LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

1 hour ago, Beaver89 said:

Let me introduce you to my rules for deciding on a clash:

1. Have I seen them before?
  2. Would I pay to see them on their own terms?

If the answer to both for one artist is yes, go for the other one. If the answer is no for both go and see that one. If you have the same answer for both artists it's a coin flip or how you feel on the day.

From what you've said, it sounds like if the worst happens - both go and see Macca. Charli will have a full blown tour soon, will return to Glasto and will be going for a lot longer that Sir Paul has left.

That checklist really doesn't work for me for this scenario. I've not seen Macca and wouldn't pay to see him purely for how daft his prices can be... But I want to see him.
For Charli, I've seen her about a dozen times (In fact, we're seeing her twice next week) and yeah I'd pay to watch her again.

1 hour ago, Junglist1981 said:

Yeah but what if his Mrs really doesn't wanna go see Macca? 😁

And then this... Yeah, this.

I know I'm going to really regret not watching one of them either way. Let's just try and will Charli on Sunday into existence... Especially because we were pinning our hopes on Billie/Macca/Charli as our headliners. If there's no Charli on Sunday, I can't say that there's anything that currently interests us on Sunday 😬

It might just be me being a bit of a misery guts, but I'm just not feeling it at the moment. Hopefully all of those feelings disappear as soon as I get that wristband on.

8 minutes ago, K2SO said:

That checklist really doesn't work for me for this scenario. I've not seen Macca and wouldn't pay to see him purely for how daft his prices can be... But I want to see him.
For Charli, I've seen her about a dozen times (In fact, we're seeing her twice next week) and yeah I'd pay to watch her again.

And then this... Yeah, this.

I know I'm going to really regret not watching one of them either way. Let's just try and will Charli on Sunday into existence... Especially because we were pinning our hopes on Billie/Macca/Charli as our headliners. If there's no Charli on Sunday, I can't say that there's anything that currently interests us on Sunday 😬

It might just be me being a bit of a misery guts, but I'm just not feeling it at the moment. Hopefully all of those feelings disappear as soon as I get that wristband on.

I was assuming "Do I want to see them?" as given. I knew I was forgetting one: Will I get a chance to see them again? There are others of course but it boils down to those initial two most of the time.

For you at least, if you are going to regret not seeing Macca and you see Charli that often then I'd still say go for Macca. If your missus doesn't want to go to Macca then you can split (I know you said you didn't want to but sometimes needs must). Also you might find on the night that you want some power pop rather than an old crusty anyway.

I once had almost the same situation (albeit lower stakes). Both me and OH are big Frank Turner fans and while we see him almost every chance, he does play Glasto often. I was also into Courtney Barnett at the time (Sometimes I Just Sit tour) while she wasn't. They were both second on on Other and Pyramid respectively with exactly the same stage timings iirc. I made the call to see Courtney and my other half went to Frank. To this day I still think about how bad the clash was but I don't regret it. I saw something different and had a good time - to me that is as much what festivals are about as seeing your faves.

Fingers crossed it doesn't come to it for you though!

PS. Macca is due to be on for 2 hours Charli won't be. If the clash happens, depending on which stage and position Charli is on - you could do both, one way or the other. Don't panic just yet. 2-3 weeks to go until we find out.

3 minutes ago, AnonAnon said:

@JoeyTThat's my thinking, maybe even the cinema tent.  Then JP & West holts next week.  Followed by Park, Other the week after and then, full announcement, with Pyramid the week after that.

Pyramid, Other, JP dont get their own announcements... They'll all come on the final poster. Which has been touted for May 24th

5 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Think the Common might be giving some stage and day splits today based on a reply to my tweet to Lazy Habits. 

When they accidentally gave their release date away, did they just say the stages would come later or did they give a date? I can't remember.

The Rum Shack were naming a few of theirs on Instagram yesterday.

3 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

When they accidentally gave their release date away, did they just say the stages would come later or did they give a date? I can't remember.

They gave a date. I can't remember precisely when it was, but it was close to the 24th but not exactly that.

14 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Yes they did give a date. Can't remember it now though 😄 

This is his reply to me. 

image.thumb.png.615bd1dc313bd1831dc1c5b687412bf5.png

2 minutes ago, EFC1996 said:

We’re getting close now to the full line up, they’re coming in thick and fast. Are we going for 10 am again today ?

I think so. They've obviously figured out how to schedule tweets and site updates. They sometimes used to come out at times around the hour mark, 2020 was at 18:58 and the site could have updated a few minutes before the tweet.

• Like 1

I'm having doubts about the biggy coming on the 24th.

It effectively means an announcement today + one a day next week (on assumption they don't do an area announcement on Mon 23rd)

Call me pessimistic but I'm not sure I see that happening?

If we were to take what Emily said at facevalue in March (or whenever it was?) then we're looking at June anyhow which allows for 1 announcement today, 3 announcements next week, 2 the week after then perhaps the full drop on June 1st prior to the Jubilee bank holiday?

Just now, JoeyT said:

It effectively means an announcement today + one a day next week (on assumption they don't do an area announcement on Mon 23rd)

If we were to take what Emily said at facevalue in March (or whenever it was?) then we're looking at June anyhow which allows for 1 announcement today, 3 announcements next week, 2 the week after then perhaps the full drop on June 1st prior to the Jubilee bank holiday?

There's always the possibility of more than one in a day?

1 minute ago, JoeyT said:

There is also no guarantee that each area will get a separate announcement poster; personally I'm always a bit surprised, yet grateful, that West Holts and The Park do. 

1 minute ago, JoeyT said:

Just because a stage or area had an announcement of its own in a previous year doesn't mean it has to have one this year so we might just get a few less announcements.