LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

Just to really throw the cat amongst the pigeons - they don't actually clarify Glastonbury '22. Could we be looking at the Glastonbury '23 lineup being released on the 6th of May?

(I initially read their comment as the full Glastonbury lineup but am happy to concede that it's more likely to mean their full Glastonbury lineup)

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

It definitely reads more like the full Glastonbury lineup, as in the whole thing, rather than just the Common, although that’s not what I’m expecting us to get. We can live in hope though. 

7 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Eh? Pretty sure I'm doing the complete opposite. 

"6th May is the full line up for Glastonbury"

that's such a simple, easy to understand sentence and yet some people are struggling and thinking they mean something else? LOL

It does read this way in isolation but when you consider how unlikely 6th May is for a full festival lineup, cominbed with The Common's history with releasing their full Glastonbury lineup (and the associated perspective of the person writing it), it's much more likely to be full Common lineup. 

The sooner they release the line up the better for me. 6th of May would be amazing. 

Imagine having nearly two whole months to go through the line up and spot cool stuff on the smaller stages, rather then just the normal 20 days or so. What a dream. 

Edited by kemosabe

I’m sure our right honourable colleague the thingy will confirm the last time the full lineup was released in June (which is when Emily said it would be) was 2015, since then it’s always been late May.

Couple that with the fact we have a double bank Holiday for the Queens Jubilee On the 2nd and 3rd of June, it’s probably unlikely to be 1st June, but at the earliest the 6th of June, which is later than normal and gives them more time to release individual lineups.

The commons announcement is clearly the commons lineups, we will get individual announcements as normal and then the final big poster in June.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

12 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

Has anyone actually asked The Common for clarification?  We can then have another 10 pages analysing their response.

7 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Why are we restricting ourselves to 10 pages! Let's have a full analysis....

🤣

Just now, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I’m sure our right honourable colleague the thingy will confirm the last time the full lineup was released in June (which is when Emily said it would be) was 2015, since then it’s always been late May.

Couple that with the fact we have a double bank Holiday for the Queens Jubilee On the 2nd and 3rd of June, it’s probably unlikely to be 1st June, but at the earliest the 6th of June, which is later than normal and gives them more time to release individual lineups.

The commons announcement is clearly the commons lineups, we will get individual announcements as normal and then the final big poster on June.

Hey...let's not let facts get in the way of things on here...

16 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

The commons announcement is clearly the commons lineups, we will get individual announcements as normal and then the final big poster in June.

If it is the 6th June, that's 46 days away. 

Going off 2019 there were 16 areas that received a line-up announcement via the official Glastonbury website prior to the full line-up. 

So 15 to go in 46 days = 1 every 3.06 days.

On top of that we have the updated map plus some areas that don't get shared via the official page.

Edited by Gnomicide

Still think we'll get something this week (admittedly I thought we were getting something Tuesday, so take what I say with a pinch of salt). 

But it would seem pretty pointless to release Avalon and then nothing for ages after. 

The whole point of these releases, has been to give each area it's own exposure, but also ramp up excitement. If there's a massive gap now you lose some of that. 

So yeah, Silver Hayes this week. 

Or not. 

8 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

If it is the 6th June, that's 46 days away. 

Going off 2019 there were 16 areas that received a line-up announcement via the official Glastonbury website prior to the full line-up. 

So 15 to go in 46 days = 1 every 3.06 days.

On top of that we have the updated map plus some areas that don't get shared via the official page.

They could ultimately release one every day if they want though. I think this will be a slightly unusual year as not everything will be as locked in as it normally would be, plus there is a shit ton of backlogged tours artists are trying to flog as well.

I’m not panicking, yet. And equally I don’t for a second think the common meant anything else other than their own lineup is 6th May.

1 hour ago, Beerqueen said:

Has anyone actually asked The Common for clarification?  We can then have another 10 pages analysing their response.

39 minutes ago, leath02 said:

please can someone do this 😅

I asked them when we were getting more line up drops...

Screenshot_20220421-113213~2.png

39 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Apart from anything else @Gilgamesh69, why would the Common’s social media intern know when the full festival line up is dropping? 

Why do you think the people who run The Common are a large enough group that they have a dedicated social media person? I work in a 50 person company and we don't have one.