LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

37 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Posting in a third thread because I think the discussions warrants it 😂

I'm not sure if this has already been clocked but I've just been on Four Tet's website and he lists:

24 June - Park Stage

25 June - Arcadia 

Guessing that'll be headlining Park so a serious option for me on the Friday. 

Good spot. Makes me think though, do you think they'll have Four Tet headlining Park one night, then Caribou the next? Feels weird to me, they usually have more variety in the headliners.

27 minutes ago, jparx said:

I’ve seen everyone predicted Park and West Holts to drop, but I believe it’s only the last two festivals (WH) and last festival (Park) that they’ve had specific announcements. If the 24th is correct, perhaps we don’t get full posters for those? We’ve not really had long enough of these specific area announcements to have a full precedent I don’t think.

I think we'll only get one of them, and I bet it's just West Holts this week.

50 minutes ago, moogster said:

same here, come on Park, this is where I want my Glasto to end! Although I think they'll save that one for last... 😞

By the way should we get the full line up next Tuesday, would that be more around lunch time or evening? Historically speaking? I do need to book my day working from home . * cough *

2017 was 10am but 2019 was midday. 

Urgh a lot of my colleagues already booked a home office day next Tuesday. Either they are all going to Glasto (not) or I am just unlucky (we need to have a min amount of people in the office).

On the plus side, less people to glance at my screen during the afternoon!

Someone has messaged me this morning to say they have heard John Peel won't be until June.

I have seen photos of them backstage at JP so I know they have some connection there and, of course, Emily said June.

Having said that, I do think all signs are pointing to next week.

2 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Someone has messaged me this morning to say they have heard John Peel won't be until June.

I have seen photos of them backstage at JP so I know they have some connection there and, of course, Emily said June.

Yikes, that would be a real rug pull moment. Need those times asap dammit. I've got a couple gigs i'm on the fence on and it depends on the clash situation at Glastonbury...be good to have a clear picture soon.

1 minute ago, Gnomicide said:

I bloody hope it's next week. I am going to need time with the playlist to try and sort through the inevitable clashes. 

2 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I was thinking this myself.

Another couple of announcements this week.

A couple next week and then full lineup on Weds 1st June before the bumper bank holiday weekend...

I think today and tomorrow will be the pointers. Get something that wasn't in the pre-lineup schedule for 2019 and it throws out the number of spaces. 

Cineramageddon must be before the 25th and that normally comes out after the full drop but they do get PR from the official site. Their account liked a post I made on Twitter last night about line-up posters coming thick and fast. That in itself doesn't mean anything. 

All adds a bit of extra excitement though, doesn't it?

Edited by Gnomicide
Area mix up.

3 hours ago, kalifire said:

It's a nightmare, isn't it? I'm feeling that both PSB and Bicep would bring the vibes you'd want on a Sunday to see out the festival, but Kendrick will bring the 'moment' that won't happen again. I'm going Kendrick but I'll be jealous of you at Bicep.

PSB is an act I definitely won't see again and i'd never pay for them myself, whereas i'll no doubt see Bicep a load more times. I have no idea who my group wants, probably Bicep i would have thought currently.

Just now, Gnomicide said:

Glastonbury-on-Sea must be before the 25th and that normally comes out after the full drop but they do get PR from the official site. Their account liked a post I made on Twitter last night about line-up posters coming thick and fast. That in itself doesn't mean anything. 

All adds a bit of extra excitement though, doesn't it?

I kinda think that there may not be much to actually announce for Glastonbury-on-Sea, or at least not enough that justifies special attention.

Obviously last time out it was a new thing and so they wanted to promote it - this time it's "just" a returning part of the festival with no scheduled entertainment - so depending on how much of it is changed from 2019 it may make more sense just to update the area page on the website and put the details in the programme. In much the same way that the Green Crafts Field wouldn't get a poster.

(now watch someone dig out a poster from Green Crafts).

1 hour ago, zeppelin said:

Posting in a third thread because I think the discussions warrants it 😂

I'm not sure if this has already been clocked but I've just been on Four Tet's website and he lists:

24 June - Park Stage

25 June - Arcadia 

Guessing that'll be headlining Park so a serious option for me on the Friday. 

Chances of this being a Macca clash? 🤞

26 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

I was thinking this myself.

Another couple of announcements this week.

A couple next week and then full lineup on Weds 1st June before the bumper bank holiday weekend...

Yes, the full lineup coinciding with the start of ticket dispatch, hope old Lizzies bank hol doesn’t delay the tickets. 

My birthday is June 4th smack bang in the middle of jubilee weekend and il be at a festival so it would make my weekend if they announced it then, although not sure il be in any fit state to read it 😂 especially with how they format it 

Edited by Claire0406

19 minutes ago, incident said:

I kinda think that there may not be much to actually announce for Glastonbury-on-Sea, or at least not enough that justifies special attention.

Obviously last time out it was a new thing and so they wanted to promote it - this time it's "just" a returning part of the festival with no scheduled entertainment - so depending on how much of it is changed from 2019 it may make more sense just to update the area page on the website and put the details in the programme. In much the same way that the Green Crafts Field wouldn't get a poster.

(now watch someone dig out a poster from Green Crafts).

Sorry, I meant Cineramageddon, not GoS.