LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

hoping the next announcement will be that the arcadia spider will be hanging from the crane , making it's massive web, then on Sunday night it will devour the crane.

sorry too much time on my hands today 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, ghandi said:

+1 for this, she was amazing in 2019! I know Jamie has his own stuff but surely some Liverpool songs thrown in?

He doesn’t do any Liverpool stuff in his solo shows, keeps the 2 very separate. Why alienate a chunk of the audience?

9 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

He doesn’t do any Liverpool stuff in his solo shows, keeps the 2 very separate. Why alienate a chunk of the audience?

2 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Looking forward to a rousing Fuck The Tories during Jamie's set. 

👀 😁

35 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Yeah fair enough. Though i guess there will be some in the crowd trying 😄

Coming thick and fast now. We'll get at least one, maybe even two, more this week.

One area that feels a waste of an announcement slot is the cinema. We all know what will be there, a few of the latest blockbusters (Dr Strange 2, Batman, Jurassic World 3), some for the kids (Encanto*, whatever Pixar and Dreamworks have got out) and a few cult classics (Pulp Fiction, Ferris Bueller, Ghostbusters).

*I'd be down like a shot for an Encanto singalong.

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Coming thick and fast now. We'll get at least one, maybe even two, more this week.

One area that feels a waste of an announcement slot is the cinema. We all know what will be there, a few of the latest blockbusters (Dr Strange 2, Batman, Jurassic World 3), some for the kids (Encanto*, whatever Pixar and Dreamworks have got out) and a few cult classics (Pulp Fiction, Ferris Bueller, Ghostbusters).

*I'd be down like a shot for an Encanto singalong.

As much as I think it's nice for small areas to get in the spotlight, I agree with you there...

I think we're due 3 announcements this week, there are a lot more still not announced and we usually get a lot in early May. We've had less announcements this year than we usually get by this time. Thinking the next 2 are kidzfield and Shangri-la. Tomorrow and Friday let's go.

6 minutes ago, moogster said:

As much as I think it's nice for small areas to get in the spotlight, I agree with you there...

Never understood why anyone would go to watch a film whilst at Glastonbury tbh, fair enough if you have kids but otherwise don’t understand why you’d use precious time at Glastonbury to go to the cinema!

Just now, tigger123 said:

Never understood why anyone would go to watch a film whilst at Glastonbury tbh, fair enough if you have kids but otherwise don’t understand why you’d use precious time at Glastonbury to go to the cinema!

Not my choice … but I guess a chance to sit for a bit chill out and recuperate ? 

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Not my choice … but I guess a chance to sit for a bit chill out and recuperate ? 

I've done it in the past, sat and watched a film whilst coming down.

I was watching Ferris Bueller and trying to level back out when the news about Michael Jackson broke.

5 minutes ago, tigger123 said:

Depends on the film. In general I wouldn't bother (and to this point haven't) but I do have a hankering to watch something culty like Rocky Horror, Withnail & I or Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas in a field with like minded folks while a bit out of my tree

5 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Didn't the common confirm they were announcing this week a few weeks ago?

I can't remember what their social media person said in the replies to some folk on instagram?

yes, Friday.

1 hour ago, tigger123 said:

Not for me either really but I'm glad the option is there. Might be a chance for a rest for some. 

My gf has chronic fatigue issues. I imagine it'll be a nice refuge for us (especially if it's muddy!) 

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I've done it in the past, sat and watched a film whilst coming down.

I was watching Ferris Bueller and trying to level back out when the news about Michael Jackson broke.

I was in the ribbon tower queue when that news broke, well we did hear he's died then about 5 minutes later we heard he was seriously ill so in our eyes that was a vast improvement, but he'd died again by the time we hit the from of the queue haha.

I watched the Justice film which was on quite late on the Weds or Thurs last time. Quite enjoyed it and reminded me how good that last night was in 2017. Set me right up for the start off the 2019 festival that did.

18 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

I CANNOT WAIT for the new map. 

Can you (or anyone) remember if the new map has ever been given much fanfare when it's been released?

It's usually just updated on the info page isn't it? 

It certainly seems like they're going to make a thing of it and give it it's very own announcement this year if that holding image is anything to go by.