LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

9 minutes ago, henry bear said:

My take; Macca and Diana make this an unmissable year and whoever else is on the line up is a bonus, and there’s lots of those I want to see (albeit a few I don’t)

Defffo...macca and everything else after is just a great bonus 👏👏👏

2 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

While it would be nice to have the announcement on 24th, I'm at Bearded Theory from 26-30th anyway so if it's a week later, it's only really a couple of day's difference in real time for me.

Iam going to bishops castle tomoz... I'll take a pic of my Shropshire Gold 👍🤣

13 minutes ago, gazzared said:

Iam going to bishops castle tomoz... I'll take a pic of my Shropshire Gold 👍🤣

I can't remember if it was you I had a conversation with about Salopian Brewery, Bishops Castle, their beer festival, but if it was, I reiterate it all, and if it wasn't, I love them all.  Seriously, try to get to Bishops Castle for their beer festival, it's ace.

ETA - I ought to add, it's not your normal "beer festival in a hall".  It's around the 6 pubs in staggering distance of each other.  Each with around half a dozen beers, often with live music.  You can buy in one, walk with your beer to the next (and take advantage of shorter queues in one to avoid them in another)

Edited by Beerqueen

3 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

I can't remember if it was you I had a conversation with about Salopian Brewery, Bishops Castle, their beer festival, but if it was, I reiterate it all, and if it wasn't, I love them all.  Seriously, try to get to Bishops Castle for their beer festival, it's ace.

It was me.. The campsites are already fully booked so I'll have to try for next year 🤞

26 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

While it would be nice to have the announcement on 24th, I'm at Bearded Theory from 26-30th anyway so if it's a week later, it's only really a couple of day's difference in real time for me.

Me too, first timer and first festival since all the covid bollox too. Canny wait. 

1 minute ago, gazzared said:

It was me.. The campsites are already fully booked so I'll have to try for next year 🤞

Oh that's a shame.  You do have to get in relatively early.  You could try emailing Foxholes and the Castle and ask them to let you know if they have a cancellation.  Or sleep in your car.  

1 minute ago, CurlyPutz said:

Me too, first timer and first festival since all the covid bollox too. Canny wait. 

Ooh you'll love BT - it's brilliant - loads of great music, food, drink, company, but without the high level work involved with Glasto, everything is easily accessible and you don't have to walk miles.  I love it!  

I can't believe we'll be there in just over a week!

p.s. I will be the middle aged (don't kid myself, old) woman in a tarp hat with beer cans round the rim.  Say hi if you see me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JoeyT said:

Getting big doubts about 24th being the full lineup drop.

Someone tell me it’ll be okay 😭

Might be getting confused but didn't one of the areas (common) say we were getting there full lineup then via Instagram messenger. Now whether that was just the common full lineup and splits or the whole festival I don't know.

19 minutes ago, Earth_pig said:

Might be getting confused but didn't one of the areas (common) say we were getting there full lineup then via Instagram messenger. Now whether that was just the common full lineup and splits or the whole festival I don't know.

The Common gave the date of their full line-up and said stage splits to follow. The date they quoted (then deleted) was correct. Some people mistakenly read their post to mean the full Glastonbury line-up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, henry bear said:

My take; Macca and Diana make this an unmissable year and whoever else is on the line up is a bonus, and there’s lots of those I want to see (albeit a few I don’t)

I agree.  there a lots of bands I like, but a lot of those bands are bands that I've already seen, or even seen this year.  For me that kinda means the pressure is kinda off.   

I'd love to see Lorde again and I'm really hoping she's not a Macca clash, but if she is I did see her just a month ago.  And while I adore Lamb, they ARE a Macca clash but something tells me they might do something smaller somewhere else in site - perhaps at Ancient Futures like in years past. 

8 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

p.s. I will be the middle aged (don't kid myself, old) woman in a tarp hat with beer cans round the rim.  Say hi if you see me.

Will do, I will be the bald bearded short old bloke 😁 I am really looking forwards to it. My freinds have been raving about bearded and looking forwards to the first festi in years. 

11 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Me re the line up. It's full of people Ive seen before, wouldnt mind seeing for the first time, but not MUST see & people I have no interest in.

So far Diana Ross is the only 100% must see. Everyone else I'd be happy to see or have no interest in. Nothing is "oh my god, I have to see x, y or Z & I've never seen them before"

Macca? Just taking his first decade you can argue that he’s the best song-writer in history. He’ll not be head-lining Glastonbury again. Even if your not a big fan definitely worth a look. I reckon it’ll be a good ‘un.