LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

5 minutes ago, mjfiddy said:

"My least favourite thing about Glastonbury is there's just too much choice" 😅

It's why the festival is great, (and probably something we lose the perspective of sometimes), no matter where you are or what you're seeing or how you feel about it, someone there is having the best time and it's the highlight of their festival 

Yes the first year I went about 5 people from my office went and when we were comparing notes afterwards we all had such different festival barely any crossover in what we saw and all loved it. It's why I hate groups talking loads near the stages because you might think of something as just somewhere to stop and you're not that arsed about it but it could be someone else's must see of the entire festival. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Sorry to be a fly in the ointment, but the fake info (flyers, news) percolating on the forums today has been a major tension headache for some key folk at Glasto, who are scurrying around to trace leaks.

Think the overall sense of humour about disinformation is pretty low when they're weeks out from an event three years in the making. It's the kind of thing that'll see area announcements slowed down rather than accelerated.

Know it's mostly in good spirits but think twice before you post, even on April 1st. Friendly word to the wise.

What fake info has been flying around? Think I’ve missed that.

14 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Sorry to be a fly in the ointment, but the fake info (flyers, news) percolating on the forums today has been a major tension headache for some key folk at Glasto, who are scurrying around to trace leaks.

Think the overall sense of humour about disinformation is pretty low when they're weeks out from an event three years in the making. It's the kind of thing that'll see area announcements slowed down rather than accelerated.

Know it's mostly in good spirits but think twice before you post, even on April 1st. Friendly word to the wise.

A major headache...? 😅 like it even matters FFS...

21 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

I'm gonna guess that contacting all the acts might not have helped matters along 😁

Not to drag it up again but re. Wolf Alice subbing, considering they are playing the same slots as Bastille and Glass Animals at Reading they surely can't be big enough... Even billed below Meg (though I know hip hop often gets shafted a bit more at Glasto)

2 minutes ago, Justcalledtosay said:

Exactly.

I wouldn't mind it being spelt out to be honest. 

Normal speculation is bog standard and one thing, and that's absolutely fine. It happens all the time.

Mocking up posters into circulation is a bit of a step forward.

People then contacting the acts themselves based on seeing that poster and receiving info from them one way or the other has the potential to create a bit more news.  If such a mock up actually hits the nail on the head in one or two cases and those conversations have made their way outside of general web chat and into the scope of the festival / area bookers and acts, then the fest may be wondering if people are actually leaking info that they shouldn't.

The problem isn't the mock ups and the speculation, it's what people have done with it afterwards.

Just now, Justcalledtosay said:

Thanks. I've missed these mock up/posters in circulation etc. hence the confusion.

There was one that someone did of the Genosys venue in Block 9.  Beyond normal speculation that's the only one I'm aware of.

Agents and acts were speaking to bookers/each other well before this happened. The board is monitored by some professional lurkers and that mocked up line-up did the rounds in the industry.

That + a fake Guardian story with fake quotes from Emily about a proposed change to the site, banded around Twitter with the hashtag #Glastonbury, have been looked on very dimly by comms people.

Got nothing to do with Harry, to be clear. It's the rest.

Hope this isn't one of mine? I always make sure to add the caveat to the bottom of my poster so it doesn't get banded around like that...

Agents and acts were speaking to bookers/each other well before this happened. The board is monitored by some professional lurkers and that mocked up line-up did the rounds in the industry.

That + a fake Guardian story with fake quotes from Emily about a proposed change to the site, banded around Twitter with the hashtag #Glastonbury, have been looked on very dimly by comms people.

Got nothing to do with Harry, to be clear. It's the rest.

The Guardian one I can kinda get, it's a professional media outlet with a big reach and yeah you could argue they have certain responsibilities.

I'm less convinced that they have any real reason to get in a twist about a poster knock up done to stitch up some mates on April 1st. Not saying your info is wrong, but seems a bit OTT. Every year there are fake poster mock ups doing the rounds

23 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Not to drag it up again but re. Wolf Alice subbing, considering they are playing the same slots as Bastille and Glass Animals at Reading they surely can't be big enough... Even billed below Meg (though I know hip hop often gets shafted a bit more at Glasto)

They're not playing the same slot as Bastille and Glass Animals - they're both subheadlining what is clearly (in everything but name) the 2nd stage. Wolf Alice subbing the main main.

Edited by Nobby's Old Boots

13 minutes ago, Quark said:

The Guardian one I can kinda get, it's a professional media outlet with a big reach and yeah you could argue they have certain responsibilities.

I'm less convinced that they have any real reason to get in a twist about a poster knock up done to stitch up some mates on April 1st. Not saying your info is wrong, but seems a bit OTT. Every year there are fake poster mock ups doing the rounds

It was nothing to do with the guardian.