LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

2 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Just to give first timers a bit of context, that announcement was for the tiny area marked with the green square:

Screen Shot 2022-04-12 at 12.37.12 PM.png

I’m looking forward to the west carpark announcements 😀… amazing though … 3 names for me on such a small area when I thought things might be a little on the light side this year 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, incident said:

Quick countup - 25 names on this poster. 25 names on the 2019 poster. So hopefully no truth to the "no Avalon cafe" rumour.

Looking at announcement on Avalon’s Facebook page looks indeed as though the Avalon Cafe as we know it is no more for 2022 🙁 Sounds like the cafe stage will be in the Flying Machine cafe that is replacing it. From memory that is much much smaller but let’s see….

Edited by Splatt

11 minutes ago, Splatt said:

Looking at announcement on Avalon’s Facebook page looks indeed as though the Avalon Cafe as we know it is no more for 2022 🙁 Sounds like the cafe stage will be in the Flying Machine cafe that is replacing it. From memory that is much much smaller but let’s see….

Do you have a link?

From FoA Facebook:

We've changed things up a little this year, with The Flying Machine Cafe which will also house Avalon Cafe Stage.

Wonder does this mean The Flying Machine won't be at Worthy View this year, or if they have another one on site?

32 minutes ago, Hotchilidog said:

The answer will be yes. Although I managed to get a decent spot inside the tent for Busted, who absolutely crushed it!, and wasn't aware until much later that they had to close the field. I suspect the same maybe true of the Sugababes.

Do we think McFly will headline? It would make sense to me but I don't know many of the acts on this poster.

29 minutes ago, Hotchilidog said:

The answer will be yes. Although I managed to get a decent spot inside the tent for Busted, who absolutely crushed it!, and wasn't aware until much later that they had to close the field. I suspect the same maybe true of the Sugababes.

We were next to the giant Badgers so outside on the edge of tent, sound was terrible so we wandered off to meet peeps that wanted to see Kaiser's - the sound clashes were preferable to listening to Kaiser's, wish we'd stayed in Avalon 😉

I'm slightly too old to be a fan of either Busted or McFly but weirdly still want to see them😆

1 minute ago, discgoesmic said:

Do we think McFly will headline? It would make sense to me but I don't know many of the acts on this poster.

That'd be a surprise. Imelda May has self confirmed for that day, and so would assume she's headlining.

Would expect either McFly or Sugababes to be either directly against Diana Ross, as a kind of alternative to the legends slot.

41 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Their headline set there many years ago is one of my favorites

I saw them headline Avalon in 2004 and it was incredible (I was right up against the barrier). I believe that they also headlined in 2015 but my memories of that are a bit more hazy. 

2 minutes ago, incident said:

That'd be a surprise. Imelda May has self confirmed for that day, and so would assume she's headlining.

Would expect either McFly or Sugababes to be either directly against Diana Ross, as a kind of alternative to the legends slot.

That makes sense, thanks!

1 minute ago, sadimmock said:

I saw them headline Avalon in 2004 and it was incredible (I was right up against the barrier). I believe that they also headlined in 2015 but my memories of that are a bit more hazy. 

One I was thinking was meant to be when the were calling it a day, they played West Holts the following day but not as magical as Avalon. 2004 could well be the year 

2 minutes ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

it does look like an arcade fire photo. Does anyone know hoe many people are currently in the band? 

Are they not just laying the sand at Glastonbury-on-sea?

The webcam thread said there was activity there. Also a Google image search didn't throw up anything music related.