LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I'll be issuing P45's to anyone in my team who disturbs me in the hours after the full lineup drops.

All through lockdown I was crazy busy. Last year we finished a big project before doing a full launch they decided to do a soft launch just before Christmas in an insignificant market that had COVID restrictions because unsurprisingly it didn't perform well they binned off months of work and never went ahead with the launch. Since then we've been mostly quiet with one or 2 crazy days here and there while we make some tweaks to existing work but they have been working on another full redesign which is due to drop at the end of this week early next week which will most likely see me ridiculously busy for another period of time. If it's not apparent that I think many of the senior people I work with have no idea what they are doing, it really should be!!

I’m in Disneyland Paris from 28th May to 2nd June so I’m expecting then full line up then as that will wind the wife up me looking at my phone constantly.

she’s already angry that Liverpool are looking good for the CL final on 28th May in Paris….  

4 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

All through lockdown I was crazy busy. Last year we finished a big project before doing a full launch they decided to do a soft launch just before Christmas in an insignificant market that had COVID restrictions because unsurprisingly it didn't perform well they binned off months of work and never went ahead with the launch. Since then we've been mostly quiet with one or 2 crazy days here and there while we make some tweaks to existing work but they have been working on another full redesign which is due to drop at the end of this week early next week which will most likely see me ridiculously busy for another period of time. If it's not apparent that I think many of the senior people I work with have no idea what they are doing, it really should be!!

I work in higher education and this is very much the calm before the storm before exam season kicks off and everything goes mental.

Just now, Hugh Jass II said:

I work in higher education and this is very much the calm before the storm before exam season kicks off and everything goes mental.

I know all about that @Mr Gigpusherused to work in higher education and was in charge of exams in one of his roles so I remember the crazy busy times. One of them coincided with our house move. Didn't help that he was also taking exams himself! 

8 minutes ago, sisco said:

I’m in Disneyland Paris from 28th May to 2nd June so I’m expecting then full line up then as that will wind the wife up me looking at my phone constantly.

she’s already angry that Liverpool are looking good for the CL final on 28th May in Paris….  

Set an alert for when the Facebook/Twitter account posts and do a tactical loo break... works for me!

5 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I know all about that @Mr Gigpusherused to work in higher education and was in charge of exams in one of his roles so I remember the crazy busy times. One of them coincided with our house move. Didn't help that he was also taking exams himself! 

I'm not affected directly by them, but it does mean everything else grinds to a halt for a few weeks.

On 4/21/2022 at 9:40 AM, blutarsky said:

This is fun.

Silver Hayes - April 22 
Glasto Latino - April 25
Acoustic - April 26 
Theatre & Circus - April 28 
New Map - April 29 
Kidzfield - May 3 
The Common - May 6 
Shangri-La - May 10 
The Glade - May 12
Croissant Neuf - May 17 
Unfairground - May 19
Block 9 - May 23
West Holts - May 25 
Arcadia - May 27 
Pilton Palais - May 27
Leftfield - May 30
The Park - June 1
Full line up - June 6

Still bang on schedule 😜

Should be Acoustic today...

14 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I work in sport and we're in catch up mode... shit gone crazy now that we're pretty much opened up again.

(Good complaint though, great to see life getting back to normality. It was a long 2 years)

6 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

The day someone told me about clicking the blue circle or star next to a thread name to go back to your last read post changed my (efests) life! 

Ha ha!  I think that might have been me - well, I remember telling someone some years back and them being equally delighted!

5 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

Ha ha!  I think that might have been me - well, I remember telling someone some years back and them being equally delighted!

The fact I'm still talking about it tell you everything you need to know! Thank you 🙏