LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

On 5/4/2022 at 12:33 PM, Matt42 said:

Dixon is a bit big isn’t he? Has he ever played?

Think people might have a misconception over some of these DJs. Two weekends back, straight from Cochella, I saw Dixon in Kampala, Uganda where he played to maybe 100 of us in a small bar at 4quid entry. He has played in Kenya the night before. Perhaps he's giving back to the people this summer, but I very much doubt Glastonbury have broken the bank to get him there. More likely he is quite looking forward to a unique gig, and I assume a few free tickets to the rest of the weekend! 

Anyway he was decent and i'll certainly be making an effort to see him again. 

WhatsApp Image 2022-04-30 at 6.25.19 PM.jpeg

35 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

My bets are on announcements from

-The Glade

-Block9

-Kidzfield

-Acoustic

This week.

Got my fingers crossed for Acoustic. 

19 minutes ago, jamesc415 said:

Think people might have a misconception over some of these DJs. Two weekends back, straight from Cochella, I saw Dixon in Kampala, Uganda where he played to maybe 100 of us in a small bar at 4quid entry. He has played in Kenya the night before. Perhaps he's giving back to the people this summer, but I very much doubt Glastonbury have broken the bank to get him there. More likely he is quite looking forward to a unique gig, and I assume a few free tickets to the rest of the weekend! 

Anyway he was decent and i'll certainly be making an effort to see him again. 

WhatsApp Image 2022-04-30 at 6.25.19 PM.jpeg

Yes I'm sure they hear about it from other DJ's and after a long time of not being able to play it's probably made people more likely to say yes to things. Besides how many millions does any one DJ really need??

Won’t say who but I used to have an DJ as a client in an old job, he’s not top tier but well known and respected. People not into house music probably never would’ve heard of him but those who are would. He used to get paid roughly 50k EUR or USD to do European or US festivals. Obviously Glastonbury couldn’t afford to pay all the bigger name DJs on the bill that much, then there was also that blog posted by Greg James saying the fee for Glastonbury was only a few hundred quid. I would guess some of the very top DJs do it for 5/10k max, if that.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

4 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Won’t say who but I used to have an DJ as a client in an old job, he’s not top tier but well known and respected. People not into house music probably never would’ve heard of him but those who are would. He used to get paid roughly 50k EUR or USD to do European or US festivals. Obviously Glastonbury couldn’t afford to pay all the bigger name DJs on the bill that much, then there was also that blog posted by Greg James saying the fee for Glastonbury was only a few hundred quid. I would guess some of the very top DJs do it for 5/10k max, if that.

Must have been a pretty big DJ to get 50K, that’s quite a bit for a set!

7 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Must have been a pretty big DJ to get 50K, that’s quite a bit for a set!

I don’t think it is for dance festivals, I think the bigger named DJs would get even more. The vast majority of budget for any festival goes on the acts. I know for a fact these are the amounts he used to get as I used to deal with them directly.