LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

1 hour ago, Beerqueen said:

Is there cocktails at night?  I genuinely can't remember.  I recall that whoever I saw wasn't great but I was too tired to move.

Yep. Free ones if you're picked out.

45 minutes ago, BluePaul said:

What's Mavericks all about?  I'e been going since 2007 and never heard reference to it before!

What Beerqueen said. Basically lower tier acts from the Caberet Tent putting in an extra shift to a smaller audience. Small stage and a caravan.

20190701_001254.thumb.jpg.32b76b69e1aa46a1c9c35b6c1b70a77a.jpg

• Thanks 1

I'm old but don't intend to hang my wellies ups yet.  I have never been able to stay up all night at Glasto - 1 or 2 am is about as late as it gets.  And that suits me as I'm not a fan of the SE corner or dance music so I can enjoy myself all day and still get a reasonable night's sleep.   

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

I'm old but don't intend to hang my wellies ups yet.  I have never been able to stay up all night at Glasto - 1 or 2 am is about as late as it gets.  And that suits me as I'm not a fan of the SE corner or dance music so I can enjoy myself all day and still get a reasonable night's sleep.   

Yep that's me as well. I'm always up nice and early for a leisurely walk around site and breakfast before the acts come on. Us taking it easier will just mean trying to pick a stage where we like 2 or 3 acts in a row so that he can sit down and rest between acts rather than racing around site too much. 

(meant to quote @gigpusher)

Oh I don't get up early!  

And I sympathise with the bad knee - I had one that was torture for 3-4 months, got referred to the orthopaedic hospital but by the time that came through, it had more or less got better on its own.  But the surgeon told me to contact him direct if it flared up again which I did about 9 months later, but again it righted itself.  Fingers crossed it doesn't come back.  

And hope that it's a dry year so we can sit down easily when need be (though that is a whole other story of trying to sit comfortably on the ground!  Might have to take a chair this time if I can manage it on the coach.

Edited by Beerqueen

6 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

(meant to quote @gigpusher)

Oh I don't get up early!  

And I sympathise with the bad knee - I had one that was torture for 3-4 months, got referred to the orthopaedic hospital but by the time that came through, it had more or less got better on its own.  But the surgeon told me to contact him direct if it flared up again which I did about 9 months later, but again it righted itself.  Fingers crossed it doesn't come back.  

And hope that it's a dry year so we can sit down easily when need be (though that is a whole other story of trying to sit comfortably on the ground!  Might have to take a chair this time if I can manage it on the coach.

His has been going on since Pre-COVID. Still walks lots and still runs but standing still is the killer for him. It locks up and really hurts. Of course he should go back to the doctor and get referred again but he doesn't!! He's very much hoping for dry weather as being able to just sit down anywhere he wants for stints will be a massive help to him. Secretly hoping that it hurts him just enough that he will finally go to the doctors when he gets back to get it sorted instead of just moaning about it!!

6 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

I think after the enforced break from festivals I will defiantly be taking it easier this year. 

You say that now. Come Thursday 3am of the festival you will be in your pants dancing to the hum of a generator, whistle in mouth. And living it

6 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

I'll probably go heavy for one or two nights at a push but I'd prefer an early finish one night so I can function the following day, rather than going hard and then dying in my tent till the following afternoon!

Yep looking to take it easy and maybe out on a couple of nights, I fancy a goid dance. Mind you even on the Monday (I work) we go out for a quiet drink and end up back at the tent at 2am, it is Glastonbury time after all. However, gone are the days of a double drop and a tab at 2pm.

From back in the late 80's early 90's I would always swear by an early night on a Thursday, but too much going on nowadays.

We are lucky that we can get back to camp and often have a fire to relax and then everyone starts rolling back for a chat which is great before bed

12 hours ago, tumbles said:

You see I don't mind that, as long as its used when leaving a bus (assuming First have actually turned up for once..) its a nice thing to say to the driver. 

Proper Job/Gurt Lush/Arite me Babber can get in the bin thou. 

There are books and websites with far more than that.  I can't remember if the book incudes the trait of adding an L on the end of some words, such as bra and asda. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dictionary-Bristle-Harry-Stoke/dp/190647785X

(I think the book was the most accurate source, but sadly they killed off their companion site). 

This one doesn't have all of them 

https://smarty09.wordpress.com/2009/11/01/bristolian-dictionary/

10 hours ago, fred quimby said:

You say that now. Come Thursday 3am of the festival you will be in your pants dancing to the hum of a generator, whistle in mouth. And living it

Yep looking to take it easy and maybe out on a couple of nights, I fancy a goid dance. Mind you even on the Monday (I work) we go out for a quiet drink and end up back at the tent at 2am, it is Glastonbury time after all. However, gone are the days of a double drop and a tab at 2pm.

From back in the late 80's early 90's I would always swear by an early night on a Thursday, but too much going on nowadays.

We are lucky that we can get back to camp and often have a fire to relax and then everyone starts rolling back for a chat which is great before bed

What’s your source on the generator? What stage are the playing? I thought we had them nailed on for Friday mid afternoon JP?

1 minute ago, rubick said:

Darren Emerson just self-confirmed on Facebook, usually Glade or there abouts. Glade Announcement incoming?

With that and Dub Pistols confirming yesterday then it does seem like something is about to drop.

Surely The Common and Glade won't drop on the same day?