LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I mean....it's not bad, but not quite as fun a booking. Particularly when noone really knows if he's still got much of a fan base any more or the field is gonna look like an Emili Sande.

While yes, its very hard to suddenly find a fill a stadium /headline any festival in the world act, that will play Glastonbury on the cheap, in a year where everyone's touring schedules are full. 

I think if there was a genuine act of that size, someone would of noticed a tour where the dates give enough gap for a Glastonbury performance. 

Unless its an act not touring at all.

The National were a big surprise on the main poster a few years ago, well to this chat anyway from memory no one had predicted it. Although I still get a bit sad thinking about that performance, don’t play so many new ones at a short festival set

5 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I think The Sun scooped that a few months in advance.

Mikey Cyrus was also on the 2019 poster and was an out of the blue, sizeable booking. Same for Katy Perry in 2017. Not sure either of them featured in anyone's predictions pre-festival

5 hours ago, Junglist1981 said:

What’s the biggest full line up surprise to date? I know there’s been a couple but I can’t remember. 

I think Portishead in 2013 was a total surprise weren't they, and first time they were mentioned was when the poster dropped? Might be wrong but it was the first band that really stood out to me from the poster drop

1 hour ago, Gwladboy said:

That was hilarious and further compounded by how awful the performance actually was. Sorry Jan Fans.

Ha ha I forgot about her strangely obsessed number one megafan that used to post on these forums… Did he come back here after her shit performance?

So according to @Gnomicidewe have 5 announcements left. In order of size, Pilton Palais, Unfairground, Block 9, The Park, West Holts. Would love to get another 2 this week, I would guess Unfairground & Block 9 and save Park, WH for next week. PP can come out anytime. Of course probably completely wrong. 

9 minutes ago, al_coholic said:

So according to @Gnomicidewe have 5 announcements left. In order of size, Pilton Palais, Unfairground, Block 9, The Park, West Holts. Would love to get another 2 this week, I would guess Unfairground & Block 9 and save Park, WH for next week. PP can come out anytime. Of course probably completely wrong. 

If we're to get them all by Tuesday, when the big reveal is rumoured, they need to do one per work day. I know of one coming on Friday and another is strongly rumoured for this week. I think we'll get them all, question is probably which one saved until Monday?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, al_coholic said:

I know it sounds like wishful thinking but I think we'll get West Holts this week.

6 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

I know it sounds like wishful thinking but I think we'll get West Holts this week.

I think we’ll get them all with Pilton Palais and Unfairground being the first double area announcement on the same day…

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

If we're to get them all by Tuesday, when the big reveal is rumoured, they need to do one per work day. I know of one coming on Friday and another is strongly rumoured for this week. I think we'll get them all, question is probably which one saved until Monday?

When we say big reveal are we talking times as well or just that giant poster?