LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

1 minute ago, zeppelin said:

I really hate all the different terms used in business these days. My company are all about squads and sprints at the moment. 

Ah, you've also been infected with the agile bug.

If I have to deal with one more person calling themselves a scrum master that's never been near a rugby pitch I swear to god...

• Upvote 2

Just now, Quark said:

If I have to deal with one more person calling themselves a scrum master that's never been near a rugby pitch I swear to god...

We have indeed and it pains me no end. 

I initially chuckles when I first saw internal job listings for a "Scrum Master" but not anymore.

And whenever our CEO talks it's like a game of buzzword bingo. Eyes rolling so far I might as well go bowling. 

8 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Anyone else the official Glastonbury comms person for the group and giving a “it depends” answer whenever your mates ask when the rest of the lineup is coming?

This is my purpose in life. It's hard to get everyone excited in this weird limbo point...The penny hasn't dropped for them that we're going to Glasto and just how exciting that is

4 minutes ago, Quark said:

My husband was talking about being scrum master and all I could imagine was some kind of circus ringmaster/rugby crossover, IE top hat, red tailcoat, rugby shorts and gum shield.

• Like 1

Just now, Simsy said:

My husband was talking about being scrum master and all I could imagine was some kind of circus ringmaster/rugby crossover, IE top hat, red tailcoat, rugby shorts and gum shield.

Give him a clip round the ear and tell him he's a project manager 😄

5 minutes ago, Simsy said:

That’s taking role play to the extreme😉

Think I’ll stick to gym mistress and naughty school boy 😁

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

8 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Btw my friend asked me if Snoh Aalegra is playing? I am not familiar with her and apparently she has dates around the festival. Anyone heard anything?

Her last album was really good but don't think there have been any direct rumours. For fans of the latest Twigs mixtape

4 minutes ago, George1399 said:

This is my purpose in life. It's hard to get everyone excited in this weird limbo point...The penny hasn't dropped for them that we're going to Glasto and just how exciting that is

Same here. All newbies and have no idea. 

My boyfried did put his holidays in yesterday and apparently his boss was really excited for him, saying it's the best line up ever and he's sad he didn't get tickets. At least now I'm not the only obsessed person he knows! 

27 minutes ago, The60ftOctopus said:

I think it's going to be the announcement of Pyramid North Stage and Pyramid South Stage

some years there's been that, nick turners canvas pyramid was erected in the green fields in some years.

4 minutes ago, Quark said:

Give him a clip round the ear and tell him he's a project manager 😄

Haha, he didn't mean it like "look at me, I'm a scrum master", he meant it like "apparently I'm a scrum master now, wtf?", but I could give him a clip round the ear just to make sure 😂

Just now, 1986 said:

If this thread turns into a Jira discussion we really do need an announcement.

If nothing else, it shows people working in projects are stealing a living and can post on forums all day.

Might put lack of Glastonbury announcements as a blocker.

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Maybe Silver Hayes need to raise a ticket before they can announce. 

Whole line up - Epic

Each area poster - Stories

Individual area stages - Sub-tasks

I hate myself and I apologise already

Edited by 1986
  • Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Anyone else the official Glastonbury comms person for the group and giving a “it depends” answer whenever your mates ask when the rest of the lineup is coming?

I'm struggling to manage their expectations!