LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

As someone who spends a lot of time at The John Peel and The Other Stage, the stage drops are interesting, but I think there's only one act I'd be interested in seeing (Asylums on Leftfield).

I got a bit burnt in 2019 by a couple of 7 way clashes that ruled out loads of acts I wanted to see, and I ended up sitting around on the Sunday with nothing to do. So I think that's affecting my excitement levels, plus you know, everything else.

1 hour ago, Gingerfish79 said:

I also loved Panic Shack, Peaness and Kills Birds! Really loved Enola Gay, Kid Kapichi and Crawlers. I was massively impressed with a lot of the localish bands on the Alt Escape, they wont be anywhere near the Glastonbury bill just yet, but I will be keenly following the likes of Snayx, Monakis, Arxx and Libralibra. Fantastic local music scene down there!

Sanyx are great and my friends really enjoyed Arxx, and Enola Gay too. I also saw Crawlers I'll be seeing them on their return in November also. We are lucky with our scene down here, and TGE is a highlight of my year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BreadMakesYouFat? said:

As someone who spends a lot of time at The John Peel and The Other Stage, the stage drops are interesting, but I think there's only one act I'd be interested in seeing (Asylums on Leftfield).

I got a bit burnt in 2019 by a couple of 7 way clashes that ruled out loads of acts I wanted to see, and I ended up sitting around on the Sunday with nothing to do. So I think that's affecting my excitement levels, plus you know, everything else.

I try very much not to get too excited about more than a handful of "must sees" til we have the stage times. Avoids disappointment that way! Even then the must sees could clash. So glad we're not far off the final lineup times now.

25 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I try very much not to get too excited about more than a handful of "must sees" til we have the stage times. Avoids disappointment that way! Even then the must sees could clash. So glad we're not far off the final lineup times now.

Yep I am trying not to think in terms of must sees until the full line up is here. 

2 hours ago, BreadMakesYouFat? said:

Similar here, not really planning on who to see until the lineup comes out. Only have a vague feeling that we'll probably end up seeing McCartney on the Saturday and Diana Ross is the only definite

4 hours ago, Hugh Jass 3 said:

I was going to let it all go, just walk away and leave Neil with his rapidly crumbling empire, but there is something I feel the need to say first.

Neil,

You would do well to remember that you would not be going anywhere this summer without “idiots” like me and “c**ts” like ddiamond. For those who aren’t aware a number of us long term posters clubbed together to provide Neil with the means he needs to attend the festival this year. He has never thanked us.

Neil regards, in his own words, the contributors to this site as “customers”. He doesn’t give a toss about any of us other than a means to drive revenue and subscriptions, and that’s fine. Personally I would suggest that those of us, the very people he has alienated with his shite recently, have been the ones who have kept this site going through the dark times recently and produce the atmosphere that entices new people in.

However when we all put our hands in our pockets to help Neil when he needed it that was not a financial transaction, it was an act of friendship. An act he has thrown back into the faces of those who contributed, and that is what hurts (Neil you may want to question why two “trolls” would personally contribute to your personal well-being).

Neil, you are fucking ungrateful.

But anyway, and sorry for going on but I’ve never flounced before, we’re well beyond apologies now and I don’t believe one would ever come anyway. It’s a real shame because I almost enjoy the build up to the festival on here as much as the actual festival itself. Sadly my excitement for all things Glastonbury has died a little over the last 24 hours.

Not that it really matters anymore but Neil has been lying too. I have never posted under any name other than Hugh Jass, nor have I held “alt accounts”. My first account was deleted accidentally by Neil, and if proof is required please check the first reply to the thread below where Neil corroborated this. Rather than just be a man and admitted he was wrong he has lied and doubled down.

To you Neil I genuinely and sincerely hope you get the help you need. You clearly do not enjoy doing this so I hope you find something that makes you happy.

To the rest of you, take care. Have a fantastic festival and who knows? I might even see you at the meet (got a feeling it’s going to be a fun one this year)

So long. And. Thank for all the fish.

HJ (third best eFester of all time)

x

PS I know this is going to be taken down almost immediately, which is why I’m taking the liberty of posting it on a few other threads….

I'm all out of up votes.

2 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Yeah that's usually my plan, but this year I don't really have any must sees. If Wolf Alice were on The Other they would be, but on the Pyramid they won't work (again). Everyone falls into a secondary category, made worse by the fact I'm not fussed by any of the headliners, and I strongly dislike Neil Tennant's voice.

3 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Yup. Try this every year but still end up making my 4 league tables 😭

Won't bore people with 2nd Division to 4th Division, but Prem (Must See) are:

NGHFB
Paul McCartney 
Crowded House
Lorde
Haim
Wolf Alice
Diana Ross
Bicep
Skunk Anansie
Sugababes.                                 Jamie Webster 

• Upvote 1

I haven't been on here in years but it's sad to see Neil has become even worse in the interim. I remember thinking he was arrogant and rude back then but it seems to have reached a point where his temperament is actively damaging the forum.

Could a group of users not club together to create an alternate space? Or maybe a Discord group? They're relatively easy to set up and it seems like a decent solution, especially if this place is as much of a burden to Neil as he claims.

on the line-up, it's obviously very subjective and totally depends on the individual, but this is the first time i can remember where there's nothing at all i'm really interested in seeing. it's fucking weird! my list is like.....ok well i'd like to see k dot, although i haven't really liked what he's put out since 2015 and there's a load of other rappers i'd be more interested in seeing, and i guess megan thee stallion might be interesting and i like a couple of her tunes, ok maybe it would be cool to see nubya garcia but its not like i'd bother seeing her if she was playing in my city, maybe nia archieves would be fun....usually there's a couple of things on Glade that i'm dead up for and a couple of indie bands that i love and have wanted to see for ages, but none of that this year.

it's alright though coz i know i can have a dance and there'll be a load of d&b and techno about. unusually uninteresting line-up for me though. 

Edited by diningroomchairstorage

4 minutes ago, diningroomchairstorage said:

on the line-up, it's obviously very subjective and totally depends on the individual, but this is the first time i can remember where there's nothing at all i'm really interested in seeing. it's fucking weird! my list is like.....ok well i'd like to see k dot, although i haven't really liked what he's put out since 2015 and there's a load of other rappers i'd be more interested in seeing, and i guess megan thee stallion might be interesting and i like a couple of her tunes, ok maybe it would be cool to see nubya garcia but its not like i'd bother seeing her if she was playing in my city, maybe nia archieves would be fun....usually there's a couple of things on Glade that i'm dead up for and a couple of indie bands that i love and have wanted to see for ages, but none of that this year.

it's alright though coz i know i can have a dance and there'll be a load of d&b and techno about. unusually uninteresting line-up for me though. 

Weirdly for me its the opposite - it's easily the one where I like the most on the initial poster from all those I've been to. I think it's because I've got more accepting of/into pop music and generally explored more than I would normally during the pandemic. That's led to me wanting to see way more than normal, which obviously means feeling like i'm missing way more than normal!

23 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Yup. Try this every year but still end up making my 4 league tables 😭

Won't bore people with 2nd Division to 4th Division, but Prem (Must See) are:

NGHFB
Paul McCartney 
Crowded House
Lorde
Haim
Wolf Alice
Diana Ross
Bicep
Skunk Anansie
Sugababes.                                 Jamie Webster 

Noel and McCartney for definite, Sam Fender and Wolf Alice beyond that. 

Me re the line up. It's full of people Ive seen before, wouldnt mind seeing for the first time, but not MUST see & people I have no interest in.

So far Diana Ross is the only 100% must see. Everyone else I'd be happy to see or have no interest in. Nothing is "oh my god, I have to see x, y or Z & I've never seen them before"

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

1 minute ago, JoeyT said:

Getting big doubts about 24th being the full lineup drop.

Someone tell me it’ll be okay 😭

Its the date I heard, but am doubting it now I've realised it's Sunday