LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

44 minutes ago, sam1981 said:

Stringing it out like this is tedious

They have to make sure all the information is correct when they go to print. Otherwise they may end up doing a Coxy and sending out incomplete line ups. 

I’ve got another Friday feeling so will see if anything lands by the end of the week. 

Edited by squirrelarmy

1 hour ago, squirrelarmy said:

They have to make sure all the information is correct when they go to print. Otherwise they may end up doing a Coxy and sending out incomplete line ups. 

My comment was slightly tongue in cheek, but either it's strung out because the lineup is incomplete or it's because they want to give each smaller area their moment in the sun. Can't really be both. 

Plus a few acts will always drop out anyway, and if there are some unknowns in the schedule just leave the slot blank and call it "special guests'. See, I've solved it all? 

1 minute ago, sam1981 said:

Plus a few acts will always drop out anyway, and if there are some unknowns in the schedule just leave the slot blank and call it "special guests'. See, I've solved it all? 

Everyone gets excited when they see a TBC on the clashfinder. Love the speculation debates when they pop up. 

We are eager for information and they like to tease us.

2 hours ago, sam1981 said:

Stringing it out like this is tedious.

I agree.

Stop with these area announcements and a teaser poster, instead give us the lot a couple weeks before the festival in one big bang like it used to be.

So Block 9 and one other this week?

Assuming it won't be Unfairground because I'm not sure they'd announce the final two SEC lineups in consecutive days. I'm hoping for a biggie so gonna dream of:

Today - West Holts

Tomorrow - Block 9

What an end to the week that'd be 😀

21 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

So Block 9 and one other this week?

Assuming it won't be Unfairground because I'm not sure they'd announce the final two SEC lineups in consecutive days. I'm hoping for a biggie so gonna dream of:

Today - West Holts

Tomorrow - Block 9

What an end to the week that'd be 😀

Strong intel suggests Unfairground tomorrow.

I say Block9 today.

No reason we can't have back-to-back SEC announcements, because TINP, clearly!

Ben

3 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Strong intel suggests Unfairground tomorrow.

I say Block9 today.

No reason we can't have back-to-back SEC announcements, because TINP, clearly!

Ben

Ah, my mistake Ben! For some reason I had in my head that the intel was for Block9. 

No reason whatsoever and you certainly won't find me complaining if that is the case. Then there's the added benefit of more time for you to let me know which are the unmissable sets down there 😉

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, incident said:

I agree.

Stop with these area announcements and a teaser poster, instead give us the lot a couple weeks before the festival in one big bang like it used to be.

I said exactly that in this thread a few weeks ago and got shot down in flames!

15 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Park is the one for me …. I’ve not seen much up there … and would love to … a Friday headliner would be good 

Discussion on the E&D is that the Headliner for Park on Friday may be Four Tet. I think we have strong (as in its listed on his website) info that he is playing there on Friday and has been a sub on there before and is arguably bigger now so, ...

As frustrating as it can be, especially when there aren't any announcements for a few days, I have to admit, the refreshing at 10am every day and checking here, is exciting and pouring over a new poster is cool. Dont get me wrong, if they were able to put out the full lineup at the start of May, i'd take it, but they can't and the wait was seem excruciating if we had to wait until late may/early june for anything after the initial poster.

36 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Positive vibes …. They’ll be something 

Yeah but if they keep it up with just electronic stuff its kind of disheartening to not get shown whats on the rest of the stages. We know theres going to be 5 times as many djs as bands, but we dont need to know about every single one ahead of time.

• Upvote 1