LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

12 minutes ago, Smeble said:

Some DJ’s don’t do it live? The whole superstar knob twiddler thing is baffling at the best of times but miming playing other peoples records is taking the piss 

nah some DJ's have a pre-recorded sets, but you see this more when you get into the huge name DJ's/Poser DJ's like Paris Hilton and all the 2010's EDM kinda stuff . It's not limited to that though it could be anyone.

mainly from what I can gather it's because if you've got a light and show production at somewhere like Tomorrowland, it's less stress to just have a pre-recorded set that's already in sync with the rest of the production. A DJ should be able to read a crowd and play accordingly to that crowd but if you're going to watch Guetta then you're going to watch him and his tracks if that makes sense?

I don't agree with it either,  give me a DJ that fucks up every now and again and laughs it off and can play a multitude of stuff 

Edited by Obiginnaw

4 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Someone went to a club where Bez was the guest DJ. He saw Bez beforehand and asked what set up he was using. Bez showed him his iPhone 

Saw Bez at the now defunct wickerman festival  in sctoland...about 10 years ago.someone else actually did the DJing while Bez shouted "och eye the noo" repeatedly and drank whatever anyone in the crowd handed him.

It.was.awesome!

1 hour ago, gigpusher said:

I actually think for a lot of households of real music lovers generational differences aren't as prevalent. One of my main gig going mates is about 8 years older than me and has a son who is almost 20 and they swap and share music all the time. Obviously lots of household where parents still only listen to what they did as teenagers but not as many as there would have been for my generation for example. I am mid 40's and my mother had mostly appalling taste in music and my Dads taste was limited to Buddy Holly and Simon and Garfunkel. 

1 hour ago, Mamba said:

I think a lot of that is down to how music is consumed these days. In 1998, unless your parents had Led Zeppelin records in the house, teenagers weren't listening to them. Anyone can listen to Oasis if they want these days, and have never really left the mainstream.

Spot on, this. In my childhood & teens through the 80s and 90s, I could count on one hand the number of friends whose parents had any sort of record/cassette/CD collection. Apart from the few exceptions, sharing music with our parents just was not a thing. 

Compare that to today where if I’m talking to my daughter about almost any band, DJ or act and I can play her some tracks immediately on Spotify or YouTube. It’s totally different and really changes the dynamic - for the better IMO!

1 hour ago, Junglist1981 said:

If you think about it heritage DJ sets must be on the verge of becoming a thing. For instance, Sasha and Digweed put out their first Renaissance mix cd 30 years ago!

Heritage DJs are definitely a thing. Luckily Sasha and Digweed have moved with the times and play pretty up-front cutting-edge stuff still. Some of the '90s DJs are still anthem bashing handbag house in Stoke On Trent. 

Edited by David_303

21 minutes ago, David_303 said:

Heritage DJs are definitely a thing. Luckily Sasha and Digweed have moved with the times and play pretty up-front cutting-edge stuff still. Some of the '90s DJs are still anthem bashing handbag house in Stoke On Trent. 

Oh shit that never occurred to me. I guess someone like Judge Jules would be a heritage DJ these days right?

40 minutes ago, Jetshymotion said:

Thanks, both - been wondering the same! Is this the bigger thread?

That's certainly a good find, but I'd been thinking I'd read something with more posts on that subject since March - mind you I don't doubt that some regs will pop up and update the info in due course. 

4 hours ago, Boomtowner said:

That's definitely looking the best option for me, but it's an early finish headliner. Need something to do after

What time does the Leftfield headliner finish? 11?