LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

1 hour ago, JSmurphy said:

I felt Fonatines were a possible JP headliner so my chances of catching them has slightly increased if that Jamie T info is accurate!

What Jamie T info ?

17 hours ago, kemosabe said:

Just before the mainstage headliners start. We saw Billy Bragg then walked over for Tame Impala last time. 

Great, thats a game changer, two headliners in one night, Billy bonus .

16 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Fontaine's as Park Saturday. Charli on John peel, Saturday Jamie t on jp Sunday. Makes a lot of sense. I think you would need another guitar band on the Sunday otherwise Jamie will be packed.

I think Caribou is nailed on for that Park Saturday slot 

Oh I really hope Charli is on Sunday. There's only 5 acts I definitely want to catch over the weekend; Billie, Macca, Confidence Man, Kurupt FM and Charli.

For some strange reason, I still don't feel excited for the festival and that's just felt like a kick in the nuts if Charli is on Saturday

21 minutes ago, K2SO said:

Oh I really hope Charli is on Sunday. There's only 5 acts I definitely want to catch over the weekend; Billie, Macca, Confidence Man, Kurupt FM and Charli.

For some strange reason, I still don't feel excited for the festival and that's just felt like a kick in the nuts if Charli is on Saturday

The Who's Playing What Day thread has ruled Chali out for Friday so you've got a 50/50 chance as it stands

Just now, Beaver89 said:

The Who's Playing What Day thread has ruled Chali out for Friday so you've got a 50/50 chance as it stands

Yeah I had tickets for her gig on that Friday, not realising the dates. It's a Banquet show, so we assumed it was going to be happening last month when the album was released. Very annoying.

I'm going to be devastated if she clashes with Macca. My girlfriend loves Charli and will go and watch her over literally anything... I really don't want to watch things without her or leave her on her own, but I also don't want to miss my chance to see Macca.

23 minutes ago, K2SO said:

Yeah I had tickets for her gig on that Friday, not realising the dates. It's a Banquet show, so we assumed it was going to be happening last month when the album was released. Very annoying.

I'm going to be devastated if she clashes with Macca. My girlfriend loves Charli and will go and watch her over literally anything... I really don't want to watch things without her or leave her on her own, but I also don't want to miss my chance to see Macca.

Let me introduce you to my rules for deciding on a clash:

1. Have I seen them before?
  2. Would I pay to see them on their own terms?

If the answer to both for one artist is yes, go for the other one. If the answer is no for both go and see that one. If you have the same answer for both artists it's a coin flip or how you feel on the day.

From what you've said, it sounds like if the worst happens - both go and see Macca. Charli will have a full blown tour soon, will return to Glasto and will be going for a lot longer that Sir Paul has left.

46 minutes ago, K2SO said:

Honestly if you bot want to do different things, do different things. Arrange a meeting point afterwards and discuss what a great time you both had. If one of you goes to an act you don't want to be at it will just annoy you. 

1 minute ago, fightoffyour said:

Getting ready for the Charli on Saturday scenario by looking at some of the longest headliner sets recently, The Boss and The Stones. Both started an hour and 15 minutes before the JP headliner did, so could be an hour at the Pyramid then move.

Lorde or Doja cat are most likely headlining the other which would make Charli XCX more likely for the Sunday

19 minutes ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

Lorde or Doja cat are most likely headlining the other which would make Charli XCX more likely for the Sunday

What.... Lorde might be Saturday Other up against Macca?

Well that's a kick in my fucking balls.