LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

I had an amazing time at Great Escape last week, it got me very excited for Glastonbury! Quite a few of the bands I saw had a 'perfect for Williams Green' vibe so I'm really looking forward to that coming out and hopefully a few of them are on there. Have they had their own announcement before or do we have to wait for the full line-up?

13 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

*quickly tries to think of something to do with announcements before this decends into another argument*

So... maybe we'll get another evening announcement like Arcadia and T&C.

Can I give you a hug 😊

Just now, Gingerfish79 said:

I had an amazing time at Great Escape last week, it got me very excited for Glastonbury! Quite a few of the bands I saw had a 'perfect for Williams Green' vibe so I'm really looking forward to that coming out and hopefully a few of them are on there. Have they had their own announcement before or do we have to wait for the full line-up?

Ditto! The Great Escape was fabulous. Glad I saw Katy J Pearson, but if the likes of Muna, Dea Matrona, Panic Shack, Peaness, Me Rex, Kills Birds and Grace Cummings end up on the bill I'll be delighted

19 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

*quickly tries to think of something to do with announcements before this decends into another argument*

So... maybe we'll get another evening announcement like Arcadia and T&C.

Ummm….Anyone see Basil Brush got announced yesterday, great news!

4 minutes ago, Hotchilidog said:

Ditto! The Great Escape was fabulous. Glad I saw Katy J Pearson, but if the likes of Muna, Dea Matrona, Panic Shack, Peaness, Me Rex, Kills Birds and Grace Cummings end up on the bill I'll be delighted

I also loved Panic Shack, Peaness and Kills Birds! Really loved Enola Gay, Kid Kapichi and Crawlers. I was massively impressed with a lot of the localish bands on the Alt Escape, they wont be anywhere near the Glastonbury bill just yet, but I will be keenly following the likes of Snayx, Monakis, Arxx and Libralibra. Fantastic local music scene down there!

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

Lineup is fantastic considering how many bands aren't touring at the moment.  

Crowded House, Rufus, Scream, Khruangbin, Sleafords, Supergrass, Bonobo, Plant & Krauss, Macca, Avalanches, Orbital, Billy Nomates, Herbie, Diana, Pet Shop Boys, Noel G (if he brings the Oasis tunes), Seun Kuti, Snarky Puppy, Nubya Garcia, Nightmares on Wax, Terry Reid, Amyl & the Sniffers, Courtney Barnett, Little Simz, Squid, Elbow, Sigrid, Tom Robinson Band, The Damned, Gong, Marshall Jefferson.....and a few more to be added.

30 odd acts. Would watch all of them. Our group getting excited now. Transport etc getting booked, looking at places to stop and pick up booze etc. 

Have Orbital been officially announced? Haven't seen them on any line ups so far so have been hoping they are on a main stage or maybe Block 9.

4 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

Have Orbital been officially announced? Haven't seen them on any line ups so far so have been hoping they are on a main stage or maybe Block 9.

Don't think there ia anything official yet but a strong rumour that they were due to be on Arcadia I think. Whether the fact they weren't on it means that info was wrong or whether they could be special guests. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Don't think there ia anything official yet but a strong rumour that they were due to be on Arcadia I think. Whether the fact they weren't on it means that info was wrong or whether they could be special guests. 

I heard they were going to be in Silver Hayes, but same effect - that didn't happen either.