LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

12 minutes ago, Fishman said:

I blame The Thingy for telling GFHQ he was too busy today.

If we get one at 6pm I'm definitely laming him.

9 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Let's not throw the towel in yet there's still many hours in the day!

That's the spirit! Never say die. I have a video call at 2pm so one will probably drop then. 

Edited by gigpusher
typo

52 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

It would make sense given that there's only 10 weekdays between now and 24th May when the times / splits are rumored to be coming & there's still 9 areas announced in 2019 which haven't yet had their time to shine.

So either the biggy won't be coming until June (like Emily said originally) or some areas which had their own poster last time aren't going to this time?

We can't rule out more than one announcement on a certain day though! And there's also a chance we get a Saturday/Sunday announcement too.

Lack of announcements is beneficial for my progress on my dissertation at least 🙂 hopefully something will drop at 12:01pm tomorrow as a present for me handing it in!

4 minutes ago, gfa said:

Lack of announcements is beneficial for my progress on my dissertation at least 🙂 hopefully something will drop at 12:01pm tomorrow as a present for me handing it in!

What's your dissertation on? I have fond memories of doing mine right at the last minute 😄 

20 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

What's your dissertation on? I have fond memories of doing mine right at the last minute 😄 

Just finishing up thankfully - no help to this place though, it could have been done weeks ago! Just kidding, i'd have procrastinated some other way 😄 

I do Human Geography and its about public transport accessibility

2 minutes ago, gfa said:

Just finishing up thankfully - no help to this place though, it could have been done weeks ago! Just kidding, i'd have procrastinated some other way 😄 

Nice! Good luck with it! I’d be interested to know your take on the accessibility of the monorail 

1 minute ago, rascalpete said:

Nice! Good luck with it! I’d be interested to know your take on the accessibility of the monorail 

Monorails are considered one of the biggest wastes of money ever, not sure on the accessibility front but they are just awful. Save them for disney world!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, gfa said:

Cool. I'm sure you've found a way to shoe horn in public transport to Festivals 😄 

1 hour ago, gigpusher said:

Cool. I'm sure you've found a way to shoe horn in public transport to Festivals 😄 

image.png.8ef7f6d31dd0c3746fb238a9989a6cf2.png

Coming soon to a festival near you 🙂 

Edited by gfa
  • Like 1

Just now, Junglist1981 said:

West Holts is always my most anticipated! If the festival was just that stage I'd still go every year, love it there so much. 

Yeah Holts is the shit. Always packed full of great acts and generally just a great vibe all around, both watching acts or just chilling in between/on the off days. You can turn up almost any time and there’ll probably be something worth watching there. 

8 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah Holts is the shit. Always packed full of great acts and generally just a great vibe all around, both watching acts or just chilling in between/on the off days. You can turn up almost any time and there’ll probably be something worth watching there. 

Agreed. Our mates were talking about which stage you would pick if you could only stay at one for the whole festival. West Holts for me, loads of different genres and a good spread of smaller obscure and more well known acts. Love it there.

West Holts for me too, saw more acts there in 2019 than any other stage - 6. 

Something mid/late afternoon that’s where I’ll likely be, and first acts on I often go to WH or Acoustic as I’m coming in via Gate C so it’s the convenient option. 

Nothing to do with Brothers Bar being there of course…

2 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

West Holts for me too, saw more acts there in 2019 than any other stage - 6. 

Something mid/late afternoon that’s where I’ll likely be, and first acts on I often go to WH or Acoustic as I’m coming in via Gate C so it’s the convenient option. 

Nothing to do with Brothers Bar being there of course…

Same!

and err same.... haha!