LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

2 minutes ago, JackDoesDrawing said:

Hi folks, random question and not announcement related (hope that's ok to post here) but just wondered if anybody might know the answer with all the mighty glasto knowledge that floats around in the forum. Has there ever been a headliner you can remember who refused to have their set broadcast on TV? I'm going and my brother isn't and he's praying Kendrick's set is shown. Wondered if it was part of the contract agreements to show the sets or anything.

There was an issue with Rolling Stones the year they did it, think only a few tracks were shown.

3 minutes ago, JackDoesDrawing said:

Hi folks, random question and not announcement related (hope that's ok to post here) but just wondered if anybody might know the answer with all the mighty glasto knowledge that floats around in the forum. Has there ever been a headliner you can remember who refused to have their set broadcast on TV? I'm going and my brother isn't and he's praying Kendrick's set is shown. Wondered if it was part of the contract agreements to show the sets or anything.

Think there has been the odd one (Stones for example) where only a few highlights were allowed to be broadcast.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JackDoesDrawing said:

The closest we've had in the last 20 years was Neil Young, who only allowed I think it was 3 songs.

Below that, Leonard Cohen wasn't headlining, but outright refused to allow the BBC to even record let alone show his set.

It's not part of the contract the artist has with the festival, it's arranged separately and at the artists discretion - though the exposure they get is usually a large part of the reason for doing the Festival "on the cheap" so refusals would be very rare.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Neil had info, the Cinerama news backs it up. 

21 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I think that's when Neil has info that it will be.

21 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Info Neil received. 

Perfect , thanks everyone seems likely to me now. 

but as we know...#Thereisnopattern

7 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Emily has interacted with The Thingy on multiple occasions and is obviously aware that #ThereIsNoPattern - I wonder if she would do an 11am just to maintain that 😅

I reckon the entire festival team have this open in the office just for a laugh. 

Just now, DareToDibble said:

Not at all, there are at least 5 to go even if we don’t get separate announcements for all the same stages as 2019.

I did see a tick list of the smaller stages a couple of weeks ago, might have been Glasto Thingy on Twitter, not sure how many or which ones we've had now.  Which of the smaller stages are still to be released?

3 minutes ago, Padgey said:

I did see a tick list of the smaller stages a couple of weeks ago, might have been Glasto Thingy on Twitter, not sure how many or which ones we've had now.  Which of the smaller stages are still to be released?

Here's where we are up to

image.thumb.png.9feb2137972c7a58fd6be20a34c7755a.png

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, tumbles said:

Not a pyramid headliner but Massive Attack headlined the other on Sunday night in 2014 and it wasn't put on TV because of the content of their political messages between songs etc. 

what was their political messages?