LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

26 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Not to drag it up again but re. Wolf Alice subbing, considering they are playing the same slots as Bastille and Glass Animals at Reading they surely can't be big enough... Even billed below Meg (though I know hip hop often gets shafted a bit more at Glasto)

Reading is a lot more Bastille's and Glass Animals's crowd than Wolf Alice's to be fair. I think they are an incredibly weak sub and i'm not a fan of them at all.

I saw someone mention Flume a page ago, i can't see that at all. Don't think he's big enough here at all, would be such a weird, out there choice.

5 minutes ago, Nobby's Old Boots said:

They're not playing the same slot as Bastille and Glass Animals - they're both subheadlining what is clearly (in everything but name) the 2nd stage. Wolf Alice subbing the main main.

They play alternate stages, so even if we are going by that argument then they are still third down at Reading

2 minutes ago, gfa said:

Reading is a lot more Bastille's and Glass Animals's crowd than Wolf Alice's to be fair. I think they are an incredibly weak sub and i'm not a fan of them at all.

I saw someone mention Flume a page ago, i can't see that at all. Don't think he's big enough here at all, would be such a weird, out there choice.

Flume would have been a fantastic option for West Holts if we didn't already have a fantastic electronic lineup. Would be a pretty weak other headliner though, and can't see him not playing in the dark...

Edit: also not sure I buy this 'reading is not wolf alices crowd' argument. Glasto has been getting in pop/rap/alt acts for a lot longer than reading has

Edited by Mattymooz

11 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Flume would have been a fantastic option for West Holts if we didn't already have a fantastic electronic lineup. Would be a pretty weak other headliner though, and can't see him not playing in the dark...

Edit: also not sure I buy this 'reading is not wolf alices crowd' argument. Glasto has been getting in pop/rap/alt acts for a lot longer than reading has

I meant that at Reading/Leeds, glass animals / bastille are near enough home runs. Wolf Alice's crowd will be far smaller than those two's

tl;dr of what happened today? Talk of rumours going too far etc but i can't actually see anything! Can someone send me the genesys mock poster if thats what its all about?? i'm pretty baffled

2 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

Sorry to be a fly in the ointment, but the fake info (flyers, news) percolating on the forums today has been a major tension headache for some key folk at Glasto, who are scurrying around to trace leaks.

Think the overall sense of humour about disinformation is pretty low when they're weeks out from an event three years in the making. It's the kind of thing that'll see area announcements slowed down rather than accelerated.

Know it's mostly in good spirits but think twice before you post, even on April 1st. Friendly word to the wise.

So, if I’ve got this right, you’re saying some of the names on the fake poster are actually correct and Avalon Emerson is playing 😀😀

10 minutes ago, mjfiddy said:

so are we saying the ribbon tower slide is a yes or a no!? 👀

😂 It was a secret! 

Seriously, what’s the fake Guardian Twitter thing about? 

2 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

Agents and acts were speaking to bookers/each other well before this happened. The board is monitored by some professional lurkers and that mocked up line-up did the rounds in the industry.

That + a fake Guardian story with fake quotes from Emily about a proposed change to the site, banded around Twitter with the hashtag #Glastonbury, have been looked on very dimly by comms people.

Got nothing to do with Harry, to be clear. It's the rest.

Neil through his reliable sources has been saying kendrick and Macca for months, why the sudden outrage at potentially a couple of djs being leaked early? guarantee half the glasto audience won’t have heard of these people yet pretty much everyone will have heard of kendrick and macca so not sure why they’re suddenly so bothered?

13 minutes ago, tigger123 said:

Neil through his reliable sources has been saying kendrick and Macca for months, why the sudden outrage at potentially a couple of djs being leaked early? guarantee half the glasto audience won’t have heard of these people yet pretty much everyone will have heard of kendrick and macca so not sure why they’re suddenly so bothered?

I don’t reckon they are. Wind ups all round. 

Yep. If Glastonbury are pissed off by one fake poster and one obvious April Fools gag after all the info that has been leaked here over the years then it's someone new to the job. Maybe they're pissed off because someone started contacting the people on the poster.