LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

2 minutes ago, TheDayman said:

Ah, missed that. Where did that poster come from then? Is this going to be another Arcadia where acts I'd already banked on are going to disappear?? 🤦

It was another Coxy yes! But they don't usually have an official announcement and nobody has told anyone to take it down because it's incorrect so it may well be correct. It's certainly very believable. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

So are people expecting anything this afternoon or should I try and get some work done? 

It would make sense given that there's only 10 weekdays between now and 24th May when the times / splits are rumored to be coming & there's still 9 areas announced in 2019 which haven't yet had their time to shine.

So either the biggy won't be coming until June (like Emily said originally) or some areas which had their own poster last time aren't going to this time?

1 minute ago, JoeyT said:

It would make sense given that there's only 10 weekdays between now and 24th May when the times / splits are rumored to be coming & there's still 9 areas announced in 2019 which haven't yet had their time to shine.

So either the biggy won't be coming until June (like Emily said originally) or some areas which had their own poster last time aren't going to this time?

Surely they can't be expecting people to book cinema things without knowing the line up so Neil's intel must be correct. Incidentally Mr Gigpusher has just been summoned to Barcelona on the 24th so is likely to miss the big line up announcement. 

1 minute ago, gigpusher said:

Another non line up day tweet from the festival. Feels like they are trolling us now. On the plus side maybe they are saving all the announcements for Somerset day which is apparently tomorrow. 

i think they responded to me ... 🙂 

Surely if they're not announcing today it means it's because we're getting announcements wed, thu and fri because there's too much to announce. Thinking maybe they're not planning on announcing kidzfield this year, swapping it for that glasto latino announcement which came out around the same time kidzfield would.

1 minute ago, Acid_Haze said:

Surely if they're not announcing today it means it's because we're getting announcements wed, thu and fri because there's too much to announce. Thinking maybe they're not planning on announcing kidzfield this year, swapping it for that glasto latino announcement which came out around the same time kidzfield would.

They may not do any of the main stages until the big announcement. I'd be surprised if there wasn't a kidzfield announcement. Something to tell the kids about so they get as excited as us. 

2 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

They may not do any of the main stages until the big announcement. I'd be surprised if there wasn't a kidzfield announcement. Something to tell the kids about so they get as excited as us. 

If I know anything about kids you don’t tell them anything too far in advance. You’ll be getting nagged relentlessly about it until you get there. 

2 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Yeah i'm thinking if the full lineup is the 24th May, and we still have 8 areas to come out before then in only 9 week days, it's likely they may only announce 6 or 7 of those areas and miss 1 or 2 out. Maybe we won't get the Park :(

5 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

If I know anything about kids you don’t tell them anything too far in advance. You’ll be getting nagged relentlessly about it until you get there. 

Based on all of us you could argue it's the same for adults 😄 

When's the line up coming?, When's the line up coming?, When's the line up coming?, When's the line up coming? 😄 

• Upvote 2