LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

1 hour ago, tigger123 said:

Never understood why anyone would go to watch a film whilst at Glastonbury tbh, fair enough if you have kids but otherwise don’t understand why you’d use precious time at Glastonbury to go to the cinema!

In 2015 after the headliners there was a band Minima playing along to the Phantom of the Opera silent film, that kind of thing I think is proper Glastonbury quirkiness of things you probably otherwise would not go and see, quite chilled out way of ending the day.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I've done it in the past, sat and watched a film whilst coming down.

I was watching Ferris Bueller and trying to level back out when the news about Michael Jackson broke.

I was stuck outside the tent trying to watch East 17 in the dance village!

We closed out our 2019 festival by watching Escape from New York at cineramageddon at around 3 am on Sunday night Monday morning which seemed a really nice way to finish it off when we were knackered but not quite ready to call it a day. 

25 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

was at home texting my friends about the impending thunderstorm that didnt seem to make it as far as Pilton .... the MJ news did ....

Fairly sure it rained that year on the Thursday at somepoint......its the one and only year that I left on the Sunday night after the headliners and I know when I got home at 4am one of my friends still on site text just as I was going to bed saying words to the effect of 'wish I had gone with you now, as its hammering it down!'

4 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Fairly sure it rained that year on the Thursday at somepoint......its the one and only year that I left on the Sunday night after the headliners and I know when I got home at 4am one of my friends still on site text just as I was going to bed saying words to the effect of 'wish I had gone with you now, as its hammering it down!'

It rained at some point, possibly Friday morning. There are pictures of me from that year with my rain jacket on and hood up.

Edited by Hugh Jass II

8 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

It rained at some point, possibly Friday morning. There are pictures of me from that year with my rain jacket on and hood up.

hmm. My memory that far back is a bit hazy....it did rain at some point either thurs night or like you say fri morning and again on the Sunday night (thankfully for me after I had left!)

My first five Glastonbury's all had rain to varying degrees, took until my 6th visit in 2010 to have a bone dry one!

13 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

It absolutely pissed it down Thursday night until Friday at about 1pm. And then again at midnight on Sunday. 

24-Hours-Glasto-Weather-G-009.jpg?width=

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Coming thick and fast now. We'll get at least one, maybe even two, more this week.

One area that feels a waste of an announcement slot is the cinema. We all know what will be there, a few of the latest blockbusters (Dr Strange 2, Batman, Jurassic World 3), some for the kids (Encanto*, whatever Pixar and Dreamworks have got out) and a few cult classics (Pulp Fiction, Ferris Bueller, Ghostbusters).

*I'd be down like a shot for an Encanto singalong.

One year I walked in to a sing-a-long showing of the Rocky Horror Picture Show whilst on the comedown and did NOT have a good time 

When is the New Map Out?
By Date:

20 January 2010: New map released
8 March 2011: Updated map released
16 April 2019: New Map released
19 April 2015: Updated map released
23 April 2016: New map released
27 April 2017: New Map
1 June 2013: Updated map released
8 June 2009: New Map
16 June 2014: Updated map released

3 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

When is the New Map Out?
By Date:

20 January 2010: New map released
8 March 2011: Updated map released
16 April 2019: New Map released
19 April 2015: Updated map released
23 April 2016: New map released
27 April 2017: New Map
1 June 2013: Updated map released
8 June 2009: New Map
16 June 2014: Updated map released

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Is the map much later than usual?

Quite late compared to the previous 4 festivals then. 

Given the holding image:

map-coming-soon.png

I'm expecting  it's arrival to get it's own announcement rather than simply just uploaded to the info page as it has been a previous years.

Aside from a few well known changes (Arcadia, Silver Hayes & BBC Introducing moving to a new area) are we anticipating anymore?

8 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Given the holding image:

map-coming-soon.png

I'm expecting  it's arrival to get it's own announcement rather than simply just uploaded to the info page as it has been a previous years.

Aside from a few well known changes (Arcadia, Silver Hayes & BBC Introducing moving to a new area) are we anticipating anymore?

Beats Hotel 2.0 I think, although that's minor in context of the others I guess.