LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

2 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

I hope so @gigpusher. I'd genuinely love the full lineup next week but if we don't get news today I will start to be a tad concerned. The week after just feels more likely.

Hell, if it wasn't for Cineramageddon I'd be completely sold on the 1st of June. 

Did feel like we needed something today to be on track for Tuesday. 

1 minute ago, zeppelin said:

I hope so @gigpusher. I'd genuinely love the full lineup next week but if we don't get news today I will start to be a tad concerned. The week after just feels more likely.

Hell, if it wasn't for Cineramageddon I'd be completely sold on the 1st of June. 

At the very latest I have to imagine we'll get it before the bank holiday so either way not too long to go. 

I was really hoping for the full drop on the 24th to try and inspire some hype among my group. On top of some other personal difficulties in the last few weeks, the lack of excitement among my group is really impacting my own feelings about it in the run-up.

🤞 Really hope there are some tasty morsels this week to help stoke the hype-fire.

4 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

I was really hoping for the full drop on the 24th to try and inspire some hype among my group. On top of some other personal difficulties in the last few weeks, the lack of excitement among my group is really impacting my own feelings about it in the run-up.

🤞 Really hope there are some tasty morsels this week to help stoke the hype-fire.

It's funny, the hype level for people I know that are going is a bit middling as well. Not quite sure why but I thought we'd all be absolutely chomping at the bit right now. Maybe just the current state of the world is making is hard to get really stoked for stuff, but yeah I'm hoping the full drop rekindles the fire. 

6 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

There is a lack of excitement in my group too. Mainly due to the line up I think. But It's also 3 years since we last went. People have other priorites now. A child, new job etc. 

Im worried if Ill hack it tbh!

3 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I'm very excited about the line up! It's brilliant. 

I'm more excited about the lineup than the festival, if that makes sense? I love the festival, it's a magic place, but maybe the time away has made me forget a bit of that magic? There's also a few headaches are getting in/out this year as well for me which isn't helping, but yeah the lineup is what I'm most excited for!

I think this years line up is perfect.  Loads of acts I would like to see and very few that are essential to see.  Should be great music all weekend without to many depressing clashes causing a weekend of FOMO.  

7 minutes ago, jparx said:

I'm more excited about the lineup than the festival, if that makes sense? I love the festival, it's a magic place, but maybe the time away has made me forget a bit of that magic? There's also a few headaches are getting in/out this year as well for me which isn't helping, but yeah the lineup is what I'm most excited for!

Its the opposite for me. Not really fussed about line up but excited to be at the festival itself

bit worried by the lack of info from Earache regarding the return of the Scum stage - i bloody loved it in there and before that the tube carriage, and think an area dedicated to heavier things is important in terms of diversification of musical choices (particularly after headliners, where its all dance music with barely a nod to anything else)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, balti-pie said:

bit worried by the lack of info from Earache regarding the return of the Scum stage - i bloody loved it in there and before that the tube carriage, and think an area dedicated to heavier things is important in terms of diversification of musical choices (particularly after headliners, where its all dance music with barely a nod to anything else)

I'll be really disappointed if it isn't there. It's my first time and was looking forward to that!

Lineup is fantastic considering how many bands aren't touring at the moment.  

Crowded House, Rufus, Scream, Khruangbin, Sleafords, Supergrass, Bonobo, Plant & Krauss, Macca, Avalanches, Orbital, Billy Nomates, Herbie, Diana, Pet Shop Boys, Noel G (if he brings the Oasis tunes), Seun Kuti, Snarky Puppy, Nubya Garcia, Nightmares on Wax, Terry Reid, Amyl & the Sniffers, Courtney Barnett, Little Simz, Squid, Elbow, Sigrid, Tom Robinson Band, The Damned, Gong, Marshall Jefferson.....and a few more to be added.

30 odd acts. Would watch all of them. Our group getting excited now. Transport etc getting booked, looking at places to stop and pick up booze etc. 

10 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

9 minutes ago, Lushroom said:

I'll be really disappointed if it isn't there. It's my first time and was looking forward to that!

I think it will be there. They've not confirmed but Earache Records were liking and (if I remember correctly) retweeting Shangri-La stuff on the day of their announcement.

Could just be acts playing though.

Edited by Gnomicide

I think there is a slight lull right now whilst we are all waiting for the full line up with times. The West holts announcement will only temper this for a short while. Once build pics start arriving on the website in June anticipation will hit the roof. Hopefully some more cheer on this site as well might help, the last two days has been a tad disappointing to read. I do understand peoples gripes though.

Edited by ghandi
Spelling

It's interesting, as for me the last couple of years have been a real test of getting excited for things. There have been so many things I've looked forward to so much that have been cancelled, postponed, etc etc. So now I feel like I subconsciously try not to get too excited for things as I have this fear that well until you're there it might not happen. Very symptomatic of the past couple of years but wonder if it's just me or plays a role for others too.

I need this full lineup though because there are so many I want to see I need to find out what clashes I need to wrestle with 😢

I was going to let it all go, just walk away and leave Neil with his rapidly crumbling empire, but there is something I feel the need to say first.

Neil,

You would do well to remember that you would not be going anywhere this summer without “idiots” like me and “c**ts” like ddiamond. For those who aren’t aware a number of us long term posters clubbed together to provide Neil with the means he needs to attend the festival this year. He has never thanked us.

Neil regards, in his own words, the contributors to this site as “customers”. He doesn’t give a toss about any of us other than a means to drive revenue and subscriptions, and that’s fine. Personally I would suggest that those of us, the very people he has alienated with his shite recently, have been the ones who have kept this site going through the dark times recently and produce the atmosphere that entices new people in.

However when we all put our hands in our pockets to help Neil when he needed it that was not a financial transaction, it was an act of friendship. An act he has thrown back into the faces of those who contributed, and that is what hurts (Neil you may want to question why two “trolls” would personally contribute to your personal well-being).

Neil, you are fucking ungrateful.

But anyway, and sorry for going on but I’ve never flounced before, we’re well beyond apologies now and I don’t believe one would ever come anyway. It’s a real shame because I almost enjoy the build up to the festival on here as much as the actual festival itself. Sadly my excitement for all things Glastonbury has died a little over the last 24 hours.

Not that it really matters anymore but Neil has been lying too. I have never posted under any name other than Hugh Jass, nor have I held “alt accounts”. My first account was deleted accidentally by Neil, and if proof is required please check the first reply to the thread below where Neil corroborated this. Rather than just be a man and admitted he was wrong he has lied and doubled down.

To you Neil I genuinely and sincerely hope you get the help you need. You clearly do not enjoy doing this so I hope you find something that makes you happy.

To the rest of you, take care. Have a fantastic festival and who knows? I might even see you at the meet (got a feeling it’s going to be a fun one this year)

So long. And. Thank for all the fish.

HJ (third best eFester of all time)

x

PS I know this is going to be taken down almost immediately, which is why I’m taking the liberty of posting it on a few other threads….

• Like 7
  • Upvote 12

8 minutes ago, Riggins said:

There have been so many things I've looked forward to so much that have been cancelled, postponed, etc etc. So now I feel like I subconsciously try not to get too excited for things as I have this fear that well until you're there it might not happen. Very symptomatic of the past couple of years but wonder if it's just me or plays a role for others too.

Oh god this, 100%, definitely.

Though that might just be the pessimistic football fan in me awaiting disaster just as everything looks rosy 😆

9 minutes ago, Riggins said:

It's interesting, as for me the last couple of years have been a real test of getting excited for things. There have been so many things I've looked forward to so much that have been cancelled, postponed, etc etc. So now I feel like I subconsciously try not to get too excited for things as I have this fear that well until you're there it might not happen. Very symptomatic of the past couple of years but wonder if it's just me or plays a role for others too.

Defo. I was at End of the Road last year which scratched that itch so I remember now!

14 minutes ago, Hugh Jass 3 said:

I was going to let it all go, just walk away and leave Neil with his rapidly crumbling empire, but there is something I feel the need to say first.

Neil,

You would do well to remember that you would not be going anywhere this summer without “idiots” like me and “c**ts” like ddiamond. For those who aren’t aware a number of us long term posters clubbed together to provide Neil with the means he needs to attend the festival this year. He has never thanked us.

Neil regards, in his own words, the contributors to this site as “customers”. He doesn’t give a toss about any of us other than a means to drive revenue and subscriptions, and that’s fine. Personally I would suggest that those of us, the very people he has alienated with his shite recently, have been the ones who have kept this site going through the dark times recently and produce the atmosphere that entices new people in.

However when we all put our hands in our pockets to help Neil when he needed it that was not a financial transaction, it was an act of friendship. An act he has thrown back into the faces of those who contributed, and that is what hurts (Neil you may want to question why two “trolls” would personally contribute to your personal well-being).

Neil, you are fucking ungrateful.

But anyway, and sorry for going on but I’ve never flounced before, we’re well beyond apologies now and I don’t believe one would ever come anyway. It’s a real shame because I almost enjoy the build up to the festival on here as much as the actual festival itself. Sadly my excitement for all things Glastonbury has died a little over the last 24 hours.

Not that it really matters anymore but Neil has been lying too. I have never posted under any name other than Hugh Jass, nor have I held “alt accounts”. My first account was deleted accidentally by Neil, and if proof is required please check the first reply to the thread below where Neil corroborated this. Rather than just be a man and admitted he was wrong he has lied and doubled down.

To you Neil I genuinely and sincerely hope you get the help you need. You clearly do not enjoy doing this so I hope you find something that makes you happy.

To the rest of you, take care. Have a fantastic festival and who knows? I might even see you at the meet (got a feeling it’s going to be a fun one this year)

So long. And. Thank for all the fish.

HJ (third best eFester of all time)

x

PS I know this is going to be taken down almost immediately, which is why I’m taking the liberty of posting it on a few other threads….

Well said. Sad to see what has happened to this site, a site I once found a lot of solace on.