LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

11 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

West Holts for me too, saw more acts there in 2019 than any other stage - 6. 

Something mid/late afternoon that’s where I’ll likely be, and first acts on I often go to WH or Acoustic as I’m coming in via Gate C so it’s the convenient option. 

Nothing to do with Brothers Bar being there of course…

One of my top Glasto spots too, but my mates' routine starts earlier: we have a habit of gathering at WH as soon as it's starting (11 normally) for a breakfast Toffee Apple cider from the Bro's, with hopefully something chilled yet groovy and a bit jazz-worldy just coming on stage. What a perfect start to the day! (And it usually just gets better from there....)

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere but it looks like Idles are playing 3 sets

Screenshot_20220510-183512_Twitter.jpg

Yeah been talked about a bit elsewhere. Tbh I don’t think they’re gonna play three times and it’s much more likely that they’ve just listed all days because the festival hasn’t revealed days/times etc yet, but we shall see. They do love the place so certainly a band I could see being up for multiple sets, although they already did that in ‘19 so unsure if they’d repeat it this time. 

1 hour ago, mcshed said:

West Holts is class but it doesn't always get a pre-big drop announcement same with The Park.

It had a lovely poster last time, so I hope they do this year. 

F035740E-1F83-4208-8504-63B07410D5A6.jpeg

5 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I don't see enough at the West Holts, need to change that this year. Last time, all I saw was Janelle Monae

Best place to start the day. 

Great food, couple of Brothers and always something great to watch early doors. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I don't see enough at the West Holts, need to change that this year. Last time, all I saw was Janelle Monae

Well I guess if you were going to see just one act at WH, that'd be the one! What an incredible performance

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah been talked about a bit elsewhere. Tbh I don’t think they’re gonna play three times and it’s much more likely that they’ve just listed all days because the festival hasn’t revealed days/times etc yet, but we shall see. They do love the place so certainly a band I could see being up for multiple sets, although they already did that in ‘19 so unsure if they’d repeat it this time. 

Wouldn't they just put 'June 24-26'? Three sets seems unusual but actually less unusual than listing it three times.

5 hours ago, Boomtowner said:

That's what my group are waiting for.... that and Strummerville, they had an awesome Thursday line up in 2019

Agree - I love Strummerville and have seen some great bands there.  I seem to remember that Johnny Lloyd was really good - just before Frank Turner.  And the atmosphere up there is always chilled and friendly.

6 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

Agree - I love Strummerville and have seen some great bands there.  I seem to remember that Johnny Lloyd was really good - just before Frank Turner.  And the atmosphere up there is always chilled and friendly.

the hill sorts the wheat from the chaff

7 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

The Thursday of 2019 was phenomenal. We stayed for for about 7 hours, the longest time I've ever been stationary at Glastonbury. It was a lovely shaded spot, started with Broken Bones Matilda, who I love and culminated with an awesome Frank set. In the time in between, there was Tensheds, Ferris and Sylvester and Johnny, all of whom Mrs Boomtowner enjoys. Couldn't believe it when the line up was released