I thought I liked the drip-feed but I’ve changed my mind.

Can refreshing this thread give them some training 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, sam1981 said:

Stringing it out like this is tedious. We need someone on the inside to leak it all and quit their job in a blaze of glory!! 

No GFL employee is quitting in a blaze of glory before 8.05AM on the 22nd of June. 

32 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Boomtown and Shambala both didn't happen last year so they still have 2019 ticket holders who've waited 3 years and want to party regardless of the lineup. SGP is the first in 5 years so there's an exclusivity element to it. 

They're also all festivals that are trying to sell themselves on the "experience" of going and trying to make the specific music lineup almost secondary. 

Glastonbury isn't really able to do the same as it so much about the music for 3 of the 5 days. They do sell out having released no acts but that's just for a deposit, I'm not sure they could really then stay silent until June and drop the set times. It is £300 to attend.

Shambala would be sold out regardless of rolled over tickets (it does every year). I suspect Boomtown (on their revised capacity) would as well. There's plenty of festivals with 2 years of rollovers that still have tickets to shift - Truck, WOMAD, Download, etc.

Glastonbury could do it for sure - The number of people cancelling based primarily on lineup each year will be a tiny percentage - I'd be surprised if it went as high as 5%, and would guess closer to 1.

I quite like how the line ups are drip fed following the initial poster drop.  

Considering how each area has a line up worthy of a small festival, I like how I have a bit of time to give unfamiliar names a listen to see if they're up my musical street.  I think I'd struggle to do that if it was all released in one big drop!

That said, my productivity takes a nosedive between 9am and 12 every day while I wait for an announcement to happen so maybe if there were fewer but bigger drops I'd get more done in work.

Nah, thats a lie and I know it