LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

So it got worse than just the fake slide thing? Man, glad the only drama over here was if a red hot chili peppers club show tonight was real but lots of people thought it was fake despite a legit flyer and the venue saying so.

oh yeah, and I was thinking some announcements might have started Monday but now after the apparent mess maybe theyll hold off now as punishment lol

Edited by Suprefan

17 minutes ago, Quark said:

It was done as a stitch up on a specific person. Rolled a bit from there is all.

That’s a bit weird too though tbf.

The spirit of April Fools is in bizarre news stories. Making a completely believable poster and sending it to someone to dupe them is like, idk… pretending the printer is out of ink to someone so they have to go use the one upstairs.

7 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

The spirit of April Fools is in bizarre news stories. Making a completely believable poster and sending it to someone to dupe them is like, idk… pretending the printer is out of ink to someone so they have to go use the one upstairs.

Not really. As a joke between mates (which it was) I'd say perfectly reasonable. Just gets odd when filtered into wider circulation. 

Don't make much difference either way though really.

14 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Actual lol

14 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

Sorry to be a fly in the ointment, but the fake info (flyers, news) percolating on the forums today has been a major tension headache for some key folk at Glasto, who are scurrying around to trace leaks.

Think the overall sense of humour about disinformation is pretty low when they're weeks out from an event three years in the making. It's the kind of thing that'll see area announcements slowed down rather than accelerated.

Know it's mostly in good spirits but think twice before you post, even on April 1st. Friendly word to the wise.

And that is exactly the mainstream/over commercial festival this has become and has been for a while now. Ignored it for as long as possible but it's been going to the hashtag rubbish, ignoring anything they aren't interested in since a few years after Emily took over.

It's a sold out festival, they planned to booked acts not based on extra revenue coming in more than normal. Non profit organisation etc etc. Makes no difference at all. 

Could understand if they are awaiting a next ticket hike with an act but they aren't. 

34 minutes ago, nikkic said:

I’ve read that 3 times and I still can’t work out what he’s saying. 

14 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

Hahaha yeah not sure how something so indecipherable can be bang on.

You're both going to dislike anything I post regardless of what it was so let me save both of your fingers and ignore my posts.

2 minutes ago, mcshed said:

But for the rest of us could you provide a translation?

I don't really need to, I feel if someone else on here that is a long timer and I've probably had history can understand it then it's easy.

It's becoming a loss less attractive festival to attend.

Just now, thewayiam said:

I don't really need to, I feel if someone else on here that is a long timer and I've probably had history can understand it then it's easy.

It's becoming a loss less attractive festival to attend.

In what sense? Do you think the attitude of the organisation has changed since Emily assumed more control, is that what you're saying? Do you think they're taking a different direction in terms of bookings? I assume you have a ticket for this year? 

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

And that is exactly the mainstream/over commercial festival this has become.

And that’s the paradox. It’s famed for *not* being commercial. Events have to move with the times, I get that - but in my view the only thing that has changed to a tangible degree is social media.

for what it’s worth, my tastes are about as far from commercial as you can get - and there’s plenty there to cater for me.

I admit that it does attract way more idiots these days. 

Edited by David_303

31 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

You're both going to dislike anything I post regardless of what it was so let me save both of your fingers and ignore my posts.

I didn’t say I disliked it, I said I couldn’t understand it. 

11 minutes ago, David_303 said:

And that’s the paradox. It’s famed for *not* being commercial. Events have to move with the times, I get that - but in my view the only thing that has changed to a tangible degree is social media.

for what it’s worth, my tastes are about as far from commercial as you can get - and there’s plenty there to cater for me.

I admit that it does attract way more idiots these days. 

It’s easy to say the festival has become more “commercial” in the last decade or so but that’s just the way society has gone. The days of it just being hippies rolling around in the mud are long over. The festival is now a major commercial enterprise and if anything the organisers deserve credit for at least trying to keep as much of the commercial side out of view of the average punter on site.

Complaining about social media is pointless too, like it or not SM has proliferated every aspect of modern life. So why should GF be any different?

One thing I’ve noticed since Emily has taken over, and I’m not sure if it happened deliberately or organically, is that all the disparate elements and areas of the festival (WH, T&C, Park, etc) have all been given much more autonomy and space to do their own things. They’ve all got their own separate identities to the festival, have their own announcements, social media profiles, etc. I think it’s really good.

• Upvote 3