LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

2 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

I think as a wider point what tends to get forgotten when booking big names for smaller stages is that no matter how much capacity GFL raise the general admission tickets by, the stages/areas don't get any bigger.

And generally speaking there's only so many people you can have trying to watch the same thing before it becomes too crowded/uncomfortable, can't hear anything etc.

I think they have increased The Glade capacity in recent years - and Tony Andrews has put in an upgraded rig as of last time. Hopefully it will work well this year, it's one of my fave stages. 

40 minutes ago, David_303 said:

I think they have increased The Glade capacity in recent years - and Tony Andrews has put in an upgraded rig as of last time. Hopefully it will work well this year, it's one of my fave stages. 

The Glade is just such a good structure for a festival stage. I went to Lost Village the second year it was running back in 2016, when the stages were completely different to the ones they have now, and they were using The Glade as one of the main stages*, worked perfectly.  

*Either that or they'd built an identical stage there...

5 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

The Glade is just such a good structure for a festival stage. I went to Lost Village the second year it was running back in 2016, when the stages were completely different to the ones they have now, and they were using The Glade as one of the main stages*, worked perfectly.  

*Either that or they'd built an identical stage there...

Not 100% but I think the glade canopy doesn’t get removed from worthy farm at all! 

On 4/21/2022 at 9:40 AM, blutarsky said:

This is fun.

Silver Hayes - April 22 
Acoustic - April 26 
Theatre & Circus - April 28 
New Map - April 29 
Kidzfield - May 3 
The Common - May 6 
Shangri-La - May 10 
The Glade - May 12
Croissant Neuf - May 17 
Unfairground - May 19
Block 9 - May 23
West Holts - May 25 
Arcadia - May 27 
Pilton Palais - May 27
Leftfield - May 30
The Park - June 1
Full line up - June 6

Today’s announcement was bang on schedule. 
#ManInTheKnow

38 minutes ago, stuie said:

Not 100% but I think the glade canopy doesn’t get removed from worthy farm at all! 

You may mean it stays at the farm in storage, but if you mean it stays in situ then I’m afraid that’s not right. It wasn’t up when we were at Worthy Pastures last year .

8 hours ago, frankzekilo said:

Sofia Kourtesis! Her 2021 album "Fresia Magdalena" is a beauty.

Some brilliant names on there - Leon Vynehall, LTJ Bukem, Ross from Friends!

And just when we were starting to talk about JIRA... 🛸

Genuinely really annoyed as Sofia Kourtesis was supporting Caribou when I saw them in January, but we missed her as my mate was late to meet me because he fell asleep after work 🙄 

Now I’m going to have her on my clash finder when I could have ruled her out through already having seen her recently. 

1 minute ago, John the Moth said:

So Silver Hayes is getting the long desired stages shake up.

Now the info is out in the wild, does that free any restraints on releasing the Map?

Are we anticipating any other changes that need some sort of announcement that might hold it back?

Arcadia ?

1 hour ago, blutarsky said:

You may mean it stays at the farm in storage, but if you mean it stays in situ then I’m afraid that’s not right. It wasn’t up when we were at Worthy Pastures last year .

I’m pretty sure it has in previous years but maybe not during this fallow period. 

7 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

What's the difference between all these areas? Like the type of music they play

ive only been to Glasto once and that was as a volunteer so I've missed out on a lot. I don't know the differences between so many areas like The Common, Silver Hayes, Babylon Uprising, Shangri-La, Block 9 etc...

Silver Hayes is a proper area for dance. It used to be called Dance Village and is proper stages. The others are mainly late night and during day tend to be more street performers and artists with 'nightclub' style areas compared to your traditional stages.

15 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

ive only been to Glasto once and that was as a volunteer so I've missed out on a lot. I don't know the differences between so many areas like The Common, Silver Hayes, Babylon Uprising, Shangri-La, Block 9 etc...

If you're looking for techno, IICON and Genosys are your venues. There's a lot of DnB on the Common but other genres are covered. For hedonistic house and disco, head for NYC Downlow. 

1 hour ago, blutarsky said:

Genuinely really annoyed as Sofia Kourtesis was supporting Caribou when I saw them in January, but we missed her as my mate was late to meet me because he fell asleep after work 🙄 

Now I’m going to have her on my clash finder when I could have ruled her out through already having seen her recently. 

Hopefully she sorts her recent Visa issues out in time...

1 hour ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

this is always handy https://www.glastoearth.com/p/torts-faq-part-5.html#:~:text=Which stages should I spend my time at%3F fairly up to date and covers alot.

18 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

I think as a wider point what tends to get forgotten when booking big names for smaller stages is that no matter how much capacity GFL raise the general admission tickets by, the stages/areas don't get any bigger.

And generally speaking there's only so many people you can have trying to watch the same thing before it becomes too crowded/uncomfortable, can't hear anything etc.

More so with the glade now it’s back in the woods!